Department Stability?

AD for Business and Finance, Bill Thomas departs, Mark Wright "relieved of his duties", Chris May interviews for the Houston position, and now it's rumored Kosha Irby is leaving as well; all in the same year? I was under the impression successful businesses achieved stability within the ranks. I understand folks will leave on occasion for better opportunities, but this seems like a mass exodus! It would be intersting to know what the fuel is that makes this fire burn hot!

On one hand, we are the graveyard for coaches. On the other, we train AD's rather well (So. Florida, Maryland, Georgia State and maybe Houston). That was said tongue-in-cheek. With all that Biondi invested in Chaifetz and the head coach, I am near certain there is something to be said for that. We are a "one program" school. In thinking of other, similar schools, I can think of Gonzaga, Xavier, Bradley, Creighton, Marquette and DePaul to name a few. I don't know who their ADs are and don't know that that matters.

On one hand, we are the graveyard for coaches. On the other, we train AD's rather well (So. Florida, Maryland, Georgia State and maybe Houston). That was said tongue-in-cheek. With all that Biondi invested in Chaifetz and the head coach, I am near certain there is something to be said for that. We are a "one program" school. In thinking of other, similar schools, I can think of Gonzaga, Xavier, Bradley, Creighton, Marquette and DePaul to name a few. I don't know who their ADs are and don't know that that matters.

Chris May has an application in to join the MAC; I guess RM needs a swim buddy. Doesn't sound like anything except a guy trying on suits to see which one fits

Chris May has an application in to join the MAC; I guess RM needs a swim buddy. Doesn't sound like anything except a guy trying on suits to see which one fits

Are you saying that May wants us to join the MAC rather than the A10 or he has applied to be an AD at a MAC school?

Also, until we hire an AD that does not come from a football school we will continue to have this merry go round with ADs. Cheryl was happy here until she ran into the Brad issue with Biondi. Funny when I talked with May last year he was looking for a long stay for stability for his family but who knows he could have just been shooting me a line. Wright was a tool so his loss is no big deal. Irby was brought back into the fold by Cheryl so his going to join her is not surprising. The business guy - I did not know him so no thoughts on his leaving.

Are you saying that May wants us to join the MAC rather than the A10 or he has applied to be an AD at a MAC school?

Also, until we hire an AD that does not come from a football school we will continue to have this merry go round with ADs. Cheryl was happy here until she ran into the Brad issue with Biondi. Funny when I talked with May last year he was looking for a long stay for stability for his family but who knows he could have just been shooting me a line. Wright was a tool so his loss is no big deal. Irby was brought back into the fold by Cheryl so his going to join her is not surprising. The business guy - I did not know him so no thoughts on his leaving.

MAC= Missouri Athletic Club.

AD for Business and Finance, Bill Thomas departs, Mark Wright "relieved of his duties", Chris May interviews for the Houston position, and now it's rumored Kosha Irby is leaving as well; all in the same year? I was under the impression successful businesses achieved stability within the ranks. I understand folks will leave on occasion for better opportunities, but this seems like a mass exodus! It would be intersting to know what the fuel is that makes this fire burn hot!

Bill Thomas left SLU because his fiancee found a great job opportunity in Chicago. He went to Chicago to follow her, not because of any ill will toward SLU.

I know for a fact he enjoyed his time at SLU. He was actually Director of Ticket Sales at SLU for a number of years in the late 90's before going to the Rams in a similar position. He enjoyed his time so much at SLU that he came back to take the Assoc. AD position.

Kosha leaving not a rumor. He's headed to Georgia State to join Cheryl Levick.

Sorry to see him go (again). Best of luck to him. Was always a nice guy to me (all the way back to the Woolard years).

Cheese gave you a partial answer: I assumed everyone new RM owes his fine toned physique to daily swimming at the MAC downtown St. Louis

The Missiouri Athletic Club sponsors the collegiate male and female soccer "player of the year" the Herman Trophy and has about 4500 members

also has a West County facility for swim and tennis-doubt RM gets out there unless a recruit would like to eat pizza and sausages