I Hate to Be Right

Postcard

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your lack of response to the issue at hand is telling. What seed will Monmouth garner this year?

Posty, it sucks that we have such a low viewer rating. Others have said it. What do you want? A full on admission that 10th ranked Missouri is more popular? SLU doesn't have great fan support? Would you like every billikens.com poster to apologize to you for something?

Some of your posts are good. Others are just stirring the pot. Yawn.

I have responded to the issue at hand, but your meds maybe interfering with your ability to figure that out.

I missed your explanation as to why #10 Mizzou outdrew SLU by 6-1 in viewers this past Saturday and why an out of town women's game drew a much better number as well. While were at it, how did the SIU/Creighiton game draw the same number?

Posty, it sucks that we have such a low viewer rating. Others have said it. What do you want? A full on admission that 10th ranked Missouri is more popular? SLU doesn't have great fan support? Would you like every billikens.com poster to apologize to you for something?

My initial intention was to back up a point that I'd been lambasted for making in the past, that there is a reason Mizzou might get better coverage in the Post. I thought by showing the actual numbers that some of my naysayers would say "hey, maybe this irrational fear we have about the Post is wrong, maybe Mizzou is a little more popular in the area and the Post is justified by slanting coverage their way." What I got instead was the numbers are wrong, the system is flawed. There will be few SLU fans happier than me when the Billikens return to their glory days and have multiple sell outs and tourney appearances. I think they are on their way towards that right now.

This certainly got off topic quickly. Let's get back to why #10 Mizzou outdrew our Billikens by 6-1 this past Saturday. Also, why did an out of state women's bball game outdraw our Bills by almost 1.7 - 1? We have the million dollar coach and the new arena. We're in the fantastic A10 not in the crappy MVC

( Creighton at SIUC men's hoops......ESPN2............0.3.....................3,750 Huh? How did that get the same rating as SLU???). What are the answers guys?

Postcard, what were your thoughts to my post that basically Nielson rating for St. Louis are based on like 50 households with a t.v. set and when based on local events provide virtually no statistical significance. There is no way nielson knows of 0, 3,750, or 20,000 people were watching the game.

If they had their sensors in my house, Sshoes and Willies that would equate to 60,000 local viewers the way they calculate it.

This certainly got off topic quickly. Let's get back to why #10 Mizzou outdrew our Billikens by 6-1 this past Saturday. Also, why did an out of state women's bball game outdraw our Bills by almost 1.7 - 1? We have the million dollar coach and the new arena. We're in the fantastic A10 not in the crappy MVC

( Creighton at SIUC men's hoops......ESPN2............0.3.....................3,750 Huh? How did that get the same rating as SLU???). What are the answers guys?

So after playing the race card and losing, you direct us back to your original abomination. You are quite a brave, bold man, backing MU!

SLU cannot be compared to MU:

MU has 4 times (or so) the students, providing 4 times the potential fans

MU gets governement $$$$ aid (you should like that, with your buddy Obama spending us into a death sprial)

MU belongs to a superior BCS Conference, The Big 12

MU has superior basketball TV coverage

MU had superior on campus basketball facilites... (well, until this yr!)

MU has superior basketball expense budget

MU has foo-foo easy classes to hide dumb basketball (and football) players

MU can grab JUCO thugs and get them in school when they need a sudden boost

MU has a large journalism school... producing shills that work at the Post Dispatch and control the message out to the public

So you should be proud of yourself! Big man!

My initial intention was to back up a point that I'd been lambasted for making in the past, that there is a reason Mizzou might get better coverage in the Post. I thought by showing the actual numbers that some of my naysayers would say "hey, maybe this irrational fear we have about the Post is wrong, maybe Mizzou is a little more popular in the area and the Post is justified by slanting coverage their way." What I got instead was the numbers are wrong, the system is flawed.

Fair enough, you have some numbers to back up your statement.

There will be few SLU fans happier than me when the Billikens return to their glory days and have multiple sell outs and tourney appearances. I think they are on their way towards that right now.

