Basketball anyone?

bauman

It appears that the members of this Board are seeing just how long we can go without any post related to basketball, in general, and more importantly, Billiken basketball.

I thought I would be able to make a post with some info on how the players looked when I went down to the Fetz last week. Unfortunately, a young lady who works there asked me what I was doing and when I told her I was a season ticket holder and I just wanted to watch the team work out for a few minutes. (I was high above the practice courts, in the concourse surrounding the main floor-no one was within 50 feet of me.) Too bad for me-she asked me to leave saying that they were setting up for an event in the main arena. I just said ok and left but I clearly was not anywhere near any activity or in the way of where any activity be taking place. Oh well.

It appears that the members of this Board are seeing just how long we can go without any post related to basketball, in general, and more importantly, Billiken basketball.

I thought I would be able to make a post with some info on how the players looked when I went down to the Fetz last week. Unfortunately, a young lady who works there asked me what I was doing and when I told her I was a season ticket holder and I just wanted to watch the team work out for a few minutes. (I was high above the practice courts, in the concourse surrounding the main floor-no one was within 50 feet of me.) Too bad for me-she asked me to leave saying that they were setting up for an event in the main arena. I just said ok and left but I clearly was not anywhere near any activity or in the way of where any activity be taking place. Oh well.

How can we talk about basketball? This is a football town. Every day I open up my sports page to read about Missouri football, You would think they are playing for a national championship with the coverage they are getting. Seriously I don't remember being bombarded like this in the past.

Guest BillikenReport

Not much happening right now until the players come back to campus in the next week or so.

Caught up with one of Christians`s close friends last night at B/Ball and he tells me Christian will be at SLU on Tuesday ,he also tells me Christian went back early to the AIS to get some extra practice in and play a couple of more games for the AIS team , last night put up 20+ against the touring Vandebilt team. i imagine he will be fully fit and ready to go once he gets to SLU.

Caught up with one of Christians`s close friends last night at B/Ball and he tells me Christian will be at SLU on Tuesday ,he also tells me Christian went back early to the AIS to get some extra practice in and play a couple of more games for the AIS team , last night put up 20+ against the touring Vandebilt team. i imagine he will be fully fit and ready to go once he gets to SLU.

Thank you. I needed that.

Regarding Christian, I had the impression that although he appears to have a nice shot, he was a player regarded more for the other parts of the game rather than scoring. However, my opinion could just be a function of seeing the scores and highlights from the recent international games, where he is on a team that is full of players that like to put it up. He does appear to have a nice shot. Do you think he is going to be able to come in here and be a shooting threat - someone to keep the defense extended? I am not expecting him to create his own scoring opportunities, but can he step in and be a spot-up shooter along with being a good defender and ballhandler? That is something that SLU will need this year with Kevin leaving.

Any word on Cody's eligibility? Thanks for all your input from down under.

-blinky, thanks man (or woman)

-we'll try to keep you up to date on the doings of your boys up here

-we really need a couple of students to post, or maybe doc can help in that regard

-i hope whoever (slu, a10, cbs, whoever) has their ###### together so you and the world can get every game live on the web and replays at your leisure

How can we talk about basketball? This is a football town. Every day I open up my sports page to read about Missouri football, You would think they are playing for a national championship with the coverage they are getting. Seriously I don't remember being bombarded like this in the past.

I hear you. With so much going on in college hoops right now and football still 2 weeks away, there should be about 10 articles a day in the post.