12-30-08 GDT: MD-B.C. + POSTGAME DISCUSSION.

I agree with what you are saying. Kevin is not a pg, he's a classic 2 guard. He's not overly quick and he doesn't have great handles. To Kevin's credit imo he has had one of the best Billiken Careers in the history of SLU without ever really having a true pg next to him until this year, and KM is a freshman. Like so many of the Billiken's of the past Kevin has spent alot of time playing out of position, doing his best to handle the pg duties and he hasn't done a poor job.

Too bad Cotto couldn't cut it at SLU. This would have been his big night to get minutes at the 2.

KL has to play too much point guard which shows our new Aussie will get immediate minutes next year as KM has his momemts

and then he too has games where the defender does him like he is a freshman..

The key to the game was our defense of their point I think his name is Greene; he had a career nightmare in matching up to us KM and KL did a very good job holding him down and forcing him into errors.

I never thought I would say this but if we get the big Aussie at 6 foot 7 we will have too many tall guys at that height. We need someone 6 foot 9 who can hit Bob Petit fade away jumpers and we could always use another Conklin; you can't have too many bangers.

The play from BT was excellent his minutes were up from 8 to 13 but what do you do when Willie doesn't get the start because of flu and Barry comes out hot and rebounds and gives us four or five excellent minutes-was this our first big lead at the start of the game?

BT hang in there buddy because you and Conklin play well together and Conklin is getting 30 minutes.

I would like to see BT, Conklin, and Willie all play together and Willie could play the O Hannon style three slashing, etc. Who could defend him? He would

never handle like TL but he has other gifts and can rebound almost as well as TL and his pursuit of the ball and scoring is maybe the best on the team

WR has a nose for the ball almost as good as Scott Highmark and that is really a great compliment.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad Cotto couldn't cut it at SLU. This would have been his big night to get minutes at the 2.

KL has to play too much point guard which shows our new Aussie will get immediate minutes next year as KM has his momemts

and then he too has games where the defender does him like he is a freshman..

The key to the game was our defense of their point I think his name is Greene; he had a career nightmare in matching up to us KM and KL did a very good job holding him down and forcing him into errors.

I never thought I would say this but if we get the big Aussie at 6 foot 7 we will have too many tall guys at that height. We need someone 6 foot 9 who can hit Bob Petit fade away jumpers and we could always use another Conklin; you can't have too many bangers.

The play from BT was excellent his minutes were up from 8 to 13 but what do you do when Willie doesn't get the start because of flu and Barry comes out hot and rebounds and gives us four or five excellent minutes-was this our first big lead at the start of the game?

BT hang in there buddy because you and Conklin play well together and Conklin is getting 30 minutes.

I would like to see BT, Conklin, and Willie all play together and Willie could play the O Hannon style three slashing, etc. Who could defend him? He would

never handle like TL but he has other gifts and can rebound almost as well as TL and his pursuit of the ball and scoring is maybe the best on the team

WR has a nose for the ball almost as good as Scott Highmark and that is really a great compliment.

Saying we have too many athletic 6'7" forwards is like saying you have too much money or having too much fun - can not happen. I agree that BT had nice minutes - he really needs to get stronger since he is not as quick as WR or BC - did you see how he was open for that dunk and the ball blocked - it seemed like it took him forever to move on the play. He will be fine and get more minutes as time goes by but he has to become quicker with his move.

-please understand i love willie and believe barring anything injury or other wise he will do things we have not seen maybe ever in a slu uniform, however your view and mine on his rebounding at this stage are not in synch

-please understand i love willie and believe barring anything injury or other wise he will do things we have not seen maybe ever in a slu uniform, however your view and mine on his rebounding at this stage are not in synch

Nope. With Willie's height, Tommie would be averaging 12 boards a game.

I'll agree he could dribble, but he wasn't a good passer, maybe a reliable passer.

His career Assist/TO was 273 -175 I would not consider that the stats of a poor passer. I would agree that if you want to call him reliable then fine. My original point was that KL did have a pg that he played with that was reasonably effective in distributing the ball to players.