I'm glad the game is not on ESPN2

kshoe

If you go to Ticketmaster you can still buy 10th row seats behind the basket. We are playing a Final 4 team from last season, one of our principle rivals, and a team that abandoned us for another conference and we can't even fill the lower bowl. Embarassing. I don't want a national t.v. audience seeing that.

I for one would like to have the nation see that the Billikens could legitimately defeat last years Final Four team.

But if the game is not on the Duece. I am going to GW vs. Dayton, but I would have stayed home in a heartbeat to watch the Bills play.

:shrug:

It happens...

Steve

I HATE the fact that the isn`t on ESPN2,or Fox-Midwest,MSN,or any station carrying the game nationally.Hope the A-10 has an agreement with the Fox Sports Net.

A-10 has "game of the week" deals with both FOX networks (locally for me Fox Sports New England) and NESN (ESPN owned sports network). This is also the same deal for Madison Square Garden and some other regional sports networks (they may pick up different games some times). Comcast also broadcasts some A-10 games (I have Comcast cable).

Basically, the A-10 is on a lot on weekends but not so much during the week. This is actually pretty similar to C-USA in that ESPN+ games are picked up by some regional sports networks (I watched the SLU game at Memphis this way). The key will to get to be chosen as many times as possible to be featured in one of the 3 "games of the week".

I think part of the theory for the Charter deal is to focus on and grow the local fanbase; make the games availaible. On a national scale, its more about who we play when we get on any kind of national television (meaning, we are not ever the draw, rather the other team).

Also, I assume there are very few out of town fans to justify lessening the local commitment that Charter brings.

I love the Charter deal. As a result of sooo many road games being picked up by them. In fact, this will be the first year that I've been able to see every single game the Billikens play. The only road game not televised was at Dayton, so I made the trip. With some other deal we may lose the quantity of games on the tube. I refuse to get a dish because of it.

I have sat behind the baskets and I think the viewing is not very good - I would prefer to sit up higher if that is the only choice I have on the lower bowl. Just because people pass on the poor viewing angle seats is not a negative about our fans. The problem is we play in a 22000 plus arena and we draw about 10000 fans so there will be spaces somewhere always. Once the new arena opens it will all be a different story.