Schedule

So, there's a topic on the A-10 board regarding the schedules of the conference (http://www.basketballforum.com/atlantic-10-conference/363772-2007-2008-team-non-conf-schedules.html). So far, everybody is looking quite solid. From what we know of our schedule, it looks like ours would be the weakest of what has been posted. I hope RM is able to land us some BCS games this year.

It may be decent from an RPI standpoint but considering the only BCS teams we may play will be in an exempt tournament even if we get an RPI in the 30s we'll be subject to the same fate so many other mid-majors get on selection Sunday...screwed.

Kshoe, never underestimate the power of hype. This year if we have an RPI in the 30s we'll deffinitely be in. Not because we'll have any big wins, but because those same political groups that typically overvalue "name" wins will have been hearing about us and our miracle worker of a coach all year long.

Funny how we have been complaining that the othe A10 schools need to toughen their OC schedule and now ours might be wanting given the late coach change. I wonder if Brad was still coach if our schedule would be done now or did he leave it mess because it was going to be a mess with him also?

on Scout about the A-10 and one of the things it suggested was that the original home and home teams announced a few months ago may be changed. Man I hope that is true as we really need to play Xavier twice.

We have URI, Dayton, and St. Joe's twice this year; I think the limit is 3, so no UMass or XU. It should be something like XU, Dayton, and Charlotte every year. The geography of the conference is crazy, so I understand it's hard to get everyone's closest rivals, but XU and Dayton should be set in stone. I hate that we don't get XU this year.

>In light of the fact that he was late in getting the job and

>we had many openings to fill I would think it would be

>unrealistic to expect big name BCS teams to be added to the

>schedule at this late time.

Don't sell SLU short. That was the expection of Billiken Roy and others for Mike Anderson when he joined MU late.