Anyone know if their are free student tickets for tonights game

DRose1

Anyone know if anyone picked up a sponsorship like the first two CBI games?

-they better be free, or $1 with a valid id

-i don't care who needs to sponsor them or no spoonsor at all

-only hangup i can see is if cbi says we get $10 per head for anyone in the bldg, but then i would have charged everyone an extra $1 per ticket to give students free tix (so for every 10 regular tix one student's ticket is paid for --- so 3000 regular tix = 300 students) - and this would have been known long ago, in relative terms

while i do disagree with RickMa because i think the tickets need to have a monetary value. I do think 10$ is too high. 5$ would be perfect..perhaps you could designate a few premier games such as dayton, xavier, temple and charge the 10$ for those games. Im also upset that spending 135$ on tickets for 18 home games (some of which i couldnt attend because of winter break) didnt get me a discount on postseason tickets.

WOW, that sucks. I didn't know that Students had to pay at all to attend the games. That is kind of a rip in my opinion. I know when I was in school--$5 was hard to come by and when I did happen to stumble on a few Washingtons Bull Feathers/BBC/Calico's/Humphrey's were the usual recipients.

I agree the students shouldn't have to pay $10 to get in, but it doesn't seem like anything we say on here is going to change that at all.

I think our home record shows how great the student section rocks the house and supports the team. Perhaps a little reward like free student tickets for the playoffs would be in line to get more that 50 students to show.

They only started to support the team because they got free ######. Then they realized what the hardcores have known all along.

The problem with free tickets is if students pick up the free ticket and then decide screw it I'm headed to penny pitchers instead he. If the student paid for the ticket he is more likely to use it.

I don't think were talking about picking up tickets. I think were talking about just swiping IDs as they go through the gates and then when its full its full and then you have to pay to get in as a students.

ya i agree. put it on the season ticket holders ID cards for post season. that way you reward the true fans. no one is gonna spend 130 for season tickets unless they are a true fan and plan on attending more than xavier and dayton games.

ya i agree. put it on the season ticket holders ID cards for post season. that way you reward the true fans. no one is gonna spend 130 for season tickets unless they are a true fan and plan on attending more than xavier and dayton games.

I'm sorry, but I was in college not to0 long ago and $10 is not a lot of money.

Hell, a pitcher of beer at Hump's is $7.50

Also, charging students $10 for the post season was not SLU's decision, it is a rule enforced by the CBI.

I'm sorry, but I was in college not to0 long ago and $10 is not a lot of money.

Hell, a pitcher of beer at Hump's is $7.50

Also, charging students $10 for the post season was not SLU's decision, it is a rule enforced by the CBI.

Magic, you are right its not a lot of money for hardcore Billiken/basketball fans to pay, and it shouldn't be for other students to come to the games. However for a lot of students it is even my roommate who has more money than I do. I couldn't even get him to come to the game tonight with the enticement of pizza and coupons and free merch. I think the fact is that students who don't understand that this team is at least decent and don't take pride in their school will not pay money to see them play. I really wish that wasn't the case at SLU and I think this team making the tournament next year would do wonders in getting people to games. People will stop complaining about paying and come to games.

Magic, you are right its not a lot of money for hardcore Billiken/basketball fans to pay, and it shouldn't be for other students to come to the games. However for a lot of students it is even my roommate who has more money than I do. I couldn't even get him to come to the game tonight with the enticement of pizza and coupons and free merch. I think the fact is that students who don't understand that this team is at least decent and don't take pride in their school will not pay money to see them play. I really wish that wasn't the case at SLU and I think this team making the tournament next year would do wonders in getting people to games. People will stop complaining about paying and come to games.

agreed on all points youve stated in this thread.

++++1

No doubt about it. the house is gonna be packed next year very very often. Once we start seeing a number next to the Bills name (top 25). People will come. and i agree that 10 is pretty good for a hardcore fan, but you can lie and say that free wouldnt be nice to. Im gonna pay the 10 and support. Go Bill!!!

Yeah I'm in no matter what the price is, and I agree that $10 isn't that much, but it starts to add up.....The non-hardcore fans aren't going to want to drop $50 on 5 CBI games.......It's tough, but I think I heard student season ticket prices are going down next year, so thats good..

Tuition at SLU = $34,180/ year

$30 = cost of 3 post-season conference games on-campus (no gas, parking....)

complaints about $10/ ticket = lame excuses!! :lol:

Next semester, take out another $30 on your student loans, come to the games, bring your friends and actually make memories you will fondly recall when you are my age.