Riverwar tonight at Chaifetz

So I guess my question is.........what side is he gonna play on?

No idea what side he will play on. Ran in to RM at dinner with my wife Thursday night after the arena grand opening and he mentioned it. Vary genuine man. He came over to our table and talked for 10 minutes. He was all excited because GS was playing Denver on the big screen and he couldn't decide who to root for with his two buddies coaching against each other. If you haven't checked out the Newstead Tower Public House in the Grove and you like tasty draft beers I would recommend it. Of course coach was drinking soda.

That (WI) would be East of the Mississippi, so my guess would be Illinois. But it hardly seems fair that he would get to play.

What the heck, its a all-star game, not the state hs finals. These games usually degenerate into one-on-one mindless showmanship exhibitions. Also these kids don't need to impress anyone now, they all have confirmed post-high school plans.

You guys are lucky you will get a kind of a sneak preview of next years freshman class. I wish they could bring in Willie Reed also.

What the heck, its a all-star game, not the state hs finals. These games usually degenerate into one-on-one mindless showmanship exhibitions. Also these kids don't need to impress anyone now, they all have confirmed post-high school plans.

You guys are lucky you will get a kind of a sneak preview of next years freshman class. I wish they could bring in Willie Reed also.

I wonder if Willie will end up playing because a few of the KC guys aren't coming because it is the night of the big all-star game in KC.

I wonder if Willie will end up playing because a few of the KC guys aren't coming because it is the night of the big all-star game in KC.

A few quick observations, about the non-SLU signees.

Roundtree and Booker are, of course, absolute steals for SIU. Why are they fantastic? Because they have excellent, polished offensive games. They are just so good and relentless, even when they miss shots. Rebounding and defense round out their games. They appear to me to be Big 10 caliber players, especially compared to the other Big 10 signees tonight.

Suggs- he had a stupendous game against Lafayette in the playoffs this year, so I was suprised he was pretty much a non-factor offensively. Disinterested appearing and shot was way off. He is obviously a stellar player, so I don't know.

Lewis Jackson- Purdue signee is a quick little jitterbug. He is sooo much shorter than guys like Suggs, though, that I have a hard time seeing him as a difference maker or even close to that in college.

Josh McCoy and Isiah Rhine- not close to the level of these other guys.

People will add alot more. I left when MO was up 1, but it was the usual nip and tuck nonsense of all star games, so it's impossible to conclude anything from that.

Neither KM nor WR were there. Neither was Kramer Soderberg.

It was a good showcase of talent.

Thompson will be an immediate upgrade over BH.

Cotto has big time range on the 3, but will have trouble defending(although he seemed to be hurting and that may have effected his quickness)

Femi John looks like he can play, but definately needs to work on his shot.

It was hard to get a read on Kyle Cassity because these games are for flash and that doesn't seem to be his game, be he definately didn't look out of place out there and there was a lot of talent on the floor.

The only question I have from the night is why weren't we interested in Torres Roundtree? He's a go to guy in the making.

I'd love to hear some SLU fan's take on the River War game. Also If anyone saw the STL-KC game I wouldn't mind hearing impressions on Perry and Garrett Stutz's play. Thanks.

Roundtree needs some work on his jumper, but was the most exciting player in the game. He had a great dunk on an off the backboard pass from Suggs. I saw SIUGrad99 going nuts on that one.

Guest BillikenReport

I'll have a story up on my site as soon as I can on the game and SLU recruit comments.

I'll also have photos from the game on the site in a couple days (probably some time on Monday).

I'll have a premium story on Harrellson as well.

- Nate

sitting behind them at least at one point.

JH was sitting there the entire game. He is on an UNofficial. His official is in two weeks. Also, KM was there and couldn't stop talking about how excited he was to play with Tommie and Kevin.

Also, without question either Kevin Dillard or Suggs was the best player out there. I can't wait to watch Dillard vs. Mitchell next year.

JH was sitting there the entire night. He is on an UNofficial. His official is in two weeks. Also, KM was there and couldn't stop talking about how excited he was to play with Tommie and Kevin.

Also, without question either Kevin Dillard or Suggs was the best player out there. I can't wait to watch Dillard vs. Mitchell next year.

I would go with Suggs, but Dillard is the real deal. SIU has a hell of an incoming class. Roundtree was fun to watch tonight.

I would go with Suggs, but Dillard is the real deal. SIU has a hell of an incoming class. Roundtree was fun to watch tonight.

I also think Suggs is hands down the best potential player out there tonight, but he didn't play well, did he? Or was I too involved with my kids to pay enough attention? He just looked flat every time I watched him. (rubs eyes).

See, I thought Roundtree was alright but clearly the 3rd best recruit behind Dillard and Booker.

I agree but he had some great highlight moments. Dillard is the best player they have coming in in this class. At least from what I saw tonight.

See, I thought Roundtree was alright but clearly the 3rd best recruit behind Dillard and Booker.

My God, you could be right. If that's true, SIU has the makings of a sweet 16 team- or better- if they can supplement those guys. They are just so good.

I also think Suggs is hands down the best potential player out there tonight, but he didn't play well, did he? Or was I too involved with my kids to pay enough attention? He just looked flat every time I watched him. (rubs eyes).

I thought Suggs passed up chances for his teammates who had better looks. That is something you don't see much in these games. I just had the feeling he could have totally took over the game at any point if he felt like it.

I just wanted to comment on all of the seats in the blue padded prime seat section in the first 4 rows were nearly empty. These were seats given to sponsors and reserved for them. No one else was allowed to sit in them and were promply asked to move if they did try and sit there. These seats were 85% empty, yet no one was allowed to move down into them and they were guarded heavily. Seemed like a waste to me.

The game was great and Illinois Boys did a fantastic job coming from behind.

The short Illinois Guard should not have been allowed to continue playing with his sagging pants. At one point he was running down the court and they nearly fell down.. perhaps his pants were big, but it looked like he purposely was wearing them down low and sagging. Not appropriate to be playing/wearing them like that. However, I will say he was quite entertaining to watch otherwise.

The half time entertainment was awesome..but took a little too much time on the court perhaps.

Overall it was a good night and a fun game to watch. A lot better than the last All-Star game held at SLU a couple weeks ago.

Ohhhh...a food prices are outragous.