Who likes restaurants more?

OC

I mean I do love me some Pappy's...but I keep it strictly bbq.

Will the find people of Lou-uh-ville stand by their man? I assume so.

Does it make me weird that I'm curious what restaurant this happened in?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OC. Since you brought up both of the guys names, and since the Board is so quiet, I am at least pleased that while RM likes to needlessly open his mouth and support candidates who favor abortion rights, at least he doesn't pay for abortions like his colleague, Mr. Pitino. :(

I think it was in the Chilis parking like...just like Michael Scott.

sure doesnt speak well for the administration of louisville to allow him to continue as their coach without some sort of punishment (he should be fired). regardless of whether it was rape or not (one has to laugh when the woman claims it happened twice in two weeks. i would think most women if raped, they would take some sort of steps to distance themselves from the offender thereafter), doesnt appear he is even denying a tryst of some sort existed.

sure doesnt speak well for the administration of louisville to allow him to continue as their coach without some sort of punishment (he should be fired). regardless of whether it was rape or not (one has to laugh when the woman claims it happened twice in two weeks. i would think most women if raped, they would take some sort of steps to distance themselves from the offender thereafter), doesnt appear he is even denying a tryst of some sort existed.

Yeah, I had to laugh at the double rape. Not because a double rape is double funny, but because it's double unpossible. What a double dumb chick. She should count herself lucky; if I was Pitino, I would only slam 19-year-olds. And at least she didn't do a dead guy in the bathroom.

This is win/win for Pitino. Even if he gets fired he can BUY BACK THE QUIKSTOP AND RUN IT HIMSELF. THAT'S WHAT I'D DO.

Best empty frontal dance scene EVER. God bless tank tops.

Best empty frontal dance scene EVER. God bless tank tops.

also one of the best bachelor party scenes in movie history definitely a LOL

also one of the best bachelor party scenes in movie history definitely a LOL

AND best use of the exorcist-themed music (pillowpants). a tremendous homage to silence of the lambs (ze TuckBack®) as well. all in all, a worthy sequel.

AND best use of the exorcist-themed music (pillowpants). a tremendous homage to silence of the lambs (ze TuckBack®) as well. all in all, a worthy sequel.

both of the "clerks" movies are very underated imo.

He should be fired for having an affair?

well coming from a mi$$ouri fan that likely defended quinn to the end, it shouldnt surprise me you question the need for pitino or any coach to not embarrass their school.

So he should be fired for having an affair? It's not like he robbed a bank. :(

yes he should be fired and i wouldnt support anyone that robbed a bank either.

yes he should be fired and i wouldnt support anyone that robbed a bank either.

On what grounds could you fire him? He probably has some clause in his contract that allows the school to fire him under certain circumstances, but how does this situation qualify right now? He hasn't been charged with a crime and most likely won't be. It looks like he's guilty of being a bad husband, nothing more. You couldn't fire him without having to pay out the rest of his contract.

Should everyone in the world who is a bad spouse lose his or her job?

On what grounds could you fire him? He probably has some clause in his contract that allows the school to fire him under certain circumstances, but how does this situation qualify right now? He hasn't been charged with a crime and most likely won't be. It looks like he's guilty of being a bad husband, nothing more. You couldn't fire him without having to pay out the rest of his contract.

Should everyone in the world who is a bad spouse lose his or her job?

According to SI he has a morals clause in his contract and can be fired for personal actions that bring bad pub to the school.

According to SI he has a morals clause in his contract and can be fired for personal actions that bring bad pub to the school.

footes, it has always been my understanding that it is common for all coaches to have the "morals clause" in their contract.

footes, it has always been my understanding that it is common for all coaches to have the "morals clause" in their contract.

"Morals" clauses are open to interpretation, especially when the person will most likely not be charged with a crime. I'm not saying that Pitino is a good guy here, but would you fire Pitino if he didn't honor his mother and father? If you want to live in a theocracy, move to the Taliban-controlled parts of Afganistan or Pakistan.

