Houston interviewing Chris May for Ad position

volfan

Look what happend with Cheryl, she did not want to fire Brad and he went over her head a fired him anyway.

Not trying to split hairs, but I am not sure Cheryl refused to fire Brad. I cannot imagine CL saying "No" if Fr. Biondi told CL to fire Brad. Instead, I believe that CL has patient with Brad whom she thought was the best for the SLU program as it then existed. Had she known that Fr. Biondi would be willing to triple the pay scale, hire a big name coach/ego, pay assistant coaches/strength coaches/academic advisors/fly on charter planes, etc., then she would not have been so loyal to Brad. Instead, I think Fr. Biondi completely went over her head and did what he thought was best for SLU. In hindsight, he was probably correct.

Also, there is no indication that AD May is going anywhere. Interviewing is common. At a minium, AD May cannot be surprised by the situation at SLU in that everyone knew what Fr. Biondi did with respect to CL and everyone knew that RM was already in place and that he would most likely have to report to RM.

Not trying to split hairs, but I am not sure Cheryl refused to fire Brad. I cannot imagine CL saying "No" if Fr. Biondi told CL to fire Brad. Instead, I believe that CL has patient with Brad whom she thought was the best for the SLU program as it then existed. Had she known that Fr. Biondi would be willing to triple the pay scale, hire a big name coach/ego, pay assistant coaches/strength coaches/academic advisors/fly on charter planes, etc., then she would not have been so loyal to Brad. Instead, I think Fr. Biondi completely went over her head and did what he thought was best for SLU. In hindsight, he was probably correct.

Also, there is no indication that AD May is going anywhere. Interviewing is common. At a minium, AD May cannot be surprised by the situation at SLU in that everyone knew what Fr. Biondi did with respect to CL and everyone knew that RM was already in place and that he would most likely have to report to RM.

I don't blame May for interviewing. Schools with football typicallyhabigger budgets and more money to pay ADs. May would most likely never be able get an AD position at a top school without overseeing a football program.

Look what happend with Cheryl, she did not want to fire Brad and he went over her head a fired him anyway.

-the rooster controls the barnyard, Fr B is the biggest (only?) rooster at SLU, so unless the Board of Trustees says otherwise, his take on any situation is the one that counts

-now, there are many different ways he can make his take be the one that counts and perhaps that is where the issue sits

-almost everyone has a boss, a superior, someone/something they report to

I don't know whether Chris May is happy at SLU or not. One thing is for sure, however; an athletic program with division 1 football is a huge step up for any athletic director. Houston is school with some tradition in both football and basketball.

I saw Houston v. USAF in last years Armed Forces Bowl. Their band is really bad. They have decent football and had some bball tradition. It would be a short stay for May but such is the state of affairs these days.

I am also a big Auburn fan their message boards constantly b&^ch about the President and AD. They are much meaner than we are but it is the same stuff so-n-so really isn't in charge, so-n-so is an idiot. However, AU also has the added intrigue of X booster is really calling the shots.

Me I don't care who is in charge just win and don't cheat.

Maybe CM doesn't like working FOR the MBB HC instead of the other way around.

I could be wrong, but at the time I was under the impression that May was picked or at least strongly endorsed by Majerus. May came from Colorado and if we wants to return to a football school fine, but I am not sure I would pin that on Majerus. Houston is a huge school with a big athletic department. It has some potential. Unless you have some inside info, your speculation smacks of B.S. I don't think a high profile coach having more pull than an AD is all that uncommon.

I could be wrong, but at the time I was under the impression that May was picked or at least strongly endorsed by Majerus. May came from Colorado and if we wants to return to a football school fine, but I am not sure I would pin that on Majerus. Houston is a huge school with a big athletic department. It has some potential. Unless you have some inside info, your speculation smacks of B.S. I don't think a high profile coach having more pull than an AD is all that uncommon.

Please, w/o looking, give me the AD's names at the following schools: UNC, Duke, Florida, LSU etc Now give me the names of their BB and FB head coaches. And you think these guys report to a bunch of no names?

don't know if this has been reported on here or not; but ...

Joe Weixlmann, Provost at SLU, is stepping down, as of the end of the month.

Joe reports directly to Fr. B. and Chris May reports directly to Joe W. The Provost's office basically oversees EVERYTHING at SLU, including the AD. Joe's departure was reported on Newslink last week or so, which is when the faculty heard about it, so this is not exactly breaking news.

I will not opine and/or speculate about any of this publicly, sorry; can't wait to hear what some of our illustrious opinion-makers on here have to say about it....

don't know if this has been reported on here or not; but ...

Joe Weixlmann, Provost at SLU, is stepping down, as of the end of the month.

Joe reports directly to Fr. B. and Chris May reports directly to Joe W. The Provost's office basically oversees EVERYTHING at SLU, including the AD. Joe's departure was reported on Newslink last week or so, which is when the faculty heard about it, so this is not exactly breaking news.

I will not opine and/or speculate about any of this publicly, sorry; can't wait to hear what some of our illustrious opinion-makers on here have to say about it....

I saw that on STLToday - interesting and surprising.