23rd in AP Poll

Whatsasaluki

Congratulations on the success of the salukis. i hope you run the table. darren brooks is one of the best players in the country. he does everything for that team and more.

p.s. - i bet you thought you were going to get a classless response to your classless post.

bad boyz for life

and I generally wish them the best of luck excpect when you are playing us or going head-to-head for a recruit. I hope we restart the games next year and I also hope that the Bills can have some of the recent success (3 in a row is very solid) you have had. Good luck.

until this weekend's media blitz (KMOX interviewing Painter and KMOV running a special)it amazes me how little coverage the team gets from the STL media. If SLU gets the short end of the straw I would say SIU isn't even getting a straw.

I agree ... I always want SIU to do well. I just wish that the fans wouldn't take SLU saying it didn't want to be in the MVC as a personal knock. If SIU had the same options as we had they would not be in the MVC either. It is too bad they don't have other choices ... if they continue the success of late ... maybe they improve their conference if more reshuffling is done.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

>The lowly Salukis (from the even lower MVC) are currently

>ranked 23rd in AP Top 25. Too bad we cannot find anyone

>willing to play us.

>

>

>

>

>PS- Remember us? The school were Matt Shaw is going.

I too wish the Salukis success in 2004 and, as the rest of us on the board, am disappointed we did not land Shaw. Hopefully, the SLU - SIU series shall resume next season.

you wont find anyone here that didnt want to play the salukis this year. i for one am p'd that the series was interupted. i hope it resumes next year.

if i had to pick a second team to root for other than the billikens, it would be the salukis.

and great get on shaw. i am sure you noticed i have been touting shaw for months.

i disagree, i would be willing to bet siu has a lot of alumni in the reader area. i know on this side of the river, probably more kids head to siu than any other school in the country.

skip, your comments about siu and the mvc are very good. i feel sorry for siu and creighton to be stuck in that conference and they have done everything possible to elevate their programs, while the rest of the conference is content to live on their coat tails. they deserve better.

Oh come on. The heck with the Salukis! Honestly, they are never even on my mind. It's not a knock on them, they just never come to my mind. I don't think they should get press here, but then again I don't think Illinois should either. But, if one were to get the press, it should be SIU. I have no bitterness that SIU is doing well. I am glad they are, but it's never a team I really think about. I think whatsasaluki would like to think that, but if I am going to bag on a team - it would be Mizzou. Good luck to SIU, but come back when we're playing you again and you have something to talk about.

i hope you are correct steve. that is the company line we were given when the schedule came out and we raised our concerns that the saluki's were not on the schedule. let's hope they live up to their word and return the series. imo, we should play at least 6 games versus area teams each year and get rid of the stupid buy games. i would much rather play siu, sms, illinois state, semo, eastern illinois, etc than 4 games vs north carolina at&t, savannah college, grambling, chicago state etc.

Roy, I have to agree with you. Those east side kids I'm sure make up a large portion of the SIU-C student population.

Does SIU-C have a radio outlet for their games here in St Louis? I know SMS pays to have their football and men's basketball on 1380. I think that SIU-C (if it wants some regular pub in the metro area) should do similar.

they should get more coverage than they get. too often there are about 20 blues and rams articles and 2 or 3 would have sufficed.

you dont read very well do you? i said 2-3 would have sufficed. didnt say that college basketball teams deserved more coverage than the rams or the blues, only the amount of column space devoted to the pro teams could reduced. especially in the offseason.

for example this nonsense about what kurt warner said at his church convention is boring and stupid. yet we get an article or column about it every day for about a week? who why should anyone care?

I don't think any damn college team other than SLU should get significant coverage personally. But, I know that is not realistic and others will. That's why I said MU. Plus, MU's greatest number of alumni is St. Louis. Illinois is ocer 3 hours away, why in the hell would they get coverage? SIU, they are hardly ever talked about here in St. Louis. The casual fan doesn't even know they exist. I know Illinoisans take pride in their state, so the Illinois version of like the P-D should cover those two teams. I don't need to see it.

tonka said, " don't think any damn college team other than SLU should get significant coverage personally."

i have been saying that for years. but if mi$$ouri deserves space, then they all do.