Prediction for Nebraska

SLU_Nick

But analyzing it, you have to go with the Big 12 athletes.

At Nebraska? I have seen a lot of Nebraska teams play over the years, and athleticism is hardly their hallmark. The Billikens will likely have the better athletes on the floor tonight. The bigger concern is who will have the better outside shooters.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Huskers have it listed on their site, as of today, so that's a good sign. I also found it listed in ESPN's MediaZone (for media professionals), so another good sign. Also just found out that you can listen to a FREE live radio stream, but it will be through Nebraska, so you will have to listen to their commentators.

And don't forget that locally, it will be on FSBillikens, I mean FSN Midwest.

You can also listen to a live stream on the Billiken Station 101.1

I pretty much can't bet against SLU. We win 55-51.

Nebraska's leading scorer in their first game was Lance Jeter. He didn't play the last two years, but he's a junior. 17 pts on 6-7 shooting, 3 for 3 from three and six assists. His Achilles Heel®? He's a fat f@!%. 6'2" 230. Won't be quick enough and KM and JJ will lock his fat ass up. Never seen the guy, so he might be a gotdamn tailback in high tops, but I'm betting he's a fat f@!%. Their big dudes are foreigners so maybe they'll screw up because they're foreigners. KM leads w/ 19 in this one. GO BILLS.

Sh!t. He's a gotdamn tailback in high tops.

This is actually a great video, shows what we're up against pretty well. Jeter, Richardson, Anderson and Jones look pretty good. However, Ubel shoots like a cross between a bow-legged girl and that slow waterboy that was hotter than a pistol. So that's a plus.

They had just beat St Johns. not exactly a strong opponent.

I guess I should have said a "name" opponent. To BC, we are Kennesaw State. St. Johns has a "brand", a Big East team, and we do not... later in the yr BC beat both "name" and "strong" opponents.

The thing that tells me we could win is the betting line is opened at Nebraska - 1.

Nationawide bettors look at at Big 12 team vs SLU and jump on Neb, it is now Nebraska - 2.

If bookmakers thought Nebraska was better team, it would have opened at Neb - 4 or -5.

On that basis, we might win... we shall see.

Hope the Bills win.

But analyzing it, you have to go with the Big 12 athletes. Nebraska is young, too, but has two 6'10' types.

I like RM but can anyone tell me a game when he clearly stole a game with his x's and o's?

RE BC, I was at BC game and they had just beat a strong opponent a few days before and took the Bills lightly. Their star guard (cannot remember his name) shot something like 3-16. Bills did not show a lot of "O" against SEMO, does not bode well for an opponent like this...

Nebraska 66, Bills 57.

Believe you are abit too hard on SLU and RM. Give RM a chance this year and next with the x's and o's. X's and o's still need good kids to run the plays. While I applaud and appreciate the valliant efforts of guys like oxygen-tank-needing BH, undersized power-forward LM, walk-on PE and one-legged Danny Brown, to expect RM to "steal" a game with them is unrealistic. At the same time, I could respond that we won half our games that year and therefore we probably "stole" most of those wins with those guys.

Last year, we again won half our games with a freshman PG and stable full of other Frosh. Teams keyed on KL (and some on TL) and there was little left to use for the x's and o's. Still, we had some very good games -- BC for one -- and some good games in the conference. I'd consider the BC to have been a game RM "stole" and maybe some of the other games - Dayton, etc. Got to give some credit to any defense (SLU) which gameplans to cause the opponent's best shooter to go 3-16 from the floor. I think it is more likely that RM employed certain x's and o's to shut him down than simply he had a bad game and that BC considered SLU to be a noname and thereby take us lightly.

With only Frosh and Sophs, this year will be tough as well. Any good wins with a collection of Frosh and Sophs could also be considered to be a game that RM steals. What I notice, and where real game-day college coaching makes a difference, is how teams do coming out at the start of the second half and/or from time-out. I have seen our Bills do quite well in these circumstances. Yes, these moments are not always enough to steal the whole game but RM, IMO, is very good on the sidelines.

Hope the Bills win.

But analyzing it, you have to go with the Big 12 athletes. Nebraska is young, too, but has two 6'10' types.

I like RM but can anyone tell me a game when he clearly stole a game with his x's and o's?

RE BC, I was at BC game and they had just beat a strong opponent a few days before and took the Bills lightly. Their star guard (cannot remember his name) shot something like 3-16. Bills did not show a lot of "O" against SEMO, does not bode well for an opponent like this...

Nebraska 66, Bills 57.

Not so impressed with the "Big 12 athletes". The Bills looked like the quicker, more athletic team. They had nobody who could guard Kwamain, and Willie and even John Smith made them look silly swatting and altering a number of shots. Their bigs were a lot slower than ours.

In a game that gives us false hope, the Bills win 60-52 behind 23 from KM.

Looks like I was as close as anyone on the prediction front. Nebraska is a bad team(picked 11 out of 12 in the Big 12). I'm not sure why people on here doubted that our Bills could beat them in our own building. Have a little more faith in our boys.