I doubt this. I don't think you are the biggest SLU fan in the world. You are obviously a missouri supporter that probably also likes SLU somewhat. However, Missouri is first in your book. That's fine, but I think it's disingenuous to pass yourself off as one of SLU's biggest supporters.

Postcard, what were your thoughts to my post that basically Nielson rating for St. Louis are based on like 50 households with a If they had their sensors in my house, Sshoes and Willies that would equate to 60,000 local viewers the way they calculate it.

Man, that's a lot of willies. :P

So after playing the race card and losing, you direct us back to your original abomination. You are quite a brave, bold man, backing MU!

SLU cannot be compared to MU:

MU gets governement $$$$ aid (you should like that, with your buddy Obama spending us into a death sprial)

MU had superior on campus basketball facilites... (well, until this yr!)

MU has superior basketball expense budget

MU has foo-foo easy classes to hide dumb basketball (and football) players

So you should be proud of yourself! Big man!

Mizzou gets government aid because it costs approximately 1/6th of what it costs to go to SLU.

Mizzou still has better basketball facilities than SLU, sorry.

Mizzou's basketball expense budget is bigger because the athletic department and basketball team as a whole are bigger and more popular than SLU.

SLU has just as many idiots as Mizzou, and probably just as many actually intelligent students, per capita.

I love the insinuation that the only people who attend JUCO are thugs. How many people on this board went to Meramec at one point or another? I'm willing to bet there's at least a few.

Mizzou gets government aid because it costs approximately 1/6th of what it costs to go to SLU.

Mizzou's basketball expense budget is bigger because the athletic department and basketball team as a whole are bigger and more popular than SLU.

SLU has just as many idiots as Mizzou, and probably just as many actually intelligent students, per capita.

I love the insinuation that the only people who attend JUCO are thugs. How many people on this board went to Meramec at one point or another? I'm willing to bet there's at least a few.

Cheesy, why do you spend so much time on a SLU board defending Missouri?

So you are basically admitting that Mizzou students and grads are welfare recipients that can't take care of themselves?

Postcard, what were your thoughts to my post that basically Nielson rating for St. Louis are based on like 50 households with a t.v. set and when based on local events provide virtually no statistical significance. There is no way nielson knows of 0, 3,750, or 20,000 people were watching the game.

If they had their sensors in my house, Sshoes and Willies that would equate to 60,000 local viewers the way they calculate it.

I think just because you read an article on the internet and came up with your own analysis doesn't exactly make your argument stand out. I'll tend to believe Neilsen's numbers before yours. I highly doubt they only polled 50 people in the area.

Come on Posty admit it, you missed my post about why this happened because you have been to busy trying to convince the guy in housekeping to smuggle you in a really pretty watermelon.

We get it. I won. You have nothing to say. Go Monmouth!

I initally played the race card?

SLU cannot be compared to MU

You said it not me.

Barry Eberhardt what?

So you are basically admitting that Mizzou students and grads are welfare recipients that can't take care of themselves?

SLU gets no gov't money? You sure about that?

Mizzou gets government aid because it costs approximately 1/6th of what it costs to go to SLU. WTF, this makes no sense!

Mizzou still has better basketball facilities than SLU, sorry. Probably true, but POINT is that MU had HUGE advantage for 40-50 yrs.

Mizzou's basketball expense budget is bigger because the athletic department and basketball team as a whole are bigger and more popular than SLU. NO, it is because they get government $$$$$.SLU has just as many idiots as Mizzou, and probably just as many actually intelligent students, per capita. Agreed, and MU has very good academics, but it does have places to hide football-basketball knuckleheads that SLU does not.

I love the insinuation that the only people who attend JUCO are thugs. How many people on this board went to Meramec at one point or another? I'm willing to bet there's at least a few. Not all JUCOs are thugs, but a lot of basketball players that come from JUCOS are thugs.

Why doesn't Mizzou PLAY US?

Why isn't Postcard banned?

