Sr Leaders

slufanskip

Imo all three need to play better.

Barry has played about how I expected the last few games, but like others have said, it's been against the patsies ... can he bring that game against better competition. We need more than 4.2ppg in 18 minutes from him. He's averaging 4.8 boards in the same 18 minutes, which I'd say is pretty good.

Tommie has rebounded very well and is shooting 42% from the field and 36% from the 3. Imo he needs to be more agressive at going to the basket. We need better than 42% from the field from him, and if he gets more agressive he should hike that number up a bit and increase his scoring. He needs to be around 15-16ppg. He also needs to do a better job with the ball, he has 18 assists against 24 t/o's. 1.8 assists a game isn't good enough for him.

Kevin also needs to score a little more, imo he should be above 16ppg. He is not shooting the ball as well as we have seen in the past. 39% from the field is not going to cut it. He's at 38% from the 3, and though not great, with the 3 point line moved back, I wouldn't say it was bad either. Like Tommie, he needs to be more secure with the ball. He's got 26 assists against 2 turnovers, which is 2.6 assists a game against 2.0 t/o's. If he could get his assists up slightly higher and cut back on his t/o's a little it'd be more in line with my expectations. He's not doing as poorly as Tommie with the ball, but we need better from him.

Overall based upon my expectations, I'd give all three of them C's for the year.

Imo all three need to play better.

Barry has played about how I expected the last few games, but like others have said, it's been against the patsies ... can he bring that game against better competition. We need more than 4.2ppg in 18 minutes from him. He's averaging 4.8 boards in the same 18 minutes, which I'd say is pretty good.

Tommie has rebounded very well and is shooting 42% from the field and 36% from the 3. Imo he needs to be more agressive at going to the basket. We need better than 42% from the field from him, and if he gets more agressive he should hike that number up a bit and increase his scoring. He needs to be around 15-16ppg. He also needs to do a better job with the ball, he has 18 assists against 24 t/o's. 1.8 assists a game isn't good enough for him.

Kevin also needs to score a little more, imo he should be above 16ppg. He is not shooting the ball as well as we have seen in the past. 39% from the field is not going to cut it. He's at 38% from the 3, and though not great, with the 3 point line moved back, I wouldn't say it was bad either. Like Tommie, he needs to be more secure with the ball. He's got 26 assists against 2 turnovers, which is 2.6 assists a game against 2.0 t/o's. If he could get his assists up slightly higher and cut back on his t/o's a little it'd be more in line with my expectations. He's not doing as poorly as Tommie with the ball, but we need better from him.

Overall based upon my expectations, I'd give all three of them C's for the year.

Each of these guys have been fairly disappointing thus far this season, but there is certainly reason to believe that they can get better. KL has had stretches in just about every season where his shot doesn't drop and hopefully we've already gone through that stretch. Tommie has looked better of late, but he needs to show it against some better comp. And Barry is hopefully getting comfortable and hitting a groove.

IMO, the key for them will be the continued progress of KM and the inside guys. Getting points inside from BC, BT, and WR would do more for both KL and TL than anything they can do on their own.

Each of these guys have been fairly disappointing thus far this season, but there is certainly reason to believe that they can get better. KL has had stretches in just about every season where his shot doesn't drop and hopefully we've already gone through that stretch. Tommie has looked better of late, but he needs to show it against some better comp. And Barry is hopefully getting comfortable and hitting a groove.

IMO, the key for them will be the continued progress of KM and the inside guys. Getting points inside from BC, BT, and WR would do more for both KL and TL than anything they can do on their own.

I agree with that to a point. Having a better inside game will openm things up for TL and KL, but some of the silly turnovers, that just appear to be from a lack of concentration or focus, and Tommie not being aggressive enough are things they need to correct individually.

I agree with that to a point. Having a better inside game will openm things up for TL and KL, but some of the silly turnovers, that just appear to be from a lack of concentration or focus, and Tommie not being aggressive enough are things they need to correct individually.

TL looked like what we expect he picked pockets on defense last game and was decidely our best player on both sides of the ball. Kevin did a good job on Curry but there were a couple of lapses where Curry flew by him. Barry is obviously not a banger but I would have given him an A for the game had he not gotten his own

rebound twice and failed to close the door from 2-3 feet in going 0-3 on one trip-that was ugly-otherwise I think Liberty was a good practise game

TL looked like what we expect he picked pockets on defense last game and was decidely our best player on both sides of the ball. Kevin did a good job on Curry but there were a couple of lapses where Curry flew by him. Barry is obviously not a banger but I would have given him an A for the game had he not gotten his own

rebound twice and failed to close the door from 2-3 feet in going 0-3 on one trip-that was ugly-otherwise I think Liberty was a good practise game

fyi, curry has only been held under 15 points in one game. curry has only shot less than thirteen shots in one game. curry has only taken less than 5 three's in one game this year. curry has only had one game he didnt make a single three pointer. the answer to all of the above is friday night. kevin played defense friday night on one of the top freshmen in the country and imo that was the true difference in the game.

and couple that with a splendid offensive game and handling the point more than he should have to, lisch did more than his share of "leadership" by example friday night.

i think those of you tanking on kevin need to be thrown into the stands on your tailbone by a middle linebacker power forward and see how you are doing in just two or three weeks. kevin will be just fine and is the least of our worries.

fyi, curry has only been held under 15 points in one game. curry has only shot less than thirteen shots in one game. curry has only taken less than 5 three's in one game this year. curry has only had one game he didnt make a single three pointer. the answer to all of the above is friday night. kevin played defense friday night on one of the top freshmen in the country and imo that was the true difference in the game.

and couple that with a splendid offensive game and handling the point more than he should have to, lisch did more than his share of "leadership" by example friday night.

i think those of you tanking on kevin need to be thrown into the stands on your tailbone by a middle linebacker power forward and see how you are doing in just two or three weeks. kevin will be just fine and is the least of our worries.

Man crush. Bromance. B)

(Just joshin' with you, Roy.)

I agree that KL had a very good total game against Liberty - he just needs to do that more consistently and I expect him to do so in the future.

No one is tanking on Kevin, Liberty was one game. Do you think Kevin has played as well as he is capable of so far this year? Were your expectations after 10 games 14.1 ppg, shooting 39% from the field and 38% from the 3, with a 1.25-1 assist to turnover ratio? I bet if you ask Kevin the answer would be no. I wouldn't say he's played poorly, but he's capable of better play, and i anticipated better play. Maybe, I anticipated too much, and he's just not as good as I thought he was.

-in the interests of fairness, where are these same stats/quotes about fisher from kent st?

-in the interests of fairness, where are these same stats/quotes about fisher from kent st?

I'm not sure that is "fair" since the Kent State game was Kevin's first game back after the tailbone injury. However, obviously Kevin's season as a whole should be looked at in determining whether he has been a "senior leader" as the topic of this thread puts it. I'd say Kevin is still having a good season, but obviously he hasn't elevated his game the way some of us hoped. Hopefully, he really turns it on during conference play.

I'm not sure that is "fair" since the Kent State game was Kevin's first game back after the tailbone injury. However, obviously Kevin's season as a whole should be looked at in determining whether he has been a "senior leader" as the topic of this thread puts it. I'd say Kevin is still having a good season, but obviously he hasn't elevated his game the way some of us hoped. Hopefully, he really turns it on during conference play.

this is quite reasonable

The following comment by Coach Majerus in today's game recap in the Post-Dispatch speaks volumes.

"The freshmen competed extraordinarily well," SLU coach Rick Majerus said. "We had some issues with the upperclassmen. We've been defending well and ... it's not good when the younger guys bring a greater sense of urgency than the older guys."

The seniors really need to step up and play with some urgency. This is their last season, and they've yet to play in any kind of post-season tournament. The freshmen are talented, but they're not Michigan's Fab Five. If Tommie Liddell III and Kevin Lisch are going to be able to cap off their careers by playing in an NCAA Tournament game or in some NIT games, they're going to have to ratchet it up a few notches. A-10 player of the week for Liddell was nice, but he needs to play well outside of Chaifetz. Also, if he has aspirations of playing basketball professionally, he's got to produce considerably more consistently.

I'm taking up a collection to get Roy some custom made blue boxer shorts with pink hearts that say I love Kevin Lisch in the middle of the hearts. Anyone want to contribute.

It's boring today ... so with the spirit of Christmas in mind, can we get a good argument going. Roy, if you wear the boxers, don't try to incite a riot while crossing the street leaving the arena. I don't think they'll go over well in the slammer.

It's boring today ... so with the spirit of Christmas in mind, can we get a good argument going. Roy, if you wear the boxers, don't try to incite a riot while crossing the street leaving the arena. I don't think they'll go over well in the slammer.

hey buddy, if i remember correctly you started it. i just added in to back you up.