OT - 2 SLU opponents open regular season today.

saluki762

Just think how Roundtree, Booker and John must feel!

Don't forget BT returning home. He should be excited as well. I hope he can take what the crowd will have for him without crying. :)

I will be making the trip from STL to Carbondale to enjoy the game with my father, I am quite excited about it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the history. Where are the "great players" in the NBA? Where are the "great teams" with Final Four appearances? I am jealous of great teams, but not yours. Not jealous of teams we beat last year.

So you are not from Carbondale and just a basketball fan, yet you are on a SLU bball message board beating the drum for SIU basketball and you are telling somebody else to "get a life"? ...

i don't get how you really bash SIU seeing that we beat you pretty regularly... and the fact that we're a consistent team in the NCAA tournament... when was the last time you went to the tourney and won a game let alone go to the Sweet 16 if ever?

i don't get how you really bash SIU seeing that we beat you pretty regularly... and the fact that we're a consistent team in the NCAA tournament... when was the last time you went to the tourney and won a game let alone go to the Sweet 16 if ever?

How was I bashing SIU? Follow along waterboy. When did I ever say SLU was "great"? I didn't. Calling SIU "great" with "great" players is a joke. If you had so many "great" players I would think that you would have a long list of NBA players.

SIU wins 80-73.

No way.

If this was late in the season, Duke would have trouble getting "up" for the SIU-C hayseeds from MVC, and it could be interesting.

But this is early in the season, Duke will be "up", and beat SIU-C handily.

Don't forget BT returning home. He should be excited as well. I hope he can take what the crowd will have for him without crying. :angry:

I will be making the trip from STL to Carbondale to enjoy the game with my father, I am quite excited about it.

Man that ride home will really be a bummer for you.

Are the Carbondale fans planning anything special for the Messiah's first college game at SIU Arena?

Most basketball programs fly charter. Doesnt St louis u also??

When going to carbondale fly in airport I would say is closer that Lambert. Very nice airport and used the college. Sure they take the very short bus trip from there, as most progams do.

All teams have to get to the arena they are playing at

Know flying into lambert is no short drive. And for the scenery that is one of the worst scenery I have ever seen going into a city.....no it is the worst sceneryI have ever been through.Scary actually.

Asked some people in st louis about it.and they say yes it has been the same for years and years.Have never seen so many burnt out areas right on the interstate going to and getting to the arena.

Know when people go to st louis, like Illinois playing in the final four.. or playing missouri....most fly into a airport about 5 minutes from st louis in Illinois. Cannot think of the airport but think it is in a town with an indian name.

Also talked to someone who knew some people from u mass, said u mass was there for two games.

Heard the head coach and players raved about the area.

Know they said it was beautiful country..reminded the coach of some areas in their area.

Even the small drive to the campus the players were raving about the area and the lakes.

Also heard they went to garden of the gods which is some more beautiful country. Also some of the many many lakes in the area....and might of even stayed on the lake on campus.

Also Giant city state park......heard the players all fell in love with the area.

Do know for a fact that they were treated very well and had a great time.....except for the loss I am sure.

You saying oleans and places like that......How do you do that?? Flying to different airports and getting on buses for long drives like that must really suck for st. louis u.

Hooterville, errr, Carbondale has a terrific airport. I'm sure that UMass was so blinded by the lovely nature that they weren't ready to play the game. It must be a big advantage for SIUC, kind of like the University of Hawaii. :angry:

How was I bashing SIU? Follow along waterboy. When did I ever say SLU was "great"? I didn't. Calling SIU "great" with "great" players is a joke. If you had so many "great" players I would think that you would have a long list of NBA players.

Nothing like an early season home-court win over a fairly decent A10 team to bring out the SIUC fans on this board! Do SLU fans waste this much time on the Carbondale board?

(wow, ace and I are on the same side twice in one week. maybe this will be a breakthrough season for SLU!)

No way.

If this was late in the season, Duke would have trouble getting "up" for the SIU-C hayseeds from MVC, and it could be interesting.

But this is early in the season, Duke will be "up", and beat SIU-C handily.

It would probably better if SIU played them the first weekend of the NCAA Tounament. They have been having trouble getting "up" for those games the last two years. SIU has a been to the sweet sixteen more recently than Duke.

Hooterville, errr, Carbondale has a terrific airport. I'm sure that UMass was so blinded by the lovely nature that they weren't ready to play the game. It must be a big advantage for SIUC, kind of like the University of Hawaii. :angry:

Footsie must know about all the burnt out areas and closed for years falling buildings going from st louis airport to downtown.

Sorry the teams you play do not think the ride is so great.

Maybe you could help clean it up instead of being on here all the time, then you wouldnt have to look at it all the time.

Footsie must know about all the burnt out areas and closed for years falling buildings going from st louis airport to downtown.

Sorry the teams you play do not think the ride is so great.

Maybe you could help clean it up instead of being on here all the time, then you wouldnt have to look at it all the time.

Have you ever ridden from the airport in New Orleans? Or Houston Hobby? Or Chicago Midway? Oh wait, that might require having a profession.!

I've been to Carbondale. It's a horrible place,

Have you ever ridden from the airport in New Orleans? Or Houston Hobby? Or Chicago Midway? Oh wait, that might require having a profession.!

I've been to Carbondale. It's a horrible place,

Heard umass loved it.

I have been to carbondale also...beautiful countryside.

Anytime you want to bet who has been to more places....United States and Abroad let me know footsie.

I will take that bet and your money.....

Also since you talk so big on this board, anytime you want to match paychecks I will take your money on that too.

You seem to mouth off alot about places.....do not think I would if I was you......st louis was and may still be the murder capital of the United States.

So dont be talking ###### with your bigmouth

We could meet in a safe area and exchange those paychecks there bud

And bring witnesses, just let me know

It would probably better if SIU played them the first weekend of the NCAA Tounament. They have been having trouble getting "up" for those games the last two years. SIU has a been to the sweet sixteen more recently than Duke.

Coach K being a Illinois native, chicago weber..not a bad basketball player when he played for his high school team either. He knows and has known about the salukis since his grade school days....FACT

Also knows many saluki alumi and current players.

Has known point guard Bryan Mullins and his family for years also

Mr. Mullins is one of the outstanding AAU coaches in the state and the country.

Mike has known and watch Mr. Mullins teams for years. Has recruited his players at Duke.

Outstanding AAU teams every year and great citizens.

Bryan is a 4.0 student since starting school and has the 4.0 all the way through college. An outstanding young man

You are right about SIU and the sweet sixteen and Duke

Dont think it doesnt stick in his crawl when Coach K comes back home and hears about it

Esp from his own brother and family and friends

st louis was and may still be the murder capital of the United States.

that's not a fair statement. carbondalites dont have a chance for that title. they are too f'd up on meth to be able to hold a gun or a knife.

that's not a fair statement. carbondalites dont have a chance for that title. they are too f'd up on meth to be able to hold a gun or a knife.

This from someone who lives in Belleville :lol: , the two towns are eerily similar Roy. Only Belleville has a larger population so there is an even larger number of scum who live there.

Wow. As silly as Basketball Country painted himself to be in this thread - Roy just blew him out of the water. Belleville less Methy/cracky than Carbondale? I've lived in both cities and I will swear on my mother's grave that Belleville is much MUCH more effed up than Carbondale ever will be.

Wow. As silly as Basketball Country painted himself to be in this thread - Roy just blew him out of the water. Belleville less Methy/cracky than Carbondale? I've lived in both cities and I will swear on my mother's grave that Belleville is much MUCH more effed up than Carbondale ever will be.

i think you are wrong on meth arrests in belleville.