Ruben gets his score!

I turned on 1380 this afternoon at the tail end of Strickland's Daily Buzz segment, and right as he was signing off he, Bernie, and Randy mentioned something relating to Ruben. Something must have been said earlier in the segment regarding Ruben, though I got the idea that it may have largely centered on that some SLU fans must have complained about Strickland's reporting.

Anyway, did anyone catch the entire segment and remember what was said?

Bernie mentioned that he was getting discussion on the Press Box about Strickland's previous comments about Ruben. Strickland stated that he called his Billiken source and stands behind his report that Ruben has not qualified at this time.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bernie mentioned that he was getting discussion on the Press Box about Strickland's previous comments about Ruben. Strickland stated that he called his Billiken source and stands behind his report that Ruben has not qualified at this time.

Of course Cotto has not qualified at this time - the official scores have not been sent out yet to the schools and the NCAA has not officially cleared him as meeting the requirements. This comment by Strickland tells us nothing.

Interesting but not good to hear.

Guest BillikenReport

Nate, have you been able to contact Cotto? I would think he would be happy to tell evryone if he has in fact obtained a necessary score to be elibigle.

He may be at the all-star game tomorrow. I'll talk to him then if he's there.

Interesting but not good to hear.

Wh is it not good to hear? The scores have not been released to the schools yet. The only one who knows is RC and he says he got the score. That is good enough for me. I will take that over someone who is breaking the law by relaying to Strickland info on Rueben.

the school cant say anything that isnt official. strickland knows that. strickland wants this to die down and then hopefully no one will bring it back to him when cotto wear's billiken blue next fall.

we need to make sure strickland gets his butt fried when it indeed becomes official.

the school cant say anything that isnt official. strickland knows that. strickland wants this to die down and then hopefully no one will bring it back to him when cotto wear's billiken blue next fall.

we need to make sure strickland gets his butt fried when it indeed becomes official.

I agee with you Roy. If RC is in fact eligible, he should be made accountable for his statements.

Of course Cotto has not qualified at this time - the official scores have not been sent out yet to the schools and the NCAA has not officially cleared him as meeting the requirements. This comment by Strickland tells us nothing.

Exactly, he has everything..it just needs to be cleared. Thank you! Give it several weeks.

would it have been that unreasonable for strickland to ask cotto about his situation? especially after yesterday when strickland was getting flak for possibly being wrong.

would it have been that unreasonable for strickland to ask cotto about his situation? especially after yesterday when strickland was getting flak for possibly being wrong.

Are you suggestion that a scoup reporter actually talk with the kid who is the subject of his story? :P

I will not forget Strickland and would be happy to help keep the pressure on him.

Maybe Strickland's source was SS601. Or, maybe Strickland is SS601. Ahhh.... it's all making sense now. ;)

It's really good to read that everyone is so excited about RC making the score on the ACT. WRONG!!!! There is no truth in that statement. Do you morons honestly think that RC would tell everyone that he didn't make the score? He's a KID! You idiots are really reaching. The fact is that RC is considering prep school next year and maybe even JUCO. SLU doesn't want him to attend either because they won't have a chance on him if he does. Oh yeah, WR won't qualify either! OOOPS,

I'm sorry, WR said that he did.(LOL) Grow up people!

The Great SS601 has spoken!!!!!

Maybe Strickland's source was SS601. Or, maybe Strickland is SS601. Ahhh.... it's all making sense now. :)

It's really good to read that everyone is so excited about RC making the score on the ACT. WRONG!!!! There is no truth in that statement. Do you morons honestly think that RC would tell everyone that he didn't make the score? He's a KID! You idiots are really reaching. The fact is that RC is considering prep school next year and maybe even JUCO. SLU doesn't want him to attend either because they won't have a chance on him if he does. Oh yeah, WR won't qualify either! OOOPS,

Why hasn't this guy been banned yet?? He is worse than most of the guys that have banned or suspended on here. Please, somebody take care him. No fan of the program, or decent human being, would take so much joy in the life altering events SS601 is taking so lightly. Especially after they have both been pretty much debunked. Hell, Willie is already taking classes at SLU.

Why hasn't this guy been banned yet?? He is worse than most of the guys that have banned or suspended on here. Please, somebody take care him. No fan of the program, or decent human being, would take so much joy in the life altering events SS601 is taking so lightly. Especially after they have both been pretty much debunked. Hell, Willie is already taking classes at SLU.

Agree, get rid of this guy!!!

Nashville,

It's good to know that I get under your skin that much. Thanks for informing me. Banning me from this board is something you really don't want to do. I am the theTRUE source of material that you are not getting. It's time for you RM lovers to stop running from the truth and admitt that SLU isn't going to be very good. RM has to be the worst hire in SLU history! RM is the exact same as Notre Dame football coach Charlie Weiss. Both came in with big reputations as winners and have done nothing but been the laughing stock their profession. Both still think they can win with a bunch of smart kids without any talent. WRONG!!! When Romar left SLU and Willingham left Notre Dame both programs hit rock bottom! Rick and Charlie even look alike!(LOL)

The great SS601 has spoken!!!!

Nashville,

It's good to know that I get under your skin that much. Thanks for informing me. Banning me from this board is something you really don't want to do. I am the theTRUE source of material that you are not getting. It's time for you RM lovers to stop running from the truth and admitt that SLU isn't going to be very good. RM has to be the worst hire in SLU history! RM is the exact same as Notre Dame football coach Charlie Weiss. Both came in with big reputations as winners and have done nothing but been the laughing stock their profession. Both still think they can win with a bunch of smart kids without any talent. WRONG!!! When Romar left SLU and Willingham left Notre Dame both programs hit rock bottom! Rick and Charlie even look alike!(LOL)

Charlie Weiss had never been a head coach before.

Nashville,

You don't get under my skin. I would imagine you don't even believe half the crap you write on here. What you are doing though is constantly and consistently making completely inappropriate comments about our players. It's one thing to give an honest opinion of a coach we pay millions of dollars to. It's another to take great pride in one of our players struggling academically. You actually have the balls to say Rick is the worst hire in SLU history. Hey, the word is still out on if he is the BEST, but I think it is proven beyond a doubt that he is not the WOST.

For lack of a better term, I'd just call you a scum bag. There is no need for you around here.

You don't get under my skin. I would imagine you don't even believe half the crap you write on here. What you are doing though is constantly and consistently making completely inappropriate comments about our players. It's one thing to give an honest opinion of a coach we pay millions of dollars to. It's another to take great pride in one of our players struggling academically. You actually have the balls to say Rick is the worst hire in SLU history. Hey, the word is still out on if he is the BEST, but I think it is proven beyond a doubt that he is not the WOST.

For lack of a better term, I'd just call you a scum bag. There is no need for you around here.

Nashville,

You even responding to my post indicates that I'm getting to you! Yes, RM was a terrible hire and I'm going to continue to speak on it. I think it's truly an honor for you to call me a scum bag. I'm serious!!!

Nashville,

Classic troll. Steve, David, do your duty.

Nashville,

what stories have you broken so far?

Tee,

Why are you involving these SLU students? Leave them out of this!

bud, your screen name happens to be the name of a korean boy band. you can make fun of SLU all you want, but the facts are in that your "great ss601" is a pretty gay name.