just got off the phone with slu ticket office

they are changing things for monday.

first, apparently all seats will be reserved. no first come first served general admission seats.

reading between the lines, my guess is a lot of season tix holders not in gold or loyal blue were upset about newbies taking their normal seats for last night. so now all seats reserved.

second, cant pick up tickets till friday.

third the $10 seats (anything not gold or loyal blue) are now $15.

last, i got the impression that us season ticket holders are being catered to for extra tickets. which is good. we deserve it. plus the truth is we are the best salesmen they got.

my advice is dont wait till friday to line up and reserve your seats. i am sure anyone wanting to come will get seats but after friday it sounds like nothing is reserved any more.

first, apparently all seats will be reserved. no first come first served general admission seats.

reading between the lines, my guess is a lot of season tix holders not in gold or loyal blue were upset about newbies taking their normal seats for last night. so now all seats reserved.

last, i got the impression that us season ticket holders are being catered to for extra tickets. which is good. we deserve it. plus the truth is we are the best salesmen they got.

my advice is dont wait till friday to line up and reserve your seats. i am sure anyone wanting to come will get seats but after friday it sounds like nothing is reserved any more.

Roy don't read between the lines. The disapproval of season ticket it holders is not the reason they are changing things for this game. They changed things for last game due to short notice of the CBI. They had planned to revert to the old way from the beginning.

Roy don't read between the lines. The disapproval of season ticket it holders is not the reason they are changing things for this game. They changed things for last game due to short notice of the CBI. They had planned to revert to the old way from the beginning.

True story. And they are going like HOTCAKES! Step right up to watch SLU, the NIT snubbee, take on the wildly successful Akron/GB..... ;)

An email I got today states that in rounds 2 & 3 general reserved tickets are still $10 for season ticket holders but $15 for public. It is not until the championship series that all general reserved are $15

Future CBI Rounds

With the victory on Tuesday night, the Billikens will continue on in the College Basketball Invitational next Monday, March 22. The opponent will be determined by the outcome of Wednesday night’s game between Akron and Green Bay.

Those fans who have already expressed their desire for future CBI tickets will not require any further action. Once a season ticket holder has informed us they wish to purchase future CBI tickets, no additional action will be required. If you are unsure if you have reserved for future games, please send an email to [email protected] or call 314-977-1260.

All requested tickets will be available for pickup beginning Friday, March 19 at 9 a.m. Will call hours during the CBI tournament will be as follows beginning on March 19:

Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Future Dates

Should SLU continue to win in the CBI, there are four additional potential games (SLU will only play in 2 of the 3 Championship Series games).

Round 2 Monday, March 22

Round 3 Wednesday, March 24

Championship Series (Best of 3)

Game 1 Monday, March 29

Game 2 Wednesday, March 31

Game 3 Thursday, April 1, or Friday, April 2

Prices

Rounds 2 and 3

Loyal Blue and Billiken Gold: $20 each

Billiken Red and General Reserved: $10 each season ticket holders; $15 general public

Student GA: $10 each

Championship Series

Loyal Blue and Billiken Gold: $25 each

Billiken Red and General Reserved: $15 each

Student GA: $10 each

For any questions or to reserve seats, please contact the Billiken Ticket Office at 314-977-1260 or by email to [email protected].

Roy, I hate to rain on your parade but I did pick up my tickets for the next two games today and reserved my tickets for the finals if we get that far. Also, I paid $10 for each of my tickets for my same seats which are not in the loyal blue area. Not sure who you talked to but you got bad info.

maybe so but i talked to a number of folks that typically sit around me in 102 that were mad they had worst seats then they normally have.

Ok sorry they felt that way. tThey could have gotten there early and sat in their normal seats no?

i was there 45 minutes early and the seats i sit in normally in 102 were filled and you could go up about 15 rows.

luckily i took my other two tickets for last night simply because they were reserved.

while i am not a fan of billken club members carrying extra seats for other people, i am a fan of us taking care of friends and family for these single game scenarios. i already have 9 tickets sold. if we all doubled our season tickets for each of the remaining games maybe we could fill the joint.

i was there 45 minutes early and the seats i sit in normally in 102 were filled and you could go up about 15 rows.

luckily i took my other two tickets for last night simply because they were reserved.

while i am not a fan of billken club members carrying extra seats for other people, i am a fan of us taking care of friends and family for these single game scenarios. i already have 9 tickets sold. if we all doubled our season tickets for each of the remaining games maybe we could fill the joint.

I got their 5 minutes early and sat at center court in row three right in the gray section behind the scorer's table. I know I was not officially supposed to sit there but nobody cared.

Plus, why is everybody so lazy that they don't want to walk to the other side of the building from the entrance. Besides the middle sections, it was generally more empty over there anyway.

Anybody that was mad last night about not sitting in their seats are probably the type of people that just look to get mad about something. There were only 3500 people there and plenty of empty seats to go around.

I got their 5 minutes early and sat at center court in row three right in the gray section behind the scorer's table. I know I was not officially supposed to sit there but nobody cared.

Plus, why is everybody so lazy that they don't want to walk to the other side of the building from the entrance. Besides the middle sections, it was generally more empty over there anyway.

Anybody that was mad last night about not sitting in their seats are probably the type of people that just look to get mad about something. There were only 3500 people there and plenty of empty seats to go around.

i agree and disagree. for example i really enjoy sitting by the band and fairly close to the students and right across from the visitors bench. i have paid my dues to be able to sit there every game if i want. last night i got there 45 minutes early and my seats were long gone.

luckily i saw that storm coming though and settled for my lesser seats that are center court. but i would have rather been in my own seats. how soon would i have had to be there to sit in those seats? part of being a booster and billiken club member is paying a premium so you dont have to deal with those that just sit wherever they want. you are lucky the high roller's seat you sat in decided to watch from their suite above instead.

So, are they going to release the unsold Billiken Gold tickets after Friday? Or are we again going to have an arena with a gaping hole at center court?

didn't you know that gaping holes at center court was a sign of a growing program. they ought to open everything up for first come first serve for $10 each,\. Sell tickets. Hopefully get new fans at the Fetz.

didn't you know that gaping holes at center court was a sign of a growing program. they ought to open everything up for first come first serve for $10 each,\. Sell tickets. Hopefully get new fans at the Fetz.

Eastside-

Rich LaRusso just called, he told me to tell you to close your gaping hole. Are you coming down to the 100s next year?

So, are they going to release the unsold Billiken Gold tickets after Friday? Or are we again going to have an arena with a gaping hole at center court?

It will be no different then during the regular season assuming those current season tix holders buy for the CBI games.

What possible harm could there be in selling those seats for $20 first-come first-serve after Friday?

Ask the AD - other than they do not want to rile up any of those who have season tix there and that they really can not sell them until game time since technically I could walk in up to game time and buy my season tix - these are the only reasons I can think of.

That is why I got there 2 hours early, when the doors openned. Got any seat I wanted. ;)

maybe so but i talked to a number of folks that typically sit around me in 102 that were mad they had worst seats then they normally have.

I missed the first half, but the first three rows behind the TV crew were empty the entire second half.