ot: skip, after 32 hours.....

did you get any hits? :-)

seriously, congrats on the record and job well done for the boys club.

Indeed, hats off, this is an incredible achievement. I would love to try something like that someday, but it's really hard to fathom...

Indeed, hats off, this is an incredible achievement. I would love to try something like that someday, but it's really hard to fathom...

thanks guys.

I had a couple of hits. To be honest, I was one of the few players who don't play in a baseball league. Some of them even play in traveling leagues. We had a few guys who played college ball and at least 1 who played minor league ball. Kevin Wheeler of KMOX open line and Derrick Gould of the Post played. Both are incredibly nice guys and neither are bad ball players. Kevin though he doesn't look the part is very good. He can really stroke it and pitches better than he gives himself credit for. Derrick is an average hitter but played a good 2nd base making one of the best plays of the game with a flat out dive up the middle to snare a lowline drive after about 27 hours of play. Derrick has a blog on the game at stltoday.com. I haven't hit a fastpitch baseball in 30 years and for my first few at bats it seemed I wouldn't hit one for another 30 years. In my first at bat I swung badly ... and never came close. During my second at bat I swung twice and missed ... and during the third swing, I opened my eyes and was estatic ... a pop up to very short right field. That wasn't a sign that things were getting better. I struck out the next 9 or 10 times ... maybe fouling off 5 or 6 pitches in all 10 at bats. Finally late at night I got a hit, a sharp line drive to right center. I asked to keep the ball, but to no avail. At that point things did look up a little, I only struck out 2 more times putting the ball in play for quite a few at bats in a row. I had 1 more hit and 1 RBI. I hit into 1 double play with the bases loaded. I'm not sure if it was because I hit the ball so hard or it took me so damn long to get down the line the caused the double play ... but I remember it as a rocket to the shortstop.

Today I am so sore I can hardly move. I hurt my knee at about 4:30 am diving (falling) for a ball in left field. My arm hurts, both legs hurt and I think I strained my right oblique, but I can't remember having so much fun. I didn't miss any shift

As daylight rolled around Sunday morning and we started to get a few hundred people in the stands the experience was incredibe. Little kids coming up asking for your autograph ... I probably signed 100 times ... fans cheering with every play. The amazing thing was that even after 25 and 30 hours of play, everyone was hustling and diving to make plays. I had numerous fans come up to me and make a compliment on how they were amazed at the quality of play after so many hours of play.

A Guinness rep flew in from London for the game and authenticated our record on the spot. He said that he was almost certain that out of over 485,000 records ... ours would make the actual book. That will be cool. Overall it was a great 2 days and we made a nice chunk of change for a very good charity.

and yes I'm at work this morning

Guest BillikenReport

thanks guys.

I had a couple of hits. To be honest, I was one of the few players who don't play in a baseball league. Some of them even play in traveling leagues. We had a few guys who played college ball and at least 1 who played minor league ball. Kevin Wheeler of KMOX open line and Derrick Gould of the Post played. Both are incredibly nice guys and neither are bad ball players. Kevin though he doesn't look the part is very good. He can really stroke it and pitches better than he gives himself credit for. Derrick is an average hitter but played a good 2nd base making one of the best plays of the game with a flat out dive up the middle to snare a lowline drive after about 27 hours of play. Derrick has a blog on the game at stltoday.com. I haven't hit a fastpitch baseball in 30 years and for my first few at bats it seemed I wouldn't hit one for another 30 years. In my first at bat I swung badly ... and never came close. During my second at bat I swung twice and missed ... and during the third swing, I opened my eyes and was estatic ... a pop up to very short right field. That wasn't a sign that things were getting better. I struck out the next 9 or 10 times ... maybe fouling off 5 or 6 pitches in all 10 at bats. Finally late at night I got a hit, a sharp line drive to right center. I asked to keep the ball, but to no avail. At that point things did look up a little, I only struck out 2 more times putting the ball in play for quite a few at bats in a row. I had 1 more hit and 1 RBI. I hit into 1 double play with the bases loaded. I'm not sure if it was because I hit the ball so hard or it took me so damn long to get down the line the caused the double play ... but I remember it as a rocket to the shortstop.

Today I am so sore I can hardly move. I hurt my knee at about 4:30 am diving (falling) for a ball in left field. My arm hurts, both legs hurt and I think I strained my right oblique, but I can't remember having so much fun. I didn't miss any shift

As daylight rolled around Sunday morning and we started to get a few hundred people in the stands the experience was incredibe. Little kids coming up asking for your autograph ... I probably signed 100 times ... fans cheering with every play. The amazing thing was that even after 25 and 30 hours of play, everyone was hustling and diving to make plays. I had numerous fans come up to me and make a compliment on how they were amazed at the quality of play after so many hours of play.

A Guinness rep flew in from London for the game and authenticated our record on the spot. He said that he was almost certain that out of over 485,000 records ... ours would make the actual book. That will be cool. Overall it was a great 2 days and we made a nice chunk of change for a very good charity.

and yes I'm at work this morning

Great job Skip.