IMO being a bad spouse doesn't warrant job loss. Let Pitino's wife and kids sort this out.

"Morals" clauses are open to interpretation, especially when the person will most likely not be charged with a crime. I'm not saying that Pitino is a good guy here, but would you fire Pitino if he didn't honor his mother and father? If you want to live in a theocracy, move to the Taliban-controlled parts of Afganistan or Pakistan.

IMO being a bad spouse doesn't warrant job loss. Let Pitino's wife and kids sort this out.

Well played.

Footes. Going a little far with the theocracy and Taliban comments aren't you?

The short answer is that schools, just like people, have certain ethical and moral standards. When breached, some people and schools are more concerned about these standards and the proper atmosphere for young adults -- typically ages 18 - 22 -- and will then get rid of the person responsible. If this was not possibly the winningest and most successful college basketball head coaches, there would not be the same amount of press coverage but still Pitino would be gone under the morals clause of his contract. Because it is Pitino, my guess is that Louisville will look the other way and give their head coach a pass on the grounds that nothing illegal has taken place. Theocracies and the Taliban turned their moral codes into laws. No one is advocating that we criminalize bad behavior. Actually, the NCAA and Louisville really don't need to anything since no law has been broken. Instead, IF and only if, Louisville and their supporters are more concerned with ethical and moral standards for probably the visible figure of their school, Pitino will be gone. If Louisville and their supporters are more concerned about wins and losses, Pitino will stay.

The short answer is that schools, just like people, have certain ethical and moral standards. When breached, some people and schools are more concerned about these standards and the proper atmosphere for young adults -- typically ages 18 - 22 -- and will then get rid of the person responsible. If this was not possibly the winningest and most successful college basketball head coaches, there would not be the same amount of press coverage but still Pitino would be gone under the morals clause of his contract. Because it is Pitino, my guess is that Louisville will look the other way and give their head coach a pass on the grounds that nothing illegal has taken place. Theocracies and the Taliban turned their moral codes into laws. No one is advocating that we criminalize bad behavior. Actually, the NCAA and Louisville really don't need to anything since no law has been broken. Instead, IF and only if, Louisville and their supporters are more concerned with ethical and moral standards for probably the visible figure of their school, Pitino will be gone. If Louisville and their supporters are more concerned about wins and losses, Pitino will stay.

You seem to know quite a bit about the "morals" clause in Pitino's contract. I'm sure you carefully reviewed it before making the post, so why don't you post a link to his contract so we can all see it? ;) Also you're presuming to know how the University of Louisville would behave if this were another, lesser-known coach. Who in their administration has told you this? Your presenting speculation as fact is going a little far...don't you think? ;)

Obiously different schools will have different standards. Baylor would probably fire it's coach, but then you'd know that going into the job.

Where do you draw the line on "moral" behavior? Should an unmarried coach be fired for spending the night with a woman? That could set a bad example for his players. When Pee Wee Lenard played for SLU, he had 2 or 3 kids and was unmarried. Should he have been allowed to play. That might have had a bad influence on his teammates. Should RM be frired for stating that he's pro-choice?

I take it from your post that you feel being a bad spouse is grounds for dismissal. Should schools ban teachers who are divorced? That teacher might have done something "immoral". You can't be too sure. :P

I think this is a matter for the Pitino family to resolve. BTW, as I've posted on here already, I'm no Pitino fan. I'm happy to see the little dwarf look like a fool.

It doesn't have to be an either/or scenario. They could actually care about ethical and moral standards and deem this isn't severe enough of an offense to warrant firing. If every company fired every person who committed adultry, we'd be at 40-50% unemployment. Using the same guidelines other ethical and moral companies wouldn't be able to hire him either.

Footes. It is widely being reported that Pitino has a morals clause in his contract. Have I read it? No, I never said I did. Is that now the standard before anyone can post on this Board?

Second, I never said anything about an assistant coach. Had this been a typical college professor or administrator at most schools, he'd be fired. If you diagree, then fine. As I mentioned, Pitino is not your typcial university employee.