Well he was banned once when he went by the name billiphan. This thread would be more accurately titled "Ace is right." All can see he is nothing more than a Mizloser troll with the sole purpose to taking shots at SLU and waving the black and gold pom poms. If you notice, he lies low when they start to go in the crapper, which they always inevitably do. He is a fraud. He claims to be a fan of both programs, yet goes through the trouble of communicatiing with Dan Caesar in order to advance his Mizzou agenda? :P:lol::lol: What a loser.

He's already been banned, but it seems one of the moderators is now his guardian angel. If the guy is a Mizzou fan, fine, but his sole purpose is to stir up sh!t. If the mod keeps him around, that's fine. We've kicked around Mizzou trolls like joey fluegel in the past and will continue to do it with this loser. He'll be fun to have around when the next MU arrest or scandal hits. :lol:

This certainly got off topic quickly.

:P I see you are waving the white flag of surrender. You wanted to go down that road initially and then it blew up in your face. Hell, schools in the SEC and the deep south have a much better track record than Boone County U. I'm sure the KKK is proud of that track record.

Well he was banned once when he went by the name billiphan. This thread would be more accurately titled "Ace is right." All can see he is nothing more than a Mizloser troll with the sole purpose to taking shots at SLU and waving the black and gold pom poms. If you notice, he lies low when they start to go in the crapper, which they always inevitably do. He is a fraud. He claims to be a fan of both programs, yet goes through the trouble of communicatiing with Dan Caesar in order to advance his Mizzou agenda? :P:lol::lol: What a loser.

He's already been banned, but it seems one of the moderators is now his guardian angel. If the guy is a Mizzou fan, fine, but his sole purpose is to stir up sh!t. If the mod keeps him around, that's fine. We've kicked around Mizzou trolls like joey fluegel in the past and will continue to do it with this loser. He'll be fun to have around when the next MU arrest or scandal hits. :lol:

Waa waa waa! Posty should be banned. waa waa! He's mean to us wittle Billiken fans. waa waa! He says he is a Billiken fan but I know he isn't. He hasn't thrown me spare change in front of the arena in weeks. waa waa! I'm telling my mommy. Waa waa!

I see you are waving the white flag of surrender. You wanted to go down that road initially and then it blew up in your face. Hell, schools in the SEC and the deep south have a much better track record than Boone County U. I'm sure the KKK is proud of that track record.

Ron Coleman was fired after one year. Great support by SLU. Mizzou currently has one black head coach that I know of. So does SLU. You're right, the Bills have a great track record. I admitted both schools could probably do better. I guess you would have suggested that Mizzou fire Norm Stewart. At least SLU had ample opportunities to hire a black coach.

Not this old hat again. You're not one of those people that would rather have 90% of the population not be able to afford to receive higher education, are you?

Waa waa waa! Posty should be banned. waa waa! He's mean to us wittle Billiken fans. waa waa! He says he is a Billiken fan but I know he isn't. He hasn't thrown me spare change in front of the arena in weeks. waa waa! I'm telling my mommy. Waa waa!

Where did I say you "should be banned"? I just pointed out that you have been banned in the past.

Based on this post I'm guessing you're from either Columbia or Carbondale.

Not this old hat again. You're not one of those people that would rather have 90% of the population not be able to afford to receive higher education, are you?

No I never said that. I don't mind giving a few of my tax dollars to help out people like you. I mean come on somebody has to take advantage of a school that has an endowed chair in international economics named after and funded by Ken Lay.

I think just because you read an article on the internet and came up with your own analysis doesn't exactly make your argument stand out. I'll tend to believe Neilsen's numbers before yours. I highly doubt they only polled 50 people in the area.

SLU gets no gov't money? You sure about that?

Bailout money aside-everybody gets GMoney. Our med school, grad school, and undergrad all have grants. I think the Neilsen is bogus unless you want to say exactly 3750 watched Creighton, Siu; just like SLU vs RI and did they check the East Coast and

Cincy TV markets as well while only MO and B12 fans were watching MO.

MO can't beat SLU or ILLinois when they play in a neutral court like Scott Trade or Ed Jones-today, tomorrow or yesterday and

the same goes for SIUC-there are a handful of MO grads who can read and write and come on the board and we just laugh at all of you because you think you are sneaking on and you are not all that funny