Matt Vogrich

davidlee

After that, I think RM will sign a few transfers and/or jucos leaving us waiting another 10 months before next year's class is finalized.

Most transfers are sophomores who will have to sit out a year before playing their junior year. That would put them in the same class with the seven freshmen we've got this year, which would be disastrous come graduation. As for jucos, if you look back over Majerus's last twenty recruiting classes, I doubt you'd find more than one year where he brought in two jucos. To expect that he will in a time when the juco talent pool is in decline just isn't realistic. And then you've got the NCAA cracking down on the prep school factories, making the fight for players at legit programs more cutthroat than ever.

The departure of these coaches at the height of recruiting season happened at the worst possible time. We really need a break, like a Phillip Gilbert or Darren Brooks bursting onto the local scene his senior year.

Has anyone heard any rumors of local billikens filling a post for RM (Bonner, Frazier, etc.)? I know some of us have batted the idea around, I just wonder if it had any basis in reality.

From what vtime, nate and others say, it sounds like Frazier would make a nice addition to the staff.

Please explain how he "basically has no staff." We have an ex-head coach in Porter Moser and we have Alex Jensen. We lost a video guy and the second and third assistants. Video guy could be replaced by anyone. We don't need a second and third assistant. My guess is that Jensen will simply be promoted. He may just be looking for one more. I can't imagine it being a problem filling any of these spots if RM wants to fill them. Remember that he's got a big budget for assistants and can sell his resume to any young guy who wants a start.

peyton jacks, baby, it's gotta be. sign him up.

Neither are some other shcools around the area. The fact that it is a weaker class this year in the area and the lack of avalible minutes for a couple of years are hurting us I think. SIU is in the same boat as us right now when it comes to '09 kids. Let's see who ends up getting hired and see who they might bring with them before we panic. In most ways it makes little sense to hire somebody now and put the NCAA restrictions on them.

We have yet to land a kid in '09. Several of our targets verbaled to other schools such as Joe Bertrand, Jack Cooley, Kyle Rowley, and Bobby Capobianco. It would be nice to land one. I think by late August, after the July evaluation period, kids will be making decisions.

We have yet to land a kid in '09. Several of our targets verbaled to other schools such as Joe Bertrand, Jack Cooley, Kyle Rowley, and Bobby Capobianco. It would be nice to land one. I think by late August, after the July evaluation period, kids will be making decisions.

that is what I am hoping for us too. Bobby would have been a good fit for both of our programs.

I am not too worried about the short coaching staff right now. My guess is that Paul B's leaving was not a total surprise to RM - Paul B was being considered and interviewing with ESPN and with RM's contacts at ESPN he probably helped grease the skids for Paul B to get hired. That being said, Paul B probably passed off the kids he was working with to Porter M and Alex J. While the ACs are important recruiters, the kid comes because of the head coach and the relationship with the AC is just icing on the cake. I figure like others that AJ will be promoted and that RM may already have his other guy in mind but is waiting for whatever formalities to take place. As far as DOB duties are concerned, I bet RM's administrative asst - I forget her name - is filling in for that role. The grad asst opening is not a big deal.

Read the article on MV in golden.net. Lot of people interested in this kid. We were in there first. Wonder if that means anything. According to Nate not much chance of him coming to SLU.

I read on another board that he has high interest in Wisconsin (his mom is evidently an alum), but they are out of scholarships. He may be waiting to see if something frees up. As with all message board ramblings, take it with a grain of salt.

I read on another board that he has high interest in Wisconsin (his mom is evidently an alum), but they are out of scholarships. He may be waiting to see if something frees up. As with all message board ramblings, take it with a grain of salt.

http://www.chicagohoops.com/articles1/brianstinnette201.html

Add Wake Forest to the fast-growing list of scholarship offers for sizzling-hot Class of 2009 Lake Forest star Matt Vogrich of 17-U Full Package Select.

http://www.chicagohoops.com/articles1/brianstinnette201.html

Add Wake Forest to the fast-growing list of scholarship offers for sizzling-hot Class of 2009 Lake Forest star Matt Vogrich of 17-U Full Package Select.

http://illinois.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=830366

Notes

The Illinois Wolves 16's fell in bracket play after blowing a 13 point lead. Chasson Randle got into foul trouble and they didn't have a point guard.…….Tyler Griffey and Gateway fell in the open bracket tournament. Grifey scored 20 and sources tell us that he didn't settle for jumpers and showed some mettle in the paint……Matt Vogrich continues to blow up, with UCLA now watching. Full Package had 80 coaches in the gym for one of their games……John 'The French Connection' Wilkens of the Illinois Wolves is expected to have 30 scholarship offers after this week, including high majors like Indiana and Cal, with Valpo also watching very closely……Tracy Abrams likes playing with the Fire, but will be a part of the Derrick Rose All Stars next year……Vegas balance sheet is now +$125, which doesn't pay the gas for the rental car, but at least it's a profit……..PF Changs again rules for late night dinner

• 3 weeks later...

dont know if this is old news but Vogrich seems to be done with SLU.

when naming the schools he is seriously considering, there was no mention of SLU whatsoever.

Wouldnt shock me if ND landed this kid. Brey has been a master at recruiting sharp shooters and shooters love playing in his run and gun, three point shooting offense. Plus, with Kyle Mac leaving after this year, the Irish will only have Ben Hansbrough with any real experience at the 2.