Sign Ideas?

Well, the SignGuy is getting some work in this week. My aunt and uncle are bringing the Signs from STL to Cincy for me, and I am going to have some blank pieces of foamboard. So sign ideas guys?

I am hoping to get one for Tom and Reggie. But any ideas for Memphis? Somehow I think we should make fun of them for not leaving C-USA.

I am planning to do and Izik & Ian Foreign Sensation sign.

Any other ideas?

Steve

I wasn't trying to make an a-hole comment and no doubt he's put in a ton of time to this site, but he passed on SLU to attend another school and loyalty should first be with his school. When I passed on Michigan State (my hometown school I grew up with) for MU then SLU those schools moved ahead of MSU and I attend the CUSA tourney to cheer on the schools I attend/attended. I have no doubt where my loyalty lies should either MU or SLU play MSU.

no offense law, but under that reasoning, shouldnt slu now be your first allegiance since you are currently a slu student? when someone is as passionate about something as steve has been for so long with the billikens and billikens.com, he cant just shut that off. you are proof of that with your marquette first thinking.

... out of the car as we pass (and stop) through Dayton. Or he can choose that option if he so desires. I think his desires still lie with us, however.

I think it will get tougher and tougher as time moves on and the years pass by. Then again, maybe not.

"loyalty should first be with his school" - BLaw

Law is there an unwritten rule about this? What do you mean "should"? Should somebody who lives in the metro area who may not have attended SLU vote for Mizzou because that's where some tax dollars go? Should Missouri residents vote for Mizzou and not Illinois and vice-versa? Should somebody that lived in Green Bay that now lives in St. Louis, automatically be a Rams fan and not a Packers fan? I think everybody has their own reasons why they are a fan of a team and why they support them. What is this "should" stuff? Just curious to your thinking.

If SLU gets knocked out first round (god forbid). I may make the trek up to Dayton to see GW play at 2. But my loyalties lie with SLU.

I have been a SLU fan since the 5th Grade. You can't give fandom like that up.

Cheesycow actually made a great arguement about this topic to our friend Grant. He defended me in saying that "Just because you leave St. Louis, does that mean you don't root for the Cardinals?" I think many St. Louis natives say that the Cardinals are their team, no matter where they live.

I attended a fair amount of GW Games this year, don't you worry. But I didn't get anywhere close to my passion for SLU until the last game (and that was in the last couple of minutes). One of my friends at GW commented: "Wow, the true college basketball fan of Steve comes out. (I was yelling Foul pretty loud b/c GW should have been fouling earlier in that last minute against Richmond) Meanwhile other student fans were filtering out"

My true loyalties will be tested in 2006. GW vs. SLU. I cannot wait for that game.

Steve

Thought i would tell a brief story about a couple of signs we made while i was going to school at SLU. Cincy or UC (remember this abbreviation) if you prefer, came to SLU for an espn2 nationally televised game in the late nineties. So, as one of the many "get me on television" signs we had the following:

Egg

Sandwich

Please

Nurse

Yes, dumb but darn funny when you are drunk.

The second one still holds a special place in our hearts as adament UC haters. It's brilliance lies in simplicity. The letters were outlined, with only the UC filled in, in black:

F * C K

So...you have that word, with the UC filled in, it was great to have the entire student section going with this sign. My only regret was that i didn't have the opportunity that you have...TO HOLD THIS SIGN UP ON THEIR HOME COURT!!! Man, now that's an opportunity!

I have held up signs on opposing teams home court. My favorite was Mizzou. One sign got Stolen (but the Antlers got it back for me). And another one got torn up by a Mizzou fan.

But I must admit, it is fun to taunt the opposing teams.

One game at SLU, some opposing fan trying to out do me with signs (He actually said he had more than me...He did not see my collection). Well, he waved one, I waved one. And so on. But I destroyed him. Last year I brought a good 20+ signs a game. I am down to about 8-10 now. But, I think I am justified with 8-10.

Steve

Hey Slusignguy,

Forgive me but I haven't been on the board long. Are you the guy that made the same signs back in the 90's? Specifically, there was a guy who made some really artistic looking signs that almost looked like they were done by a professional artist, etc... Just wondering.

Steve Sign Guy .. does your family have a vested interest in the university .. did one of your parents go there? .. bro? .. sis?

or is it just something you picked up?

some weird sign idea's:

"Billiken Madness" .. draw a billiken with a foaming mouth ..

"What! A Billiken's not a Hobbit?"

"You've been Vouyoukased" .. if Ian scores ..

I grew up near KC, and I now live in KC. SLU is definitely my #1 basketball love, although UMKC is growing to be a very strong #2.

Does anybody know how to find out what bars have ESPN Full Court? The establishment I filtered into tonight had many games on, but told me they couldn't get the SLU game. I need to find a place to find the SLU-Memphis game tomorrow.

Come to think of it, I'll be in Chicago tomorrow night, but the question still stands.