OT: Braggin Rights game not sold out

brianstl

Well glad to see the excitement is high at those two schools. I just think this is unbelievable. This game used to be a thing that people scheduled for months in advance. People would kill for tickets. They must be using Bruce Weber's recruiting pitch to sell tickets or maybe just too many fans are worried about being caught up in the lastest Mizzou criminal activity.

I would like to point out that if either team would like to play in front of a full house in St. Louis schedule us.

I think to increase excitement for the game they should add a half-time driving contest between Jamar Smith and Mike Anderson Jr.. They could also bring back Kalen Grimes for a gun safety demonstration. Maybe have DeMarre Carrol show people how to dodge bullets, but it is pretty clear he hasn't perfected this yet. You could have Smith give a speech about avoiding any real consequences when you leave your best friend behind when you think he is dead.

Well glad to see the excitement is high at those two schools. I just think this is unbelievable. This game used to be a thing that people scheduled for months in advance. People would kill for tickets. They must be using Bruce Weber's recruiting pitch to sell tickets or maybe just too many fans are worried about being caught up in the lastest Mizzou criminal activity.

I would like to point out that if either team would like to play in front of a full house in St. Louis schedule us.

Any numbers as to how many tickets are sold and/or how many remain unsold?

It's kind of weird that the game is being played on a Saturday - I don't ever remember that happening in the past.

If the empty seats at the Mizzou Arena are any indication, Tiger fans have almost completely lost interest in basketball. It's unfortunate, because they have a pretty good team this year.

Others have pointed out their dismal attendance figures: 4,000, 5,000 and only 7,000 for Purdue.

When Mike Anderson was hired, I was shocked that they mentioned he was the first African-American head coach in ANY sport at that school. That's dismal. That still seems like kind of an a$$backwards place and I would hate to think that in 2007 that might be a factor in why the fans don't support that team.

Others have pointed out their dismal attendance figures: 4,000, 5,000 and only 7,000 for Purdue.

When Mike Anderson was hired, I was shocked that they mentioned he was the first African-American head coach in ANY sport at that school. That's dismal. That still seems like kind of an a$$backwards place and I would hate to think that in 2007 that might be a factor in why the fans don't support that team.

I don't think race is a factor. At the same time, I don't buy into the attendance is down in basketball b/c of the great football .... For the life of me, I cannot understand how they can only get 4,000 to a game when there are 20,000 students and quite a few locals as well. Sure, Columbia is not the size of St. Louis but at the same time, St. Louis has so many other sporting events (Rams, Blues ...) and cultural events (Fox, Powell...). Quite dismal.

Possibly its my circle of friends, but I just don't hear any talk about the Braggin Rights game this year. Is it just me?

Possibly its my circle of friends, but I just don't hear any talk about the Braggin Rights game this year. Is it just me?

It's not just you. It doesn't seem like there's any buzz about the game this year among my circle of friends (which includes a few Missouri grads) either.

where did you get this info as i don't believe it is true?

The link you provided has a date of December 10th. I have been looking around the internet for tickets since it is apparently not sold out and have had no luck. The only place that I can buy tickets are from ticket broker sites and the cheapest tickets are going for close to $90. If tickets are still available at face value someone let me know because I would be interested in checking the game out.

The link you provided has a date of December 10th. I have been looking around the internet for tickets since it is apparently not sold out and have had no luck. The only place that I can buy tickets are from ticket broker sites and the cheapest tickets are going for close to $90. If tickets are still available at face value someone let me know because I would be interested in checking the game out.

Try 1-800-Catpaws. My cousin said he got them Wednesday through Mizzou.

Scottrade box office has a much different take than that

Scottrade only has a limited number of tickets for this game and uses a lottery system in the fall to sell them; most of the tickets are sold directly by the two schools.

I don't know why the attendance at Mizzou has been down but I doubt race has much to do with it. It's been going down for a few years now. My guess is a lot of MU fans are still numb from the Quin era. If anyone doesn't like Mizzou basketball Quin Snyder should be their hero. He was very thorough in his destruction of that program.

Also for the Purdue game they sold 14,000 tickets but that was the weekend with 6-8 inches of snow so only 7,000 or so made it to the game. I would be curious to see what the tickets sold numbers were for their other games to know if the problem is people not buying tickets or people with tickets not showing up.

If the Braggin Rights game really isn’t sold out then that is surprising because I always thought tickets to that game were almost impossible to get. I guess if there was a year for it to happen though this would be it. Interest in MU basketball seems to be at a 30 year low and Illinois isn’t very good this year. They just lost to a MAC team at home and are 6-4 so far this season.