OT-cards need pitching help

Perhaps you're right. I would be in favor of giving Springer a shot at it. FranklIzzy is not the answer. I wouln't be opposed to giving McClellan a shot either. He really has electric stuff at times.

shut the hell up.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

shut the hell up.

Roy, birthday or not, offended or not, 15,000 posts or 100, you're not above censure. Why declare a war you can't win? Everyone is wrong sometimes. Wise people admit and learn from their errors. Not to come off as arrogant, but I was chosen as a moderator because I'd demonstrated the ability to be impartial. You reported a post, I weighed the evidence, and I made a judgment.

Bottom line: I can suspend you just as I could suspend Postcard, and I can delete your posts just as I can delete his. Your crusade may not garner the result you're expecting.

Uh, thanks -- I guess. Guess I'm wearing that shoe, huh?

This particular 'joke' is pretty weak, but it's no secret that Postcard goes out of his way to be a dick toward Roy. I guess this one particular instance was the straw that broke the camels back. Postcard is obviously instigating this whole thing by the follow up posts.

Amen. Nice basket catch by Dunc Jr. in LF last night - I almost had a heart attack.

Somehow Ryan Braun, who was just converted to a left fielder this season, does not seem to have the same problems in the field that Duncan still has after two and a half years in the league.

I was actually surprised that Braun took the long term deal with the Brewers for less money than he could get sooner elsewhere if stays healthy. It gives Braun instant financial security, but helps the Brewers a lot to keep a great hitter for several more years.

Now Sheets, Sabathia....are likely gone. And Fielder has been on the outs with management off and on....so despite a still deep minor league talent pool, the Brewers are going for it this year and they should.

At this point if they want to contend the best move might be to sign Bonds and just try to outscore everybody. I am not a Barry fan, but lets cut the BS. We have had far worse people cheered in a Cardinal uniform than Barry.

Cards have blown 23 saves so far. I think it's pretty clear where their needs are.

Roy, birthday or not, offended or not, 15,000 posts or 100, you're not above censure. Why declare a war you can't win? Everyone is wrong sometimes. Wise people admit and learn from their errors. Not to come off as arrogant, but I was chosen as a moderator because I'd demonstrated the ability to be impartial. You reported a post, I weighed the evidence, and I made a judgment.

Bottom line: I can suspend you just as I could suspend Postcard, and I can delete your posts just as I can delete his. Your crusade may not garner the result you're expecting.

Thicks you are a moderator on a message board.........get over yourself already.

The impartiality line is funny coming from a the guy who tried to bait Roy with a thread of his own.

Thicks you are a moderator on a message board.........get over yourself already.

What you say?! I AM DICTATOR FOR LIFE. No one posts unless I say so, and it must be in agreement with me!!!

The impartiality line is funny coming from a the guy who tried to bait Roy with a thread of his own.

I wasn't baiting Roy; rather, I was recognizing his birthday while trying to be funny. I would have expected you, of all people, to understand. Even so, please explain to me what I've done that wasn't equitable, so that I may correct my fault.

What you say?! I AM DICTATOR FOR LIFE. No one posts unless I say so, and it must be in agreement with me!!!

I wasn't baiting Roy; rather, I was recognizing his birthday while trying to be funny. I would have expected you, of all people, to understand. Even so, please explain to me what I've done that wasn't equitable, so that I may correct my fault.

What kind of reaction did you think you were going to get out of Roy when you start a thread spotlighting a guy he can't stand taking a shot a him on his birthday? If this was an attempt at comedy it was as lame as Postcard's.

This is not the only time you have made it known that you can suspend people when they have a problem with you....good for you. You are pretty cool.

Perhaps you're right. I would be in favor of giving Springer a shot at it. FranklIzzy is not the answer. I wouln't be opposed to giving McClellan a shot either. He really has electric stuff at times.

George Sherril of the Orioles is reportedly available. Need to make a big push for him. With the Mariners throwing in the towel why not inquire about JJ Putz? Guy was absolutely lights out the past 2 seasons and now the M's are experimenting with Brandon Morrow as their closer as they look to the future.

23 blown saves, most in the majors. Uggh!

What kind of reaction did you think you were going to get out of Roy when you start a thread spotlighting a guy he can't stand taking a shot a him on his birthday? If this was an attempt at comedy it was as lame as Postcard's.

This is not the only time you have made it known that you can suspend people when they have a problem with you....good for you. You are pretty cool.

I question your interpretation of my statements. I have never disciplined anyone for "having a problem" with me, and I will never discipline anyone for that. I can't recall threatening to suspend anyone because of having a problem with me or my having a problem with them. Some people are paranoid -- perhaps even me.

George Sherril of the Orioles is reportedly available. Need to make a big push for him. With the Mariners throwing in the towel why not inquire about JJ Putz? Guy was absolutely lights out the past 2 seasons and now the M's are experimenting with Brandon Morrow as their closer as they look to the future.

What would you consider a big push?

Have you really looked at this guy?

He's a 31 year old pitcher with 170 career innings

Last year his pre all star game era was 1.28 post all star game 4.09 28 innings pre 17 post for a career high 45 innings

He pitched 39 innings before the break this year on June 24th with 34 innings pitched his era wa 3.09 it's now 3.89. He has given up runs in 4 of his last 8 outings and has blown saves in 3 out of his last 8. His has given up 6 er's in his last 6 2/3 innings. His whip is a not so nice 1.42.

He may get it together and finish the year great, but the signs sure don't point that way .... I would consider him a sizeable gamble, and I wouldn't gamble alot. On the plus side he doesn't make a lot and you'd have him for 2 more years.

i would add Pineiro to the list; unfortunately, I saw him again the other night when they lost in 10 innings. He is great the first time they see him and then he comes out and throws ropes 90 mph and looks like a batting practice pitcher-he needs to

go to the bullpen or start using starter by committee assignments, again we have a lot of guys who can't give us 7 innings

i would add Pineiro to the list; unfortunately, I saw him again the other night when they lost in 10 innings. He is great the first time they see him and then he comes out and throws ropes 90 mph and looks like a batting practice pitcher-he needs to

go to the bullpen or start using starter by committee assignments, again we have a lot of guys who can't give us 7 innings

This is the reason the Red Sox tried to make him a closer.

What would you consider a big push?

Have you really looked at this guy?

He's a 31 year old pitcher with 170 career innings

Last year his pre all star game era was 1.28 post all star game 4.09 28 innings pre 17 post for a career high 45 innings

He pitched 39 innings before the break this year on June 24th with 34 innings pitched his era wa 3.09 it's now 3.89. He has given up runs in 4 of his last 8 outings and has blown saves in 3 out of his last 8. His has given up 6 er's in his last 6 2/3 innings. His whip is a not so nice 1.42.

He may get it together and finish the year great, but the signs sure don't point that way .... I would consider him a sizeable gamble, and I wouldn't gamble alot. On the plus side he doesn't make a lot and you'd have him for 2 more years.

he's still done a better job than the Izzy/Franklin trainwreck. I've watched Sherril the past few years, he was a set up man for the M's, he's got good stuff, not great, but in regards to who has been mentioned as available, he may be the best option. 29 saves is still 29 saves. Guys can get it together late too, last year Fuentes was an all-star before blowing 4 straight saves, got the hook, has since regained his spot. Maybe the guy he replaced, Manny Corpas? A change of scenery did Brad Lidge well.

The problem with Piniero, who takes his place in the rotation right now?

he's still done a better job than the Izzy/Franklin trainwreck. I've watched Sherril the past few years, he was a set up man for the M's, he's got good stuff, not great, but in regards to who has been mentioned as available, he may be the best option. 29 saves is still 29 saves. Guys can get it together late too, last year Fuentes was an all-star before blowing 4 straight saves, got the hook, has since regained his spot. Maybe the guy he replaced, Manny Corpas? A change of scenery did Brad Lidge well.

The problem with Piniero, who takes his place in the rotation right now?

I agree he hasn't been bad, but I won't be even a little surprised if he doesn't have a good second half. I wouldn't mind having him, I just wouldn't give up much. You said a "big push" I'm curious as to what you would call big ... who would you give up? Jess Todd? Who apparently the Rangers want for Guardado, How funny is that?

I agree he hasn't been bad, but I won't be even a little surprised if he doesn't have a good second half. I wouldn't mind having him, I just wouldn't give up much. You said a "big push" I'm curious as to what you would call big ... who would you give up? Jess Todd? Who apparently the Rangers want for Guardado, How funny is that?

well, big push to me means be aggressive, make it known they are interested and try to work something out, without giving up too much, of course. Moving to the NL would be advantageous for him as well.

Please, please tell me you are joking in regards to interest in Guardado! ;)

well, big push to me means be aggressive, make it known they are interested and try to work something out, without giving up too much, of course. Moving to the NL would be advantageous for him as well.

Please, please tell me you are joking in regards to interest in Guardado! ;)

It was in the post the Cards had an interest, but the Rangers wanted Jess Todd. To be honest, I'd have to think long and hard before giving up Todd for Sherrill.

I'd probably have the most interest in Fuentes, without doing any research on him.

I'm really just leary about trading much of our future away, when in my heart, I don't think the Cards will be there in the end just adding mid line closer or middle reliever.

If I was looking to make a trade, I'd be trying to engage Baltimore in talks about Roberts and possibly Sherrill together. Roberts is a real leadoff guy and would give our lineup a much better look. Adding Roberts to the top of the order and if we get lucky and get Carp and Wainright back pitching well ... I'd say we have a good shot.

Ainkel, Pujols, Ludwick, and Glaus are much more difficult to pitch to with Roberts on and a threat to steal.

It was in the post the Cards had an interest, but the Rangers wanted Jess Todd. To be honest, I'd have to think long and hard before giving up Todd for Sherrill.

I'd probably have the most interest in Fuentes, without doing any research on him.

I'm really just leary about trading much of our future away, when in my heart, I don't think the Cards will be there in the end just adding mid line closer or middle reliever.

If I was looking to make a trade, I'd be trying to engage Baltimore in talks about Roberts and possibly Sherrill together. Roberts is a real leadoff guy and would give our lineup a much better look. Adding Roberts to the top of the order and if we get lucky and get Carp and Wainright back pitching well ... I'd say we have a good shot.

Ainkel, Pujols, Ludwick, and Glaus are much more difficult to pitch to with Roberts on and a threat to steal.

Can't disagree. If you can keep Todd and get a Sherrill or Roberts then great. Todd for Guardado would be a brutal trade. I'm a Cards fan 2nd and a Tigers fan first and having watched the Tigers trade away some good young talent for some guys not working out (Renteria and Willis, can't complain with Cabrerra) I know where you are coming from.

However, I am leery of pinning too much hope on "top prospects." Wasn't John Gall the future of the Cards? What ever happened to John Rodrieguez as well? Then again, don't give them away for what equates to a rent a player.