GW Thoughts on SLU

moytoy12

Let's just go back to Hooters anyway. $5 boneless wings + fries on Wednesdays.

we really shouldnt be talking about our old boys lunch network on the board. some will feel slighted. :P

I'm not saying I would take five players before him, but I would take Evan Turner over him.

turner is the only guy in the same ball park potentialwise imo. but even then isnt turner a junior? i cant even imagine how good wall might be as a junior.

I haven't really studied the draft and I guess I'm a sucker for size but how about Cousins-Aldridge-Hanongody somebody from Europe and Willie Reed.

Let's not get out of hand w/ WR. He is talented for sure and a very goot big man to build a program around, but he not ready for the show quite yet--he needs at least 2 more years of development, weight room, and time at the table to even be considered for the big time. That is a whole other level of size, strength and talent. WR is not on the level of those in discussion here. Again, I really like Willie and am one of his biggest fans, but lets be a bit realistic here, at least for another year or two--fingers crossed.

turner is the only guy in the same ball park potentialwise imo. but even then isnt turner a junior? i cant even imagine how good wall might be as a junior.

I wish we'd get to find out. And I think he'll go number one; I just don't think he's a LeBron or Wade type instant impact guy. We'll see. Safe to say that his one year at Kentucky will probably be erased from the record books, too.

Let's not get out of hand w/ WR. He is talented for sure and a very goot big man to build a program around, but he not ready for the show quite yet--he needs at least 2 more years of development, weight room, and time at the table to even be considered for the big time. That is a whole other level of size, strength and talent. WR is not on the level of those in discussion here. Again, I really like Willie and am one of his biggest fans, but lets be a bit realistic here, at least for another year or two--fingers crossed.

Willie was a joke.

I wish we'd get to find out. And I think he'll go number one; I just don't think he's a LeBron or Wade type instant impact guy. We'll see. Safe to say that his one year at Kentucky will probably be erased from the record books, too.

have you seen brandon jennings for the bucks play? i think he is better than jennings right now. his self confidence and leadership in taking over games is intstant impact like imo.

have you seen brandon jennings for the bucks play? i think he is better than jennings right now. his self confidence and leadership in taking over games is intstant impact like imo.

Good point about Jennings. He was one I (like most) had not anticipated would be as good as he has been. Wall also does seem to have "it," even if he doesn't have the ideal size. But I still don't think he's a guaranteed NBA star. I could see him getting stuck between the 1 and the 2 and ending up with a Marbury-like career. Maybe putting up some decent numbers, but never doing anything too spectacular.

Turner has a chance to become the first college player since Bird to average 20, 10, and 5 since Larry Bird and the first to do it in a major conference since Walton.

While Calipari's PGs haven't had success that actually counted while playing for him, you can't argue with their ability to compete at the next level. Derrick Rose is a 6'3" PG (one inch less than Wall) who is a scorer but has added a passing component to his game, and won ROY. Tyreke Evans (6'6" PG) is even more of a tweener than Wall and is excelling as a PG in the NBA, and probably will win this season's ROY. Wall has been favorably compared to each of them, even by Coach Cal himself. Just saying, he's for real. And perimeter players are more likely to develop into contributors than post players because of the relative concerns about injuries. Time will tell...