So the Ladies basketball team is struggling.

at 2-6. Anyone think Shimmy should be on the hot seat?

I do. Her recruiting has been the best we've ever had but it doesn't do us much good if she can't get them to play as a cohesive unit. As for why you don't see any threads on it, 1) I think a lot of people dig Shimmy as a person and are loathe to point out the elephant in the room 2) There isn't near the passion for women's basketball as there is for the men's team.

I do. Her recruiting has been the best we've ever had but it doesn't do us much good if she can't get them to play as a cohesive unit. As for why you don't see any threads on it, 1) I think a lot of people dig Shimmy as a person and are loathe to point out the 800 lb elephant in the room 2) There isn't near the passion for women's basketball as there is for the men's team.

I take it Theresa Lisch is still injured?

I do. Her recruiting has been the best we've ever had but it doesn't do us much good if she can't get them to play as a cohesive unit. As for why you don't see any threads on it, 1) I think a lot of people dig Shimmy as a person and are loathe to point out the 800 lb elephant in the room 2) There isn't near the passion for women's basketball as there is for the men's team.

not having teresa yet and ortiz flipping out on her has hurt tremendously. basically her #1 and #2 point guards she had planned on utilizing are not there. the other girls are trying, but they just are not point guards imo.

the good news is that freshmen lauren woods just keeps getting better and while the other guards havent covered for teresa there is no denying they have gotten a good dose of experience out of the time. when teresa comes back i think things will get a lot better.

as to shimmy's recruiting, while i have big time applause for the overall body of work, i think she is going to regret not pursuing katie broadway hard. illinois state got a steal there imo. they will like goodwin a lot next year when she shows up. they have no guard on their roster now (including lisch) that is as athletic as alisha.

Understood, but there's enough talent on this squad to beat glorified DII teams like UMKC and Tenn Martin.

3 star have you been to any of the games yet? they are missing a good point guard like teresa very very badly. i believe with teresa they would have won the hampton game. i wasnt at the tn state, umkc or the tn martin games, but considering the final spread and a review of the stats, i would guess those were teresa losses as well.

Again, I understand the loss of a top flight point guard hurts. But are you saying that without a top flight point guard SLU can't beat ANYBODY?

they have won two games. not sure when teresa gets back but i would think that between canisus and that tourney at the end of the month, they will win a couple more before january. but i think teresa is due back within a couple of weeks.

they are averaging right at 19 turnovers a game right now.

the ortiz leaving thing had to be devastating for shimmy as well. i am sure shimmy passed up point guard opportunities knowing that tatiana ortiz was coming.

I've been to every home game, and I reported that TL was hurt. Her loss is enormous. The team has lost four games by 4 points or less, and another went into overtime. With TL, they would have only lost the Kansas game.

She is so much better than any player we can put on the floor. She makes everyone around her, substantially better. We saw how the men were hurt by KL being subpar last year with the damaged hand, and we still had Tommie and Ian. There are no comparable Tommies or Ians on the women's team.

In TL's absence, she starts 2 seniors and 3 sophs. Two of the first 3 off the bench are frosh and the other is a soph.

Not meant as criticism, but you ought to try going to a game. TL is Shimmy's best shooter, ball handler, passer and floor leader. No doubt the Chicago girl leaving left a big hole, because Shimmy figured TL would move to her natural position of shooting guard. Now, we have to play the 2 senior guards that have huge holes in their games.

Finally, to compare this to the men's situation is a bit of a stretch. Shimmy inherited nothing. The program has zero history, plays in a joke of an arena, has no support from the public or student body.

I've been to every home game, and I reported that TL was hurt. Her loss is enormous. The team has lost four games by 4 points or less, and another went into overtime. With TL, they would have only lost the Kansas game.

She is so much better than any player we can put on the floor. She makes everyone around her, substantially better. We saw how the men were hurt by KL being subpar last year with the damaged hand, and we still had Tommie and Ian. There are no comparable Tommies or Ians on the women's team.

In TL's absence, she starts 2 seniors and 3 sophs. Two of the first 3 off the bench are frosh and the other is a soph.

Not meant as criticism, but you ought to try going to a game. TL is Shimmy's best shooter, ball handler, passer and floor leader. No doubt the Chicago girl leaving left a big hole, because Shimmy figured TL would move to her natural position of shooting guard. Now, we have to play the 2 senior guards that have huge holes in their games.

Finally, to compare this to the men's situation is a bit of a stretch. Shimmy inherited nothing. The program has zero history, plays in a joke of an arena, has no support from the public or student body.

3-star

the slu women's team without theresa lisch is similar to a slu men's team not having larry hughes for the first third of the season. the girl was ms. basketball in the state of illinois. do you have any idea what kind of caliber that represents. girls such as candace parker, tamika catchings have won that honor. she's the best scorer, passer, defensive player, toughest competitor on the team and she makes everyone else around him better. In short, she is the best player the SLU women's program has ever signed out of high school and it is not even close. IMO, with a healthy Theresa in the lineup, the KU game is probably SLU's first loss of the season on Sunday. She is THAT DAMN GOOD.

the talent level with the slu women's program is getting better, but it is not to the point where they can afford to lose an all-star performer and not feel the effects. IT'S DEVASTATING!! Even last year, they played ten games without their 6'4" center (the girl from Belleville east) and they lost nine. She was having a great year when she got hurt. It cost the bills a winning season. When she came back, they won a game in the league tourney and almost upset Xavier on their home court in the A-10 tournament. X went on to win the championship.

bad boyz for life

Wait, wait, wait. You didn't tell him the best part - tell him what she left school to return home to do. That's my favorite part.

i was told she is bagging groceries.

i was told she is bagging groceries.

zing!!!!! blows my mind. she should have sucked it up; we have a great grocery store just down lindell that's always short on baggers. she probably could have snaked a calling card a week and made her calls home to keep herself sane. oh well.

Dude i dont know what grocery store woudn't hire a girl who can sink a head of lettuce into a paper grocery bag from 18ft CAN YOU SAY EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH!!!!

isn't that part of growing up...learning to adapt to something that's a little bit more difficult than you're used to? At least it was for me, and everyone else who went to college, ever (for the most part).

But then again, most of us weren't getting athletic scholarship money. I could see how that'd push you over the edge; don't want to draw the jealousy of anybody who wishes that they could play college sports.