Post-Game Thoughts

davidnark

Yeah, my personal all time favorite is the old guy that takes his shoe off and yells out 'You stink REF!'

That was my old friend Jim welton, aka Mouse. He passed during the 05-06 season, and we really miss him. A favorite memory of mine was on Senior Night of '05. Before the game, a member of the band came over to our seats and told us that they were going to do a tribute to Mouse. when we looked over there, every member of the band was holding a shoe in the air with one hand, holding their nose with the other, and yelled "You Stink Ref!".

Mouse would have loved our new building and the direction the program is taking. But I am sure that he has a better seat now.

I may be wrong, hos that for CYA, but I was under the impression that the student ticket price is now included in their toution fees. All the student has to do is swipe his or her id to verify they have paid. They may have had to choose that as an optional fee when they enrolled I am not sure. :lol:

not true. they get a deep discount (think it is like $120 for a student ticket) but they have to buy the season ticket.

you are correct on they do not get a paper ticket. they just swipe their student id badge at the west gate.

i know this for a fact as my daughter is taking a number of slu classes this year and is classified as a slu student and has a slu id badge. i took advantage of the situation to get an extra ticket and bought the student ticket for her.

not true. they get a deep discount (think it is like $120 for a student ticket) but they have to buy the season ticket.

you are correct on they do not get a paper ticket. they just swipe their student id badge at the west gate.

i know this for a fact as my daughter is taking a number of slu classes this year and is classified as a slu student and has a slu id badge. i took advantage of the situation to get an extra ticket and bought the student ticket for her.

The last 2 games, they have let anyone in with a SLU Id.

The last 2 games, they have let anyone in with a SLU Id.

If that is the case, then they should give the students that purchased a season ticket a refund. I do think it should be included in the tuition and if and when going to a basketball game is the "thing" to do, then go to a first come first served type of service. That should get the student there early.

If that is the case, then they should give the students that purchased a season ticket a refund. I do think it should be included in the tuition and if and when going to a basketball game is the "thing" to do, then go to a first come first served type of service. That should get the student there early.

I like the faact that they have to pay for the tickets. It makes the student more invested in the team and more likely to show up for every game.

I like the faact that they have to pay for the tickets. It makes the student more invested in the team and more likely to show up for every game.

But apparently now some of the students don't have to pay to get into the game.

I like the idea that they are doing everything they can to get increased student attendance at the games including allowing them in for free. But I think this leads to a real problem next year when you try to convince students to buy season tickets they are going to say "no way, I can just get them for free later in the season." SLU should be real careful with how many more "free games" they give to the students.

I don't agree that any refunds should be given. Its no different than season ticket holders paying full price for their tickets but SLU now reducing the price for the late comers in an attempt to fill the arena. What you get with season tics is the security of knowing you will always have a ticket no matter what.

But apparently now some of the students don't have to pay to get into the game.

I like the idea that they are doing everything they can to get increased student attendance at the games including allowing them in for free. But I think this leads to a real problem next year when you try to convince students to buy season tickets they are going to say "no way, I can just get them for free later in the season." SLU should be real careful with how many more "free games" they give to the students.

I don't agree that any refunds should be given. Its no different than season ticket holders paying full price for their tickets but SLU now reducing the price for the late comers in an attempt to fill the arena. What you get with season tics is the security of knowing you will always have a ticket no matter what.

Here's an idea. Do with the student season ticket holders what they did with us. Give each student STH 10 (pick a number) of free tickets to give to their friends to get them to come along to a game or two. A nice gesture for those who bought the season tickets and yet helping to fill the student section, which I believe is really important. By doing this, I think it would lower any expectation students would have next year to not buy ST, and yet get in free like the last game. With RM's recruiting I think next year will start to become a tough ticket! I anticpate seeing "Rickville" tents in the next couple of years!

the thing is that they aren't advertising free tickets in any way, and if you would go to the box office without being tipped off by your friends, they will still take your name and charge you ten dollars. It seems like it is a software problem or something, so that they can't swipe the cards. Anyway, it is frustrating. The difference between you guys purchasing season tickets and then them lowering the prices and then us doing the same is that you have a guaranteed seat. I have no priority whatsoever over the next guy, even with my $135 donation!

That was my old friend Jim welton, aka Mouse. He passed during the 05-06 season, and we really miss him. A favorite memory of mine was on Senior Night of '05. Before the game, a member of the band came over to our seats and told us that they were going to do a tribute to Mouse. when we looked over there, every member of the band was holding a shoe in the air with one hand, holding their nose with the other, and yelled "You Stink Ref!".

Mouse would have loved our new building and the direction the program is taking. But I am sure that he has a better seat now.

Sorry to hear about your friend passing. That was great entertainment. Good way to heckle the refs while not being a jerk . . .