2 points away from first place.

bsheldon

I know it is a "what if" statement, but it is interesting to think about. We have 3 conference losses--two of which were overtime losses on the road--both of which we should have won. How sweet would a win in Charlotte look now after what they have gone on to do?

Anyway, my point is: We are coming along very nicely. Lets hope we can learn quickly how to hang on to a lead and win. If we can pull out a few more games down the stretch and get hot come conference Tourney time--who knows maybe we can make some noise there. Granted we have a BRUTAL schedule the rest of the way. Finishing .500 in the remaining 8 games would be quite an accomplishment.

The team just seems to keep getting better and better. With essentially the entire team back next year and at least 2 very talented Freshman coming in, next year is looking like it is going to be real, real fun. Now lets hope we can schedule some decent OOC games early in the season to help test us early and boost our RPI for a solid positioning for the 2011 Dance.

I know it is a "what if" statement, but it is interesting to think about. We have 3 conference losses--two of which were overtime losses on the road--both of which we should have won. How sweet would a win in Charlotte look now after what they have gone on to do?

Anyway, my point is: We are coming along very nicely. Lets hope we can learn quickly how to hang on to a lead and win. If we can pull out a few more games down the stretch and get hot come conference Tourney time--who knows maybe we can make some noise there. Granted we have a BRUTAL schedule the rest of the way. Finishing .500 in the remaining 8 games would be quite an accomplishment.

The team just seems to keep getting better and better. With essentially the entire team back next year and at least 2 very talented Freshman coming in, next year is looking like it is going to be real, real fun. Now lets hope we can schedule some decent OOC games early in the season to help test us early and boost our RPI for a solid positioning for the 2011 Dance.

Great post, sheldon. Can I call you "the Landlord" like Sheldon Williams! haha anyway, you're right. If we can just chalk that Gee Dubya game up to our youth and chalk up the Charlotte loss to them having homecourt, then we're right there in the mix. Let's hope we can keep up the winning.

Of course a different way to look at our A-10 record is that we've played two blow-out games and gone 1-1. Every other game has come down the wire and we are 4-2 in those. Not bad considering we've played 5 of the 8 games on the road.

To me, there are a lot of things you need to be able to prove you can do to be a realistic shot at an at-large next year. One is beat mediocre teams on the road. For the first time in a while I feel like we can do that as we are 2-2 against mediocre A-10 teams and all have come down to the wire. If we can find a way to beat St. Joes and UMass on the road I'll feel confident about that going into next year.

The other thing you need to do is prove you can beat really good teams at home. The only really good team we've played all year at home was Richmond and we won a nail biter. We've got 4 tough tests coming up the next month and it sure would be a confidence builder to win 2 or 3 of those.

Of course a different way to look at our A-10 record is that we've played two blow-out games and gone 1-1. Every other game has come down the wire and we are 4-2 in those. Not bad considering we've played 5 of the 8 games on the road.

To me, there are a lot of things you need to be able to prove you can do to be a realistic shot at an at-large next year. One is beat mediocre teams on the road. For the first time in a while I feel like we can do that as we are 2-2 against mediocre A-10 teams and all have come down to the wire. If we can find a way to beat St. Joes and UMass on the road I'll feel confident about that going into next year.

The other thing you need to do is prove you can beat really good teams at home. The only really good team we've played all year at home was Richmond and we won a nail biter. We've got 4 tough tests coming up the next month and it sure would be a confidence builder to win 2 or 3 of those.

Just to add to this..... It is pretty good when you are as young as this team is. We have equaled our road win total from last season. We have three more chances to add to that total.

Maybe I'm "greedy," but in my daydream I have the Billikens winning all but one of the remaining games (the one at Dayton), which would put them at 12-4 and Conklin's people's elbow their way into the conference's post-season picture.

SLU has had Saint Joseph's number, even in Philly, and that's the game they were more likely to win between that and La Salle. UMass is one of the bottom feeders. Chaifetz gives the Bills a credible chance against any team in the country except for those who have a legitimate shot at the National Championship. (I'm not saying no one else can win at Chaifetz at this juncture, but the Bills can win these games against Xavier, Rhode Island, Dayton, and Temple — the team which scares me the most.)

Had Marque Per.... I mean Kwamain Mitchell not been out (for the Missouri St. game), I believe the Bills would be unblemished at Chaifetz this season (and if Ellis had been here from the beginning of the season, they probably would have won even without Mitchell). As it is, I'm hoping the Billikens have already begun a nice long home-court winning streak which won't end for a few years. Wouldn't it be nice if Ellis never loses in the building?

I hope they don't rouse me from my daydream.

Maybe I'm "greedy," but in my daydream I have the Billikens winning all but one of the remaining games (the one at Dayton), which would put them at 12-4 and Conklin's people's elbow their way into the conference's post-season picture.

SLU has had Saint Joseph's number, even in Philly, and that's the game they were more likely to win between that and La Salle. UMass is one of the bottom feeders. Chaifetz gives the Bills a credible chance against any team in the country except for those who have a legitimate shot at the National Championship. (I'm not saying no one else can win at Chaifetz at this juncture, but the Bills can win these games against Xavier, Rhode Island, Dayton, and Temple — the team which scares me the most.)

Had Marque Per.... I mean Kwamain Mitchell not been out (for the Missouri St. game), I believe the Bills would be unblemished at Chaifetz this season (and if Ellis had been here from the beginning of the season, they probably would have won even without Mitchell). As it is, I'm hoping the Billikens have already begun a nice long home-court winning streak which won't end for a few years. Wouldn't it be nice if Ellis never loses in the building?

Nothing wrong with being greedy. This team needs to learn how to be greedy. They are getting there.

Nothing wrong with being greedy. This team needs to learn how to be greedy. They are getting there.

It's not unrealistic to "what if" us being in first place at this juncture. Both the GW and Charlotte games were ours for the taking. A win at Charlotte would have been huge, since they're playing pretty well right now. St. J's is a biggie. They're down this year, but w/ Martelli at the helm still a danger. Getting the Hawk to stop flapping would be a huge confidence builder. To be 6-3 and in the thick of things would be a nice way to begin the homestand.

and Temple just got beat by almost 20 at Richmond. Put's our loss at Richmond in perspective if you believe Temple is truly a top 25 team.

JR- ????

CS-????