FYI: Majerus on Fox 2 Sports Final Tonight - 11/9

Interview with Martin Kilcoyne on Fox 2. Sports Final is at the end of the 9pm newscast.

Marty tried to give Rick a hard time about being unavailable to the local media. Rick challenged him saying he has given 9 talks/interviews in the last 2 weeks. He spoke of the event he did at the Chase and charity work in Wisconsin. Spoke highly of Kevin and Tommie. Loves our new building. Likes our freshmen but says they are freshmen. Rick wore a nice blue tee shirt with a Billiken on it. I thought he only did black for the slimming effect. Good interview.

Martin is simply being self-serving for his tv and radio programs and h is at least talking about Majerus and SLU. SLU needs to do a better job with its PR and marketing people, SID, etc...to stay on top of the media.

Martin and Rick are fellow Marquette U grads. Martin will give Rick and SLU plenty of positive pub when warranted.

I saw Majerus at the Fountain on Locust on Saturday night. He was making phone calls and texting while eating an ice cream cone. Always working!

Box...i have heard good things about the fountain, i have not been there, what are your thoughts? is it more than just ice cream?

Box...i have heard good things about the fountain, i have not been there, what are your thoughts? is it more than just ice cream?

My wife and I absolutely love it. The interior is awesome - it's an old car dealership that now has a really cool art deco motif. They have all kinds of soups, salads, sandwiches, etc., but I've only gone there for ice cream, which is really good. We usually go there after having dinner somewhere else (on Saturday, we went to Three Monkeys on Morganford), so we've never actually tried the food, but I'm sure it's pretty good. They have a liquor license, which is always a plus. The owner is really nice and always stops by to say hello.

Martin is simply being self-serving for his tv and radio programs and h is at least talking about Majerus and SLU. SLU needs to do a better job with its PR and marketing people, SID, etc...to stay on top of the media.

Martin and Rick are fellow Marquette U grads. Martin will give Rick and SLU plenty of positive pub when warranted.

Courtside.

While I agree with you and I freely admit that I have not been a fan of the athletic department, I will give credit where credit is due:

1. Was quite pleased to open the sports page of the paper the other day and see Chris May's face and the on-line chat at 1:00 pm. Sure, there were technical difficulities causing it to get started late (and I suspect end earlier than scheduled) and sure the answers were canned, weak and often non-responsive (my question and others were not answered); however, SLU got its name out as a topic and a face other than RM at that!! Good job, SLU.

2. RM coincidentally did a local interview with Kilcoyne who had been ragging on him/SLU. Hopefully, the days of the media taking our head coach for granted are over as well.

Hopefully 2 signs of more to come.

Courtside.

While I agree with you and I freely admit that I have not been a fan of the athletic department, I will give credit where credit is due:

1. Was quite pleased to open the sports page of the paper the other day and see Chris May's face and the on-line chat at 1:00 pm. Sure, there were technical difficulities causing it to get started late (and I suspect end earlier than scheduled) and sure the answers were canned, weak and often non-responsive (my question and others were not answered); however, SLU got its name out as a topic and a face other than RM at that!! Good job, SLU.

2. RM coincidentally did a local interview with Kilcoyne who had been ragging on him/SLU. Hopefully, the days of the media taking our head coach for granted are over as well.

Hopefully 2 signs of more to come.

Just to add, he was also on Sports Plus last sunday talking about the freshmen, the upcoming season, etc... He did say that when SLU wins the White Castles taste like Kobe beef- I thought that was kinda funny. It was about a 10 minute interview.

Just to add another comment, getting Chris May's photo on the top left corner of the sports page and promoting a post-dispatch online chat with him did not cost millions of dollars of advertising. Hopefully, a similar arrangment can be made late next summer for the soccer team, etc. Believe similar low cost exposure was available during RM's initial months on the job and with the construction/dedication of the Chaveitz. Oh well, better late than never.

My wife and I absolutely love it. The interior is awesome - it's an old car dealership that now has a really cool art deco motif. They have all kinds of soups, salads, sandwiches, etc., but I've only gone there for ice cream, which is really good. We usually go there after having dinner somewhere else (on Saturday, we went to Three Monkeys on Morganford), so we've never actually tried the food, but I'm sure it's pretty good. They have a liquor license, which is always a plus. The owner is really nice and always stops by to say hello.

Hahahaha, by the fountain I thought you meant just one of the many fountains on SLU's campus. Like he was just sitting there indian-style, wearing flip flops and stuffing his face.

For all of you of a certain age on this board who grew up here, the owners are Ron Stevens and Joy Grdnic, K-SHE deejays of the 1970s. (Yes, "Joy in the Morning.") Ron runs their radio-comedy syndication network from upstairs in the building. They're super folks.