Third, why the slam on Baylor?

Fourth, Pitino apparently did alot more than "spend the nigh with a woman" not his wife. Sex, twice in one week, on a restaurant table amid accusations that she was raped, and amid extortion threats and then paying $3,000 for an abortion is going a little beyond not being faithful to his wife. As this case goes on, I would not be surprised to find even more lurid details and/or accusations - true or not.

Fifth, no, I am not suggesting at all that every employee who does anything "bad" should be fired. Your comments are ridiculous. Apprantly, you think these accusations the negativity are equivalent to a professor getting divorced or an employee having a child out-of-wedlock. LOL

You seem to know quite a bit about the "morals" clause in Pitino's contract. I'm sure you carefully reviewed it before making the post, so why don't you post a link to his contract so we can all see it? ;) Also you're presuming to know how the University of Louisville would behave if this were another, lesser-known coach. Who in their administration has told you this? Your presenting speculation as fact is going a little far...don't you think? ;)

Obiously different schools will have different standards. Baylor would probably fire it's coach, but then you'd know that going into the job.

Where do you draw the line on "moral" behavior? Should an unmarried coach be fired for spending the night with a woman? That could set a bad example for his players. When Pee Wee Lenard played for SLU, he had 2 or 3 kids and was unmarried. Should he have been allowed to play. That might have had a bad influence on his teammates. Should RM be frired for stating that he's pro-choice?

I take it from your post that you feel being a bad spouse is grounds for dismissal. Should schools ban teachers who are divorced? That teacher might have done something "immoral". You can't be too sure. :P

I think this is a matter for the Pitino family to resolve. BTW, as I've posted on here already, I'm no Pitino fan. I'm happy to see the little dwarf look like a fool.

Had this been a typical college professor or administrator at most schools, he'd be fired.

Say again? Your typical professor gets fired for cheating their spouse?

And I'm not defending Footes but why did you think he was slamming Baylor. I took his comment to mean that if you're hired by Baylor you're probably held to a stricter moral code then and other places but you know that when you get hired because, well it's BAYLOR.

Footes. It is widely being reported that Pitino has a morals clause in his contract. Have I read it? No, I never said I did. Is that now the standard before anyone can post on this Board?

Second, I never said anything about an assistant coach. Had this been a typical college professor or administrator at most schools, he'd be fired. If you diagree, then fine. As I mentioned, Pitino is not your typcial university employee.

Third, why the slam on Baylor?

Fourth, Pitino apparently did alot more than "spend the nigh with a woman" not his wife. Sex, twice in one week, on a restaurant table amid accusations that she was raped, and amid extortion threats and then paying $3,000 for an abortion is going a little beyond not being faithful to his wife. As this case goes on, I would not be surprised to find even more lurid details and/or accusations - true or not.

Fifth, no, I am not suggesting at all that every employee who does anything "bad" should be fired. Your comments are ridiculous. Apprantly, you think these accusations the negativity are equivalent to a professor getting divorced or an employee having a child out-of-wedlock. LOL

1. It's certainly not required. You cited it as a reason why he should be fired. I don't think many people have actually read it, so using something that we don't know much about as a reason for dismissal is a litle hard to do. I'm not really pointing a finger at you here, all of the media is doing this.

2. How do you know a college professor would be fired for this? You're speculating.

3. Not a slam on Baylor. They're known for being pretty straight-laced. I could have said BYU, Principia, etc. Just an example.

4. So he should get fired because someone was trying to extort money from him? Oooh, lurid deatils that may or may not be true! He should get fired because of untrue lurid details? LMAO!!!!!

5. Of course I'm exaggerating my comments here to prove a point. Everyone's definition of what's morally correct is different. Where do you draw the line? You and roy seem to think that he should be fired, but you guys aren't the world's morality police. You seem worried about the example being set for 18-22 year olds, but you're saying that it's okay to have children out of wedlock. Like anybody, you seem to be using your own personal values to judge someone else. I agree that Pitino is a creep, I just disagree that this is a hanging offese in terms of his profession.