Real home-court advantage

They also open the main entrance 2 hours before game time now so people have plenty of time to get in get something to eat and drink and still make to their seat before the openning jump ball.

They also open the main entrance 2 hours before game time now so people have plenty of time to get in get something to eat and drink and still make to their seat before the openning jump ball.

Maybe better food would get people to the game earlier. I always ate at the Scott Trade Center, but I won't eat at this place. The food is bad, even for arena food. Does SLU handle it themselves or is it a food service?

Thicks, do you really think college kids go to bed at 10 PM?

I addressed this question in another post -- in the one you reference below.

I didn't know you were the roller disco guy! Maybe you could bust out some moves for halftime entertainment.

Not disco, but I could certainly bust some moves. And while I've never tried, I could probably dribble a basketball and make a layup while on roller skates. But I wouldn't want to mess up Chaifetz's nice floor with my skates!

Hey, when Rick Majerus gets the Bills to an Elite Eight or beyond, will they name the floor after him: The Rick Majerus Court @ Chaifetz Arena? Imagine what folks would say in the future: I went to a game and some goofy black dude was messing up the Rick Majerus Court by shooting around in roller skates!

Tonka. Believe you are right on with the late-arriving crowd. Personally, I have been a "late-arrriver" these past few years. Reasons are many, and I accept some of the blame, but I will say that when I did not have a wife and 2 small kids, I was always early and/or on-time. With my wife and 2 kids in tow, we arrived at the Chaveitz at 7:15 only to find out it was an 8 pm game. Shame on me, despite being late, for not logging-on to Shoe's website for the game time. Instead, I looked at the tickets, again noticed no game time, and arrived quite early.

Anyway, when the count-down clock to the game-time ran down to 0, I couldn't believe how many open seats there were. Then, after introductions, etc. still nowhere close to being full. Seats did not fill-up until after 7 or 8 minutes in to the game. I found this even more surprising since it would seem that an 8 pm game would be easier to reach than a 7 pm game.

Trust me, there are always situations where one could be late. I have been a close call on several occasions. Personally, I will take what I can get with fans. If it's a matter of being there or not, I would take fans being late or leaving early as opposed to not showing up at all. I just wanted to point out that I think late arrivals are more a problem than the ones who leave early.

I thought the same thing about the 8 PM start. When I first sat in my seats, I was disappointed thinking we were going to have a bad turn out. Later, we find out it was probably the best attended game so far.

Maybe we're just going to be like Lakers fans and have consistently late fans.

and the Blues were playing the Blackhawks on the same night!!

Did anyone else have trouble getting a table at any of the restaurants close to the arena? We showed up at the Good Pie at 6:30 expecting a relatively smooth meal with plenty of time to get to the game, but they had a 45 minute wait. So I told my family to wait while I checked out the other places; Buffalo Brewing had at least a 45 minute wait, Vito's was 40 minutes, and Triumph was an astounding 90 minutes. I guess this is good for the area, but it was damn frustrating when we've never had to get to the dinner spot more than 90 minutes before tip.

Anyway, after waiting for three older couples to sit and talk for a half hour after finishing their food (some people can look so nice and be such jerks), we sat down about 7:25 and got to the arena with 19:20 left in the first half. I never thought I'd miss the tip.

Did anyone else have trouble getting a table at any of the restaurants close to the arena? We showed up at the Good Pie at 6:30 expecting a relatively smooth meal with plenty of time to get to the game, but they had a 45 minute wait. So I told my family to wait while I checked out the other places; Buffalo Brewing had at least a 45 minute wait, Vito's was 40 minutes, and Triumph was an astounding 90 minutes. I guess this is good for the area, but it was damn frustrating when we've never had to get to the dinner spot more than 90 minutes before tip.

Anyway, after waiting for three older couples to sit and talk for a half hour after finishing their food (some people can look so nice and be such jerks), we sat down about 7:25 and got to the arena with 19:20 left in the first half. I never thought I'd miss the tip.

I think Larry the Cable Guy performing at the Fox Saturday night probably contributed to some of the waits. If you are planning to eat in midtown before the you probably want to see if anything is going on at the Fox or Powell.

Not disco, but I could certainly bust some moves. And while I've never tried, I could probably dribble a basketball and make a layup while on roller skates. But I wouldn't want to mess up Chaifetz's nice floor with my skates!

Sweet. I've found that "Car Wash" by Rose Royce is the all-time best song to roller skate to.

I think Larry the Cable Guy performing at the Fox Saturday night probably contributed to some of the waits. If you are planning to eat in midtown before the you probably want to see if anything is going on at the Fox or Powell.

No, you must be mistaken- I wasn't trying to get through the drive-thru at Del Taco, we were in line at the Good Pie and also considered Vito's, Triumph, and Buffalo Brewing. I think I saw some Larry the Cable Guy fans eating fried chicken in the back of a truck and chasing down a stray dog.

if my Irish lose their 45 game home winning streak tonight, this very well could be the worst 2 game stretch of basketball games for me in awhile... KM gets hurt while the Bills get pummeled and the Irish' home winning streak and season tumble to the ground. This would be 4 straight losses for the Irish and their resume really looks average at best at this point.

Hopefully the Fetz (did we ever give it a nickname?) stays as friendly to the bills as the JACC has been for the Irish.

if my Irish lose their 45 game home winning streak tonight, this very well could be the worst 2 game stretch of basketball games for me in awhile... KM gets hurt while the Bills get pummeled and the Irish' home winning streak and season tumble to the ground. This would be 4 straight losses for the Irish and their resume really looks average at best at this point.

Hopefully the Fetz (did we ever give it a nickname?) stays as friendly to the bills as the JACC has been for the Irish.

I believe the students refer to it as the Chai.

Who is Notre Dame playing tonight? I presume it's a Big East game.