Femi is redshirting

GoBills

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think Femi's Mom is a big fan of science but not really a good speller and his name should really be Fermi?

Hey what do you expect from The A Bomb?

i thought we agreed last week that if one played in the harris stowe game they could not redshirt, thus the reason daniel lisch didnt play last week. but now femi can? i am not following.

What happened to all the so-called insiders who SWORE no one other than Daniel was redshirting? It just goes to show you that no one really knows all the scoop which is a good thing. Rick is smart to play his cards very close to his chest. This redshirt makes sense for several reasons. Glad to see it was done.

P.S. For those who complain about individuals leaving the game early, if you had been sitting right in front of the guy I sat in front of, you would have left early too - that or you would have committed suicide. This guy ran his mouth the entire time. He never shut up. Not cheering, just a nonstop stream of consciousness blathering. I am either moving my seats or buying earplugs. It's going to be a loooooooong season. Sigh.

I am virtually certain that playing in an exhibition game does not mean you cannot redshirt.

and if that is the case (which i believed as well until someone posted something last week from the ncaa that led us to believe otherwise) there was no excuse for rickma not letting daniel get a few minutes last week.

This is a good move. The seven man freshman class is now 6. Coach said that with Lisch and Liddell and the other frosh are ahead of him, he wasn't going to get any playing time. Plus he is young for his class and he can really focus on his outside shot.

I agree with this too. We are good at the guard position this year. This gives him another year for his shot, but also to learn the system. This is great for Femi and he will be good in a couple years.

Well, I think the family is originally from Nigeria or someplace in Africa. It's pronounced FAY-me.

It was no suprise that Guy Phillips didn't know that during the HS game. I remember thinking at the time it would have been nice if he would have done the prep to make sure he knew how to say one of our player's name correctly. I guess that is too much to ask for from him.

and if that is the case (which i believed as well until someone posted something last week from the ncaa that led us to believe otherwise) there was no excuse for rickma not letting daniel get a few minutes last week.

Roy why did Rickma have an obligation to get a kid in that won't ever play a game for SLU? Isn't more important for him to get as much playing time for kids that will actually play for SLU? I would say it is Majerous obligation not to play the kid. Isn't $40,000+ of tuition enough thanks to the Lisch family and Daniel?

Roy why did Rickma have an obligation to get a kid in that won't ever play a game for SLU? Isn't more important for him to get as much playing time for kids that will actually play for SLU? I would say it is Majerous obligation not to play the kid. Isn't $40,000+ of tuition enough thanks to the Lisch family and Daniel?

to be fair andre craig and jonathon parker both played

I'm still surprised that I'm the only one who's a bit pissed off that Daniel Lisch is on scholarship on the student's/alumni tab.

STLHI, are you sure Femi's related to Will?

three frickin minutes vs a glorified high school team would have made that much difference? come on brian.

And they are not scholarship players. Getting them in the game is one of the few thank yous that they can receive. They aren't getting their tuition paid for.

so it is ok to waste minutes on the walkons in the exhibition game but not the redshirt. got it.

Guest BillikenReport

Femi John is Will John's cousin. Femi and Will’s fathers came from Nigeria.

Also, Femi turned 18 on June 5 I think, so he's a year younger than most of his classmates.

I talked to one of the assistant coaches about the issue with playing a freshman in an exhibition game and then redshirting him and he said that is the case, but that you can't play an older player (like a sophomore) in an exhibition and still redshirt him.

I have no idea why D. Lisch didn't play in the exhibition game. That was his one chance.

so it is ok to waste minutes on the walkons in the exhibition game but not the redshirt. got it.

If I was the coach I would have played D. Lisch, but I am not going to act like it is some kind of crime against humanity that Rickma didn't play him. He is getting a free year of education from the coach that he wouldn't have been getting otherwise. He doesn't owe him a damn thing.

If I was the coach I would have played D. Lisch, but I am not going to act like it is some kind of crime against humanity that Rickma didn't play him. He is getting a free year of education from the coach that he wouldn't have been getting otherwise. He doesn't owe him a damn thing.

you are right, and rickma likes for everyone to know it. it's all about rickma.

you are right, and rickma likes for everyone to know it. it's all about rickma.

Roy,

I disagree - you want everyone to think it is all about Rickma. Absent your making an issue out of this I think most fans would never have noticed it. Why Rick did it is his call, but in light of the generosity he has shown by giving this kid a scholarship so he can play for a year with his brother, during his brother's senior year - so that whole family can enjoy it - to criticize Rick for not playing him and saying this was Rickma's way of showing that it is all about Rickma is sure overlooking all he has down for the kid and his family.

I think it shows your true feelings for Rickma, not Rickma's feelings for the kid.

Guest BillikenReport

I think it shows your true feelings for Rickma, not Rickma's feelings for the kid.

Majerus said during the A-10 Media Day stuff that Daniel "had the eye of the tiger." That's one of the highest compliments Majerus will give someone.

The Lisch family should be pleased that the coach gave D. Lisch a scholarship for one year. The kid was going to Fontbonne otherwise.