Billiken Club meeting news?

gister

I can tell you that if the only "green" seats left when I get to choose are next to the trumpet section of the band, I'll be watching from home......

Today

3X $375 is $1125

Next Year

4X $450 is $1800

I can't see paying an extra $600 to go up to red level in addition to having to buy a more expensive block of four tix instead of my current three........

I don't know about that Roy. I haven't heard one person say that. I assume that there maybe some people that might not be able to afford it. It will be alot more for some people and some of those people choose Billiken basketball because it was a more affordable option.

I think he's right, actually. It seems like a lot of really good tickets are owned by various firms that don't make any kind of donations. If that's the case, whatever happens, SLU wins - if a firm wants to keep its good seats, it has to buck up. If not, the seats might go to some real fans who are actually going to go to the games instead of giving them to clients as gifts.

I think he's right, actually. It seems like a lot of really good tickets are owned by various firms that don't make any kind of donations. If that's the case, whatever happens, SLU wins - if a firm wants to keep its good seats, it has to buck up. If not, the seats might go to some real fans who are actually going to go to the games instead of giving them to clients as gifts.

I am not saying it isn't time for people to buck up. I am just saying I haven't heard anyone say that they "think it is their god given right to sit in the 6th row center court without having to pay one cent extra to do so and will walk away rather than pay that because they believe the fact they have had those seats for 20 years means they should have them forever without paying the extra."

Everybody knows the deal when it comes to new buildings. They saw the process when the Rams came to town. They saw the process when the Cardinals moved to Busch III.

plus you have the cartel's that will be busted up. not all of those fringe cartel members will finally agree to buck up. they will mirror the indignant old time holders i mentioned above.

i know a number of folks that had 3 or 4 seats for a long time and now will take 2 and use the difference in price to pay the billiken club fee.

I don't know about that Roy. I haven't heard one person say that. I assume that there maybe some people that might not be able to afford it. It will be alot more for some people and some of those people choose Billiken basketball because it was a more affordable option.

Wouldn't they be able to purchase season tickets behind a basket (without a donation required) for the exact same price I'll pay for a season ticket (plus I'll have to make the donation for each seat I purchase) at half court? Yes, if someone wants a ticket and gets in gear by joining the Billiken Club they certainly will be assured a seat in the new place. Even if they elect not to invest in the Billiken Club, they have a terrific chance to get seats by signing up when the seats go on sale to the public in the next few weeks.

So, to some degree Roy is right. A person with tickets today that elects not to continue them cannot use the donation requirement as an explanation. As I recall, many of the seats in the building, maybe even the majority, do not require an annual donation.

By the way, my brother toured the building yesterday and said every seat provided a great view of the court. He says the locker rooms are amazingly large and the rest of the project is absolutely first class. I can't wait to see it myself.

By the way, my brother toured the building yesterday and said every seat provided a great view of the court. He says the locker rooms are amazingly large and the rest of the project is absolutely first class. I can't wait to see it myself.

I have heard the same from multiple people that have been in the building. There will not be a bad seat in the house. They say the building should be a pit. The elimination of the extra seats has really enhanced what the building will be.

Question: will the donations we'll be making go toward funding the operations of the arena, or will it go to the Billiken Club, where it will (presumably) help fund scholarships and improve our athletics programs as a whole? I've heard the terms "Billiken Club Donation" and "Arena Fee" bandied about.

Charge it as an addition to the activity fee. They'll never miss it. Their parents might, but they won't.

Free tickets equal wasted or unused tickets.

Don't worry, SLU will figure things out after 2 years of complaints and anger among students. Not much for planning and being pro-active, but SLU is excellent at being re-active well after the problems occur and then not really getting a good solution. That is why I say 2 years, possibly 3 years.

Question: will the donations we'll be making go toward funding the operations of the arena, or will it go to the Billiken Club, where it will (presumably) help fund scholarships and improve our athletics programs as a whole? I've heard the terms "Billiken Club Donation" and "Arena Fee" bandied about.

The majority is going to debt service and the remainder goes to the Billiken Club to support the needs of the Athletic

Department. For example, this year, the Club provided the money for new film equipment. As I recall, the amount for debt service was 60 or 70%.

i am totally convinced there are a significant number of old time season tix holders that have never been billiken club members that think it is their god given right to sit in the 6th row center court without having to pay one cent extra to do so and will walk away rather than pay that because they believe the fact they have had those seats for 20 years means they should have them forever without paying the extra.

this is good for the rest of us. i cant wait.

-imo this is only 'good' if there are people that donate to fill the seats

-imo this is bad if there are only 2000 seat licenses sold and then there is complaining that non-donor fan got to buy better seats on a game by game basis without making any donation

-making a run at the end of the season would probably make things a lot easier for the sales team, but i believe in time there will be demand for the best/better seats at these prices, not sure for how long or when, but in time

-imo this is only 'good' if there are people that donate to fill the seats

-imo this is bad if there are only 2000 seat licenses sold and then there is complaining that non-donor fan got to buy better seats on a game by game basis without making any donation

-making a run at the end of the season would probably make things a lot easier for the sales team, but i believe in time there will be demand for the best/better seats at these prices, not sure for how long or when, but in time

it is good in a purely selfish way because it will allow those of us that would have been behind these blockheads to move up in our rankings and obtain better seats.

it is my understanding that the lines will be moved up or back accordingly to allow the billiken club donors to fill the best seats. they may leave a few open, but they wont leave whole blocks open. the gold seats are the ones that are oversold, the blues are likely the ones not, the solution is they will push that gold line towards the floor more is my bet.