Dear Mr. 3-Star Recruit

moytoy12

Still think Kent St. and B.C. are going to kill us?

You could ask Coach Majerus the same question. So far I don't see any sign of a train wreck. But, I guess, there are three consecutive road games coming up. If the Bills could pull off one win in the three games, they'll be 3-3 heading into their "easy" stretch.

You could ask Coach Majerus the same question. So far I don't see any sign of a train wreck. But, I guess, there are three consecutive road games coming up. If the Bills could pull off one win in the three games, they'll be 3-3 heading into their "easy" stretch.

But Majerus is allowed a certain amount of coach-speak. 3 Star told us that we were going to get killed right after the UMSL game; I told him that was ridiculous to say after one game (which it was).

Still think Kent St. and B.C. are going to kill us?

After the UMSL game, a reasonable person would have to say it sure seemed likely we would lose both games by a substantial margin. Hats off to the kids for maturing so remarkably quick. But there will still be bumps in the road. There will be nights they look like freshman. Perhaps Tommie and Kevin save us these nights. That's why they play the games. It promises to be a much more interesting season than I personally expected after the UMSL game.

very very few teams wont have a huge drop off when they lose their best player. thus any season long predictions based on what we saw vs umsl with out lisch were bound to be skewed.

when was tommie not available??? :rolleyes:

Tommie has played some great basketball games but the hackers beat on him and his field goal percentage does drop.

A lot of people in the running at this point for over achiever awards since KL has been playing hurt.

We need TL and we hope he has better stats in future games even if what he gives us doesn't show up on the stat page.

when was tommie not available??? :rolleyes:

i assume you think tommie is the billikens best player. tommie is good, and also very important to the team, but he is not lisch. when tommie begins to take over games on a consistent basis like kevin has for a few seasons now, come back and talk to me. he has the ability, but he doesnt have the assassin's attitude that kevin has.

i assume you think tommie is the billikens best player. tommie is good, and also very important to the team, but he is not lisch. when tommie begins to take over games on a consistent basis like kevin has for a few seasons now, come back and talk to me. he has the ability, but he doesnt have the assassin's attitude that kevin has.

-you make a poor assumption

-i think they are 1a and 1b

-i don't think tommie can do his stuff without kevin and i don't think kevin can do his stuff without tommie

-but to think one is clearly better, or even better at all, than the other to me is senseless

-you make a poor assumption

-i think they are 1a and 1b

-i don't think tommie can do his stuff without kevin and i don't think kevin can do his stuff without tommie

-but to think one is clearly better, or even better at all, than the other to me is senseless

you are so wrong about this that it becomes pretty obvious you just like to find things to disagree with me on. now THAT is senseless.

you are so wrong about this that it becomes pretty obvious you just like to find things to disagree with me on. now THAT is senseless.

Can I suggest that this is not a productive topic. It is almost like arguing which or your children you love the most. these players bring completely different things to the floor for our Billikens and we need both of them to play at a very high level for us to beat good teams. The good thing about this team is that if Tommie and Kevin had started so slow with previous teams we would have been down by 20 or more points and it would have been impossible to come back. This year the youngsters kept us in the game so Tommie and Kevin could help seal the deal in the second half.

Can I suggest that this is not a productive topic. It is almost like arguing which or your children you love the most. these players bring completely different things to the floor for our Billikens and we need both of them to play at a very high level for us to beat good teams. The good thing about this team is that if Tommie and Kevin had started so slow with previous teams we would have been down by 20 or more points and it would have been impossible to come back. This year the youngsters kept us in the game so Tommie and Kevin could help seal the deal in the second half.

Well said Billikan.

The point of my post was to support my statement made to 3-star recruit that it was ridiculous to say right after the UMSL game that we would get killed by KSU or BC. Sure, it could have happened, but it was just silly to say after one game (a game without KL).

billikan, hypothetical, 12 seconds left in the game, down one point, ball at the half line clock is running, who's hands do you want the ball in?

billikan, hypothetical, 12 seconds left in the game, down one point, ball at the half line clock is running, who's hands do you want the ball in?

Thats an interesting question. My first thought was Kevin but then thinking on it, I may want to give it to Tommie just for the pure fact that he can take anyone off the dribble and draw the defense which in turn might give Kevin more of an open look. Tommie would create more options, not to mention the fact that he has a knack of getting fouled when driving the basket.

If we had one shot, say 5 or less seconds I would no doubt give it to Kevin. Interesting topic.

Thats an interesting question. My first thought was Kevin but then thinking on it, I may want to give it to Tommie just for the pure fact that he can take anyone off the dribble and draw the defense which in turn might give Kevin more of an open look. Tommie would create more options, not to mention the fact that he has a knack of getting fouled when driving the basket.

If we had one shot, say 5 or less seconds I would no doubt give it to Kevin. Interesting topic.

I want the ball in Mitchell's hands. Even with his couple of TO's, I have a feeling he would be our best option to drive and dish. And i'd probably want him to dish it to KL if KL was open for a jump shot.

kevin has shown the ability to create his own shot as well and of course he seems to make more imo. as to mitchell, i am sure in a couple of years i would be inclined to answer the question with mitchell's name, but for now, i think the choices are lisch or liddell.

mitchell is electrifying, but he also leads the team in turnovers at this point with a barely positive assits to turnover ratio. kevin on the other hand has some nice passes as well and his a/to is 1.75 right now, i.e. he would not only be the better target to keep it himself, but if defenses collapsed on him, he would find the open man as well.

I want the ball in Mitchell's hands. Even with his couple of TO's, I have a feeling he would be our best option to drive and dish. And i'd probably want him to dish it to KL if KL was open for a jump shot.

I'd give it to Willie Reed. He takes one dribble to the foul lane, elevates and Jordan style dunks from the free throw line.

-i am so wrong?? nope, i have a different opinion

-that you don't like that someone disagrees with your opinion and you say they are wrong is sad

-i am so wrong?? nope, i have a different opinion

-that you don't like that someone disagrees with your opinion and you say they are wrong is sad

so your answer to the hypothetical then is you want liddell to have the ball?

I'd like the ball in TL's hands with 12 seconds left. Imo TL has the ability to create off the dribble and finish the play himself or find the open man, hopefully Kevin. Down 3, I'd still want the ball in TL's hands and I'd be looking to get KL free off of a screen for the final shot.

I'd like the ball in TL's hands with 12 seconds left. Imo TL has the ability to create off the dribble and finish the play himself or find the open man, hopefully Kevin. Down 3, I'd still want the ball in TL's hands and I'd be looking to get KL free off of a screen for the final shot.

No offense, but haven't we been down that road with minimal success?

Additionally, we have tried the KL-handles-the-ball-in-the-final-seconds strategy without much success.

I recall TL turning the ball over when he handles at the end and KL throwing up prayers when he handles it at the end. Of course, KM turned it over near the end against KSU (right?). But I'm sticking with KM, give it to your true pg and let him create. Neither KL or TL are true pgs.

We all know what happens when Tommie gets the ball with 12 seconds left... he dribbles the ball off his foot.

skip, imo, the key to your statement is the word, "ability". i totally agree. as far as pure ability, there is no comparison. liddell by a landslide.

now, let's talk about what they have actually done in the past.

how often has tommie taken control and delivered? i am not denying he has the ability, and has occaisionly done it. but for my money, i am tired of waiting for him to be the man and take over games.

lisch on the other hand is stone cold hardcore, "give me the ball and let me get this done".

liddell is a wonderful talent and i admit we seem to see more and more of an inclination to try to be more assertive. but i think he can be a heck of a lot more than what he has shown todate. until he is at that level all the time, i'll take lisch.