These are the facts and they are indisputable

This post is absolutely hilarious. Where to start. First of all do you know the difference between a fact and an opinion? An opinion is something like "everything wrong with the Bills this year is Soderberg's fault". A fact is "Soderberg is not the coach of the Bills this year Rick Majerus is". See the difference?? I especially like "Fact" #3 that "most of us thought that one of the best basketball minds alive could have overcome fact number 1. We were wrong. FAULT GOES TO BRAD!! LMAO. We thought they would be better this year and we were wrong and that's Brad's fault! Here are some real facts for you that undermine your "facts":

-Tommy Liddell averaged 15 pts and 7 rbs last year playing for Coach Soderberg. This year he is averaging 11 pts and 3 rbs

-Kevin Lisch averaged 15 pts and 3.5 assts last year playing for Coach Soderberg. This year he is averaging 13 pts and 3 asts

-Dwayne Polk averaged 5 pts last year playing for Coach Soderberg. This year he is averaging 3 pts

-Last year under Coach Soderberg the Bills ended with an RPI of 74. This year under Coach Majerus their RPI is 143.

-In games that Ian played less than 30 minutes last year the Bills were 11-4. In games he played more than 30 minutes they were 7-8.

3Jack? Sorry you are just one jack off....

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just as soon you not agree with me. It's like having the commie's helping you defeat Hitler...........

In any case, we do agree....just this once......

I bet we agree more than you think. I love Billiken basket. I think Majerus will get things going when he gets his players in place. I hope to see bigger and better crowds at the new stadium.

I agree that RM is better equipped to take us to the next level, but comparing Rick's recruiting to Brads is like comparing apples to oranges. The "kids want to play up-tempo" argument doesn't work.

Name one school that practices and/or plays in a dump that is good.....the only one I can think of is St. Joe's, but they are making big facility changes, too.

GW

This post is absolutely hilarious. Where to start. First of all do you know the difference between a fact and an opinion? An opinion is something like "everything wrong with the Bills this year is Soderberg's fault". A fact is "Soderberg is not the coach of the Bills this year Rick Majerus is". See the difference?? I especially like "Fact" #3 that "most of us thought that one of the best basketball minds alive could have overcome fact number 1. We were wrong. FAULT GOES TO BRAD!! LMAO. We thought they would be better this year and we were wrong and that's Brad's fault! Here are some real facts for you that undermine your "facts":

-Tommy Liddell averaged 15 pts and 7 rbs last year playing for Coach Soderberg. This year he is averaging 11 pts and 3 rbs

-Kevin Lisch averaged 15 pts and 3.5 assts last year playing for Coach Soderberg. This year he is averaging 13 pts and 3 asts

-Dwayne Polk averaged 5 pts last year playing for Coach Soderberg. This year he is averaging 3 pts

-Last year under Coach Soderberg the Bills ended with an RPI of 74. This year under Coach Majerus their RPI is 143.

-In games that Ian played less than 30 minutes last year the Bills were 11-4. In games he played more than 30 minutes they were 7-8.

Fact, mid-way through last year's spring recruiting period, when most of the good players were already signed, Coach Soderberg had a roster that only had two bigs - AK and BH... Inexcusable.

Fact, Coach Soderberg did not sign a point guard to compete for playing time with a point guard who only averaged 5 ppg.

Fact, Coach Soderberg said numerous times prior to last season that he had a team that could make the NCAA Tourney. He grossly overestimated the talent on the team as they failed to even make the NIT.

Is that a fact or an opinion? By the way Rich how many games did you predict the Bills would win this year at the beginning of the year?

I made no prediction at all. I was hoping for post season.

In any case, my facts point to a lack of recruiting being our undoing this year. Yours seem to point to Majerus style of play. I'll grant you that Majerus isn't necessarily as likeable as Brad but upon reflection, I do not believe that Brad recruited at a high enough level to survive. Bryce and Adam to not a front court make. Barry might have come or might not. Relphorde isn't really a forward and again might or might not have come. Rick isn't playing 5 guards against Dayton because he wants to. Rick inherited less than I thought.........

Jack, you have gone off the deep end. Your love for BS and hatred for RM has prevented you from any semblance of objectiveness. Please answer this, did Ian's presence help Tommie and Kevin's production last year. If you say no, then you obviously know nothing about basketball, if you say yes then you are calling yourself a fool. You decide.

And Duquense wasn't even selling a mediocre past, they were selling a "we've been in the toilet so long the urninal would look like heaven" past.

Duquesne facility really isn't all that bad....they just never had a product.....they practice where they play, it doesn't need much of a crowd to get jumping. It looks terrible on TV because the better seating is on the opposite side of the benches....

Ron Everhart came there from Northeastern, he looked at it as an opportunity compared to where he was.

Our crowds would fill up nearly every arena in the league and the Scottrade is a palace, but you never have a homecourt advantage and it is hard for the students to attend. Students either pay for parking or wait in line for a smelly school bus.....neither is very fun.

Plus, the only time our guys get to shoot in the building is on the day of the game. The sightlines are much different that they are at West Pine....

Fact, mid-way through last year's spring recruiting period, when most of the good players were already signed, Coach Soderberg had a roster that only had two bigs - AK and BH... Inexcusable.

Fact, Coach Soderberg did not sign a point guard to compete for playing time with a point guard who only averaged 5 ppg.

Fact, Coach Soderberg said numerous times prior to last season that he had a team that could make the NCAA Tourney. He grossly overestimated the talent on the team as they failed to even make the NIT.

I'm not defending Coach Soderberg's recruiting and I have never defended his recruiting on this board. But Soderberg was able to win last year and get more out of the players on this team than Majerus is. That is what I am criticizing Majerus for.

I'm not defending Coach Soderberg's recruiting and I have never defended his recruiting on this board. But Soderberg was able to win last year and get more out of the players on this team than Majerus is. That is what I am criticizing Majerus for.

Do you really think Brad would've beaten GW or Dayton?

Jack, you have gone off the deep end. Your love for BS and hatred for RM has prevented you from any semblance of objectiveness. Please answer this, did Ian's presence help Tommie and Kevin's production last year. If you say no, then you obviously know nothing about basketball, if you say yes then you are calling yourself a fool. You decide.

I can say to you with 100% certainty that when IV was sitting on the bench he did nothing for Tommie and Kevin's production last year and they both were still able to produce. And in some of the Bill's biggest wins last year IV was on the bench close to half of the game. Here are a couple of box scores for you:

@ St Joes

Ian 14 minutes 3 pts 4 rbs 2 asts

Tommy 37 minutes 21 pts 4 rbs 1 asts

Kevin 36 minutes 19 pts 6 rbs 3 asts

Luke 27 minutes 7 pts 2 rbs 0 asts

Dwayne 30 minutes 11 pts 4 rbs 2 asts

vs Xavier

Ian 24 minutes 5 pts 1 rbs 2 asts

Tommy 38 minutes 21 pts 5 rbs 4 asts

Kevin 36 minutes 19 pts 5 rbs 5 asts

Luke 38 minutes 12 pts 7 rbs 1 asts

Dwayne 35 minutes 12 pts 5 rbs 5 asts

How much did Ian help them in those games?

I can say to you with 100% certainty that when IV was sitting on the bench he did nothing for Tommie and Kevin's production last year and they both were still able to produce. And in some of the Bill's biggest wins last year IV was on the bench close to half of the game. Here are a couple of box scores for you:

@ St Joes

vs Xavier

Jack,Jack,Jack, I promise this is my last post on this subject. As, I and others have mentioned numerous times to you, value to a team can not just be measured by their raw stats. Regardless of Ian's points in a game, he still demanded defensive attention from the other team. Ian also allowed you to play Bryce far less than he does now. Jack, were you actually at any games last year? If so, didn't you notice that Ian was always double teamed? Don't you think this helped Tommie and Kevin?

Please quit saying this team should be as good as last year. There have been no significant additions and 1 major loss. How could it possibly be expected to be as good?

@ St Joes

vs Xavier

It's pretty easy to cherry pick stats. Truth of the matter is that Ian only had 3 games where he played 20 min or less. The conclusion to the argument behind Jale's stats is that when Ian didn't play, we had a better record. Well, yes, stats can be used to support any argument.

So everyone can look at the facts and decide for themselves, here are the minutes and won-loss stats last year for Ian (including Quincy and post-season). Under 30, w-l = 11-4, 30 or over, w-l = 9-9.

Quincy 26 minutes Win

La Tech 33 minutes Win

Lamar 17 minutes Win

Tex. A&M 28 minutes Loss

Houston 35 minutes Win

Loyola 26 minutes Win

SIU-c 36 minutes Loss

W. Ill. 20 minutes Win

Pacific 32 minutes Win

Tenn- Martin 25 minutes Win

MSU 33 minutes Win

UNC 32 minutes Loss

Missisippi 33 minutes Win

St. Bona. 33 minutes Loss

Duq. 34 minutes Loss

URI 34 minutes Win

X 24 minutes Win

Temple 34 minutes Loss

Ford. 30 minutes Loss

UNC-C 32 minutes Win

Houston 21 minutes Loss

St. Joes 14 minutes Win

GW 28 minutes Win

X 19 minutes Loss

URI 24 minutes Loss

La Salle 21 minutes Win

Dayton 25 minutes Win

Umass 31 minutes Loss

Richmond 24 minutes Loss

Dayton 41 minutes Loss

Duq. 31 minutes Win

Umass 32 minutes Win

GW 31 minutes Loss

Jack, you have gone off the deep end. Your love for BS and hatred for RM has prevented you from any semblance of objectiveness.

bbf, and considering your post history, your love of josh harrelson and soderberg's decision to wait on alexander to sign or not before offering has obviously affected your objectivity as well when it comes to soderberg. when i see your moniker, i immediately think, "the harrelson guy, get ready for either a i hate soderberg, why rickma is better, or if only we had josh" post. "

i am amazed that we even have to talk about soderberg anymore. he's gone. the discussion should only be about what we have now and will get in the future when discussing the here, now and future imo.

accept what it is, and discuss how it can get better now why it wont. i for one have more confidence in our coach and staff and believe they can do more with less. the trick is getting them to put out the designs to accomplish that instead of it being all about the future now.

Jack,Jack,Jack, I promise this is my last post on this subject. As, I and others have mentioned numerous times to you, value to a team can not just be measured by their raw stats. Regardless of Ian's points in a game, he still demanded defensive attention from the other team. Ian also allowed you to play Bryce far less than he does now. Jack, were you actually at any games last year? If so, didn't you notice that Ian was always double teamed? Don't you think this helped Tommie and Kevin?

Please quit saying this team should be as good as last year. There have been no significant additions and 1 major loss. How could it possibly be expected to be as good?

As I have stated numerous times Ian could not demand double teams and defensive attention from the other teams when he was sitting on the bench, which he was for big chunks of minutes last year and the team still produced. Eberhart is averaging 7.6 pts and 4.6 rbs so you are incorrect about there being no significant additions this year. With the continued improvement of the players that are returning and the addition of Eberhart there is no reason this team shouldn't have improved this years. But the team and most of the players have gone backward. That is a fact.

@ St Joes

vs Xavier

wow... Dwayne? I don't remember that Polk. Wish we had him around...

wow... Dwayne? I don't remember that Polk. Wish we had him around...

What happened to that Dwayne? What happened to that Liddell? Heck what happened to Danny Brown who averaged 5 points a game all three of his first three years and now he averages 1.5 pts. I guess it's all because Ian isn't around.

Heck what happened to Danny Brown who averaged 5 points a game all three of his first three years and now he averages 1.5 pts. I guess it's all because Ian isn't around.

Or maybe because he's coming off of fairly major knee surgery.

3Jack, you do see that Ian played 24 or more minutes in 27 games...right? And that he only played 20 minutes or less in 3 games? You said he was gone in "major chunks." I only see 6 games in which he could have been gone in major chunks.

Or maybe because he's coming off of fairly major knee surgery.

3Jack, you do see that Ian played 24 or more minutes in 27 games...right? And that he only played 20 minutes or less in 3 games? You said he was gone in "major chunks." I only see 6 games in which he could have been gone in major chunks.

I didn't say "major chunks" but if he is only playing 24 minutes that means he is sitting 16 minutes which is a pretty major chunk of a game.