What did "bernie" do for Josh Harrellson?

Something is wrong with that timeline.

DT was fired on March 7.

Bernie wrote his article on March 29.

JH was released on or about April 10.

If it was such a done deal that JH was going to be released after DT was fired, why did the school allow 3 weeks to pass with no action whatsoever?

Nothing wrong with that timeline at all. DT was fired....WIU wanted to see if there was ANY chance Josh would consider coming if they got the right coach.....They found out there was none.....they released him.

mm

Nothing wrong with that timeline at all. DT was fired....WIU wanted to see if there was ANY chance Josh would consider coming if they got the right coach.....They found out there was none.....they released him.

mm

I guess we all have our own versions of the truth. Yours is that WIU was going to do what they did no matter what, while mine is that they may have done it regardless but they were certainly incentivized to do so after the significant negative publicity they got from Bernie's article. In my mind there is some doubt what would have happened if Bernie hadn't written the article. In your mind there is no doubt.

Its all good.

I guess we all have our own versions of the truth. Yours is that WIU was going to do what they did no matter what, while mine is that they may have done it regardless but they were certainly incentivized to do so after the significant negative publicity they got from Bernie's article. In my mind there is some doubt what would have happened if Bernie hadn't written the article. In your mind there is no doubt.

Its all good.

Well, I guess the question then would be what reasons you have for holding your belief. My belief is based on actual knowledge and conversations with parties involved.

mm

Well, I guess the question then would be what reasons you have for holding your belief. My belief is based on actual knowledge and conversations with parties involved.

mm

and there is zero chance they would have told you what you wanted to hear or what was in their best interests.

mm

People Marc Maggard knows.....

Jesus

Noah

AFROMAN

Posted Image

Things discovered by the Mystery Man Main Master Marc Maggard...

Who Shot JFK.

Where the beef went.

If we landed on the moon

WMD's

Posted Image

If Marc Maggard doesn't know you do you exist?

maggie, could you tell us what gas prices will be in october? also, which horse should we bet on saturday? and last, any insight to the meaning of life? thanks in advance. we have been extremely lucky to have been graced with your visit at billikens.com.

mm

Marc. Not many are disputing that you talked to people at WIU and that WIU would have release JH at some point. Reasons and facts (and I copy Shoe's timetable) for the belief that Bernie was, in fact, instrumental in assisting JH are as follows:

DT was fired on March 7.

Added to this timetable, WIU's new coach, Molinari, was not announced as the new head coach until April 11th - the day after Josh was released. Do you contend that Molinari spoke with Josh prior to being named head coach? Possibly, but I'm not so sure. Seems like WIU and Molinari had more important things to talk about in the days prior to the announcement. Possibly, they asked Molinari in the interview - "What do you want to do with JH?" and Molinari said "cut him" so they did so to close the negative chapter prior to the positive news of their new hire/coach.

In addition, one of our best/most accurate posters (3star) indicated that WIU most likely will not use up all their scholarships again this year. Finally, I have no doubt that WIU would have released JH at some point - most likely AFTER the spring signing period out of spite.

Finally, the timing makes it seem like Bernie did some good.

Marc. Not many are disputing that you talked to people at WIU and that WIU would have release JH at some point. Reasons and facts (and I copy Shoe's timetable) for the belief that Bernie was, in fact, instrumental in assisting JH are as follows:

DT was fired on March 7.

Added to this timetable, WIU's new coach, Molinari, was not announced as the new head coach until April 11th - the day after Josh was released. Do you contend that Molinari spoke with Josh prior to being named head coach? Possibly, but I'm not so sure. Seems like WIU and Molinari had more important things to talk about in the days prior to the announcement. Possibly, they asked Molinari in the interview - "What do you want to do with JH?" and Molinari said "cut him" so they did so to close the negative chapter prior to the positive news of their new hire/coach.

In addition, one of our best/most accurate posters (3star) indicated that WIU most likely will not use up all their scholarships again this year. Finally, I have no doubt that WIU would have released JH at some point - most likely AFTER the spring signing period out of spite.

Finally, the timing makes it seem like Bernie did some good.

Ok, let me put it this way....

Certain schools who were recruiting Josh had conversations with WIU LONG BEFORE any story was written and were told that Josh would be released at the "appropriate time".

And to add to your theory, Josh was released around the 3rd of April, not the day before Molinari was hired.

Still, I am positive that other programs were assured that Josh was going to be released....those programs were holding off other players waiting for the "appropriate time".

mm

Ok, let me put it this way....

Certain schools who were recruiting Josh had conversations with WIU LONG BEFORE any story was written and were told that Josh would be released at the "appropriate time".

And to add to your theory, Josh was released around the 3rd of April, not the day before Molinari was hired.

Still, I am positive that other programs were assured that Josh was going to be released....those programs were holding off other players waiting for the "appropriate time".

mm

Marc, I think you and Courtside need to meet.

Marc, I think you and Courtside need to meet.

no one has ever seen maggie and court in the same room at the same time.

maggie, could you tell us what gas prices will be in october? also, which horse should we bet on saturday? and last, any insight to the meaning of life? thanks in advance. we have been extremely lucky to have been graced with your visit at billikens.com.

Bet on Pyro.

Bet on Pyro.

usually i walk down to the paddock, and look at all the horses. whichever one looks the most like secretariat that is who i bet on. ironically, i havent placed a horse race bet now in 35 years.

btw, if anyone is ever in louisville when it is not derby weekend, the tour at churchill downs is a very very good one to take. i went there with no aspirations other than to kill time on a friday of the cusa conference tourney and left thinking, "that was fascinating".

usually i walk down to the paddock, and look at all the horses. whichever one looks the most like secretariat that is who i bet on. ironically, i havent placed a horse race bet now in 35 years.

btw, if anyone is ever in louisville when it is not derby weekend, the tour at churchill downs is a very very good one to take. i went there with no aspirations other than to kill time on a friday of the cusa conference tourney and left thinking, "that was fascinating".

Also the tour of the H&B baseball factory is very good.

willie, i love that display at the bat factory where you can stand behind a catcher and see a 100 mph randy johnson fastball. that alone is worthy of that tour.