Game Thread

SLU_Nick

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome game all around. Jon Smith had some solid play. JJ and Kwamain hit some nice 3's. We looked good all around. This was probably the best game of the season for us.

Just when is Christian going to stop shooting such flat shots? He needs to put more arc in that deep shot. Tell him to make it look like the St. Louis arch.

Thanks Ru, I needed that one tonight! And so did the Bills. What's this about WR not playing?

The following is a complete guess and has no basis in reality. This is just a hunch. You have been warned.

I think maybe RM didnt like what he saw against UMKC: double team Willie and the offense shuts down except for Kwa. Teams could probably have a much better shot of beating us with that strategy.

1. Perhaps not starting Willie throws EIU off their probable game plan of shut down Willie?

2. Perhaps it makes the other guys learn how to score without him?

3. Perhaps this team was just weak up front and RM wanted to let the freshmen bigs sink or swim for a while.

4. Or perhaps Willie was a bad boy, eating Rick's pizza or some analogous behavior.

EDIT 5. Perhaps injury concerns? There were one or two times down the court where Willie hobbled a little bit, I think avoiding the left leg. Probably nothing, but could be something.

My money is on #3. They swam tonight. From what I remember (when I wasn't politely conversing with DeWayne's mom or Sweatervest on the bench) JBT and Cory held their own up front, D-ing up, getting offensive boards, and blocking shots. Thank Jeebus (Jimbofive, 2009) for some Gotdamn (see previous citation) offensive boards and get second chance shots. It was also great to see that first Smif dunk.

MLA inline citations: nice! But the proper format for a reference to the immediately previous source is "Ibid."

I apologize Thicks. Most of my recent writing and reading has been ACS Style (American Chemical Society). As for inline citations, that idea goes to 05.

I apologize Thicks. Most of my recent writing and reading has been ACS Style (American Chemical Society). As for inline citations, that idea goes to 05.

No; I apologize. I didn't realize it wasn't MLA. I guess ACS is similar, but wordier with the use of "see previous citation," as opposed to "Ibid." You taught me something tonight.

No; I apologize. I didn't realize it wasn't MLA. I guess ACS is similar, but wordier with the use of "see previous citation," as opposed to "Ibid." You taught me something tonight.

No, I apologize. I was actually going for MLA. I just make things up when I don't know what to do.

This is bullshite! I have been inline citing on the board since winter break started! WAYYY TO COPY RUNNIN'!

Look in the post! I referenced YOU! Geeez. Learn to read.