Thanks Marc

bg

You've caught a lot of grief from some of the vocal minority, but speaking olnly for myself, I appreciate your contributions over the past few days. Agree with much of what you've said, have a couple disagreements, and find nothing you've said to be invalid or offensive. Those who feel differently have the option of ignoring your posts. I hope you revisit us on a regular basis.

I'd also thank MArc for his non-pissing-match posts of the past few days. Despite his BillikenLaw style condescention, his is an interesting perspective......

I say we find out where he lives, go to his house and piss on his dog to show our new found passion for Billiken basketball. I'm leaving right after work on my way to Austin, anybody want to come along, with a couple more people we can cause some real damage. Damn right I'm passionate. Who's in.

I say we find out where he lives, go to his house and piss on his dog to show our new found passion for Billiken basketball. I'm leaving right after work on my way to Austin, anybody want to come along, with a couple more people we can cause some real damage. Damn right I'm passionate. Who's in.

Free trip to Austin? I'm in.

That's what I'm talking about! Way to man up. :rolleyes:

Free trip to Austin? I'm in.

Who the f..k said free. I can piss on the dog by myself. At $3.60 a gallon ... you're going to have to pony up for your fair share. Passion isn't free ... at least not the last time I rode down route 3 it wasn't.

Thanks guys for showing me the error of my ways ... I feel so much more passionate now.

Who the f..k said free. I can piss on the dog by myself. At $3.60 a gallon ... you're going to have to pony up for your fair share. Passion isn't free ... at least not the last time I rode down route 3 it wasn't.

Thanks guys for showing me the error of my ways ... I feel so much more passionate now.

At $3.60 a gallon it might be cheaper to fly Marc in and throw him an appreciation bash.

Well, i thought your first post was a sarcastic joke. But with that last line, maybe you actually think we are advocating that type of behavior.

All we're saying is that when a local kid decides to leave, we don't have to kiss his ass. Making the guy feel bad about it is a good thing. If we present an image that locals should feel an obligation to attend the local university, that can only help us. As a matter of fact, Rick compeletely agrees. He is constantly talking about "making SLU St. Louis' school". Telling the kids not to worry about it and we can understand does NOT help that concept. The only reason we're "trashing" Josh is because he has done a number of things to warrant it. That won't be the case for the most part. But this notion that if we don't kiss the recruits ass and wish him luck when he leaves us hangin, we're somehow classless...is bull****. We need to change the culture.

You know......

Passion isn't free, no there's a hefty F$@%ing fee, and if we don't put in our buck-o-five, who will?

I found him annoying and condescending and I'm not even a Billiken fan. :rolleyes: Back to lurking.

and see you guys said people from Carbondale were slow. This guys brilliant, without his help you all wouldn't have known it was meant to be a light hearted jab at our disagreement.

So for those of you who didn't know ... we aren't really going to Austin, I still don't agree with you ... I'm sorry for any confusion.

and see you guys said people from Carbondale were slow. This guys brilliant, without his help you all wouldn't have known it was meant to be a light hearted jab at our disagreement.

So for those of you who didn't know ... we aren't really going to Austin, I still don't agree with you ... I'm sorry for any confusion.

You mean I got to unpack? My heart is broken.

Well, i thought your first post was a sarcastic joke. But with that last line, maybe you actually think we are advocating that type of behavior.

All we're saying is that when a local kid decides to leave, we don't have to kiss his ass. Making the guy feel bad about it is a good thing. If we present an image that locals should feel an obligation to attend the local university, that can only help us. As a matter of fact, Rick compeletely agrees. He is constantly talking about "making SLU St. Louis' school". Telling the kids not to worry about it and we can understand does NOT help that concept. The only reason we're "trashing" Josh is because he has done a number of things to warrant it. That won't be the case for the most part. But this notion that if we don't kiss the recruits ass and wish him luck when he leaves us hangin, we're somehow classless...is bull****. We need to change the culture.

I never said we should all wish him luck and kiss his ass ... I said we should forget him and not acknowledge him in any way. Accusing him of crap and all the crying about it makes us look like a bunch of petty sore losers.

We'll just have to disagree. I can assure you and those on here who know me will also ... no one is more passionate about Billiken basketball than I am.

You mean I got to unpack? My heart is broken.

Yes, and I'm deeply sorry. You owe the saluki guy a big Thank you, just think you'd have been packed and waitng out front of Chaifitz for me to pick you up ... just think of how silly you'd feel when I didn't show up. You might have even driven by box's house and been standing there with 3 zip-lock bags of dog poop.

Next time you're going to write something classless about SIU ... pause say thanks to upsaluki and give them a freebe

Yes, and I'm deeply sorry. You owe the saluki guy a big Thank you, just think you'd have been packed and waitng out front of Chaifitz for me to pick you up ... just think of how silly you'd feel when I didn't show up. You might have even driven by box's house and been standing there with 3 zip-lock bags of dog poop.

Next time you're going to write something classless about SIU ... pause say thanks to upsaluki and give them a freebe

UPSaluki is a good dude and the same goes for a lot of their fans. But, I will still probably post something classless about SIUC once the season gets close to rolling around. Hopefully it will be pretty offensive.

It's all I could find...........FREEDOM!!!

If those guys could put out a "clean as they want to be" version of "Team America: World Police" My boys and I would be singing the soundrack on car trips.....

"Montage" has got to be one of the best songs ever. "Pearl Harbor Sucks" is also classic stuff.....

You might have even driven by box's house and been standing there with 3 zip-lock bags of dog poop.

Skip, that gave me a good laugh. I have a mental image of an incredibly dejected Box, just standing outside his house with 3 bags of dog poop. Finally, since no one shows up, he just throws the poop at the next car that drives by and stammers back into the house.

Skip, that gave me a good laugh. I have a mental image of an incredibly dejected Box, just standing outside his house with 3 bags of dog poop. Finally, since no one shows up, he just throws the poop at the next car that drives by and stammers back into the house.

Otherwise known as "a typical Friday night" at La Casa de Box. :rolleyes:

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to eat some Austin Cheese & Crackers from our office vending machine to help heal my wounds.