Predictions

Starting lineup?

Lisch and Liddell will likely start at the 2 and 3 spots. It has been said that Mitchell is supposed to start right away at pg. What about the interior starting positions? Does BE start as a senior. Do either of the freshman earn a starting spot in the frontcourt. Will Marcus Relphorde emerge in year 2 and be the most improved player. Will Knollmeyer hold on to the starting spot he has now. Fill in this starting lineup:

C

F

G Liddell

G Lisch

G

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thompson

AK

TL

KL

KM

I think we need AK for rebounding and strength underneath. Thompson can be a flasher and shooter if he wants.

and then the year after that....

We will have a tall front line for the first time since I became a fan.

BT

AK

Conklin

guard

KM

C Thompson

F Conklin

G Liddell

G Lisch

G Mitchell

JMHO

If I had to put money on a five, this would be it. However, given that he will have a year in the system, and will be a senior, I could see Eberhardt starting over Conklin if he ever fully buys in to what Majerus is selling. In fact, as I have said before, I think we will fully see the range of what Barry can do if he can play the 4 as opposed to the 5 which he is playing this year.

Just a guess:

C Thompson

PF Eberhardt

SF Liddell

SG Lisch

PG K. Mitchell or Eckerle

no way eckerle is the PG, sorry maybes hes the SG but no way he plays the point. I go with

C Thompson

Pf Eberhardt/JUCO

SF Liddell

SG Lisch

PG Mitchell

Just a guess:

C Thompson

PF Eberhardt

SF Liddell

SG Lisch

PG K. Mitchell or Eckerle

eckerle as our point guard? and you accuse me of crushes?

Yes. I've heard from a very reliable source that he isnt going anywhere. And a part of me still thinks he could be a similar player to Luke Meyer. So, yes it was a serious question.

What has DM shown you in his 8 or so D-1 minutes that would make one think he could start?

Roy, how is not a logical thought? He is the back up point/shooting guard and will be the guard with the most experience next year. Do you know how hard it is for a freshman to come in and run the point?

He is in no way a point guard. KL and TL and probaly KM waould start before him

when has eckerle showed any ball skills so far that would justify him as the point guard? he defends ok and apparently knows the plays. i will give him that. but no way i want him as our point guard.

i dont even want him playing all the minutes he has played thus far. only polk has a worse shooting percentage and his assists to turnover ratio is barely over 1. he is not a point guard.

assuming no other signees in the spring, i would assume mitchell comes in and is point guard from day one, but if not, it has to go to lisch.

when has eckerle showed any ball skills so far that would justify him as the point guard? he defends ok and apparently knows the plays. i will give him that. but no way i want him as our point guard.

i dont even want him playing all the minutes he has played thus far. only polk has a worse shooting percentage and his assists to turnover ratio is barely over 1. he is not a point guard.

assuming no other signees in the spring, i would assume mitchell comes in and is point guard from day one, but if not, it has to go to lisch.

You don't want anything to do with Eckerle, Roy. lol

one has to admit that the maguire red shirting is puzzling. if he isnt going anywhere, and rickma doesnt think he is a future contributor, why waste the scholarship any longer than necessary?

if he was going to transfer, why didnt he leave at xmas?

what exactly is rickma's angle?

Well, who plays three then if TL plays the point? Also, I would be weary of people thinking Mitchell will be good enough from the start to earn the starting position. DWAYNE POLK ring a bell?

Just some ideas for the 3: FJ, PE, BC, Ruben Cotto, other possible signees, MR, AM, Another JUCO scorer (no, I dont have any ideas.)

You don't want anything to do with Eckerle, Roy. lol

I think roy feels the same way I do regarding Eckerle: He hustles hard. He is a good student of the game =. He is at best a straky shooter abd he makes a lot of boneheaded games. Dont get me wrong, I like the kid, I just dont think he warrants that much PT