Where will you likeley be in the new arena?

This whole situation has me worried that I wont get tickets. I graduated a few years ago and just started donating. So in this theory the recent grads are going to get screwed out of tickets because most havent been donating. Do I understand this right?

I don't think new boosters will get left out. We don't have that many season tickets now. If you have been a billiken club member previously plus you graduated you will have at least a few points built up. You may not get great seats, but you will be in. Maybe there will be gold seats available as many won't want to pay an $800.00 per pair Billiken Club donation. Hell I can get up to 8 on my priority so if you don't mind losing the tax writeoff and are willing to pay the "small" processing fee I will require .... :D

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Thanks Skip, I might have to keep that in mind. I dont think I will get screwed out of tickets for the fact that my dad can also get up to 8 and I might just go on to his plan if it comes to that. Anyways, I know people are bitching about this whole thing but we are now offically entering college basketball and it comes at a price.

why would you "my dad can also get up to 8 and I might just go on to his plan"?

all you are doing is delaying the ugly day of starting over.

i told my son last year he needed to join the billiken club himself and begin to accumulate points and buy his own seats. that way 20 years from now he doesnt have to try to think of ways to steal my seats and location. he will have his own seats and a 20 year history of giving that he can depend on.

I have joined the billiken club just recently and im worried im not going to have enough points to get seats. Therefore the way I can get the seats that I would like, I would have to go through my dad since he has accumulated more points. I just dont want to get screwed watching it on CSTV.

oh if it comes to that, i understand. but if you can have a selection in your own name that would be better. i seriously dont think that will be the case. remember of the nearly 5,000 accounts not all of them are currently billiken club members. if you are in the billiken club, you will get seats before anyone that refuses to pay the billiken club arena fee or refuse to join the billiken club.

i.e. even if you are getting the general admission seats that dont require a billiken club an arena fee, those people that are billiken club members will still get to pick their seats before those that dont join. i.e. you will get seats as you can bet there will be hardheads that will just refuse to even join the minimum level of the billiken club.

Anyone who purchases Red seats or above will be in the Billiken Club by default. The key will be whether or not non BC members will be credited with an 07-08 or 08-09 membership. It would seem to me that people who are purchasing seats with an arena fee/BC fee and don't make a seperate contribution for the 07-08 BC season will not technically be in the BC when the ranking priority is finalized in April.

you will be asked to make two checks out. one to saint louis university for the actual seats and the second to the billiken club for the "arena fee". your billiken club donation will be your arena fee or more if you so choose.

the deposit you are making with these seats will be a credit towards your season tix for 08-09. not towards your arena fee.

that said, now knowing the rules and seeing the importance of being a billiken club member, why wouldnt everyone join the billiken club now instead of waiting until forced to do so. every bit of priority points is going to help you get ahead of someone who wont.

i specifically asked that question. the arena fee is just the minimum level you have to participate in the billiken club to sit in the seats you want. but it is not a separate donation.

if you for example want two gold seats, you need to be an $800 billiken club member. if you want general admission, technically you do not have to belong in the billiken club, however a billiken club member will have priority over you in selecting that seat(s).

"Why do they have to make it so confusing"

In all honesty, if they didn't make it somewhat confusing or have a lot of rules people would find ways to "game" the situation. If for one, am glad that they thought of most contingencies and there aren't any loopholes that people can drive a truck through.

it is time more "fans" stepped up. the system is fair and allows for everyone to participate at some level and be a booster. i just hope folks see it for what it is. if we want to be a bigger player on the national scene, if we want to help the entire slu athletic program, people have to try to help in whatever way they can.

everyone cant be a $30k a year booster. hell most of us cant even afford $1,000 a year. the first step is just to get some kind of participation out of more people. after that, the system will take care of itself. demand will drive our donations and the more the program succeeds off the court, the more we will be able to succeed on the court.

imo, father biondi and the slