Hello, Hello, anybody out there?

Is everyone on vacation? The last post was at 7:51 A.M. telling Hawk his link wouldn't work. (I guess there are worse things to not work!)

the only active thread recently was under a title dealing with CMA of State U. Geez, not even an old reliable King Slaten drunk on the job drew much interest. Seems the only way to get a thread going is to insult someone.

By the way, if you really want to know what caused the Queen to abandon his show mid-stream due to the effects of a substance abuse, ask Mr. Personality about his girl friend dumping all over him. Seems that she decided to get rid of him before she became his next abuse victim and the Queen couldn't live without her. Just ask him. I'm sure he'll own up to the truth!

What amazes me about him and his "show" is that any respected local sports or media personality ever agrees to come on it. I try to listen to him for 15 minutes each week just to get a feel for who still calls in to the show. It's quite a crew or should I say a flock.

Its the slow season for Billiken world. May be slower than normal, since I think this is the first time since Spoonhour that all of the scholarships are being used. Add to that, we have no seniors...So no open scholarships for the fall.

Its the slow season for Billiken world. May be slower than normal, since I think this is the first time since Spoonhour that all of the scholarships are being used. Add to that, we have no seniors...So no open scholarships for the fall.

I think SignGuy's hit the nail on the head. Usually, we're speculating on recruits. Romar's kids from the WC, or Brad's latest last minute finds of practice players. Sure it will all heat up again around Sept.

Guest BillikenReport

One "open" scholarship for the fall: Eckerle's.

Guest BillikenReport

Is this a done deal or just speculation on your part?

The coaches will try to use that scholarship to bring in someone.

The coaches will try to use that scholarship to bring in someone.

This only makes sense - no one should have ever thought that PE was going to be able to play 4 years - besides, he may very well be ready to enter med school after his junior year. It is not unusual for that to happen if he is in the fast track program.

Did anyone hear everyone's favorite journalist, Andy Strickland, report that TL was in summer school finishing up his degree?

i heard tommie was in an international interpretative dance program. i also heard he was in the american civil war. strickland also reports that tommie might be stuck in a chrono-synclastic infundibulum with winston niles mumfoord and his dog, kazak.

Did anyone hear everyone's favorite journalist, Andy Strickland, report that TL was in summer school finishing up his degree?

i avoid any station that andy strickland might be afforded air time. i would not put much stock in anything he says as about 10% seems to be true. how he is employed is a mystery of the universe imo.

nice to hear a reference to KV on here (SIRENS). YOU GO, JIMBO!

(btw, it's Rumfoord, I believe, not mumfoord)

I saw Tommie recently and he assured me he was planning to graduate. He was saying he might try to play in Europe a year or 2.

Best wishes to Tommie III.

the KV reference was enough to break my growing silence and offer my monthly post (talk to y'all again in July). I'm sure I'm not missed, except by those making vague literary references a la Jimbo, or those enthused by my whimsical vocabularic flair for the paranormal gerund, etc...

Porter Moser was on Cusamano's show this morning. He said TL was going to summer school and was finishing his degree. Moser said Lisch and Liddell were going to try and play professional somewhere and both were working hard in the gym. And Barry was going to finish his degree (has another semester left I believe) and will then try and pursue a professional career- he commended him for that. I caught the interview late and that is about all I heard.

nice to hear a reference to KV on here (SIRENS). YOU GO, JIMBO!

(btw, it's Rumfoord, I believe, not mumfoord)

I saw Tommie recently and he assured me he was planning to graduate. He was saying he might try to play in Europe a year or 2.

Best wishes to Tommie III.

the KV reference was enough to break my growing silence and offer my monthly post (talk to y'all again in July). I'm sure I'm not missed, except by those making vague literary references a la Jimbo, or those enthused by my whimsical vocabularic flair for the paranormal gerund, etc...

ha! you are correct, i went back and checked, it's rumfoord. i started galapagos today and was reminded of sirens almost immediately when speculation as to tl3's whereabouts was aroused. in galapagos, as soon as i hit upon the passage where enlarged human brains (a modern oddity, in the grand anthropic scheme of things) were thought to be one of humanity's worst historical birth defects, given their proportionately enlarged capacity for evil thought, i laughed hysterically and thought "right you are, ken" (or kurt, in this instance)

FAVORITE MXC MOMENT EVER: at 1:35 when dude takes a full load to the face from herbie the steamie pile. first time i saw it i almost threw up from laughing. i mean just unloading an entire fire extinguisher into some poor dude's face after he falls off a frogbull. priceless.

GEYEEEONN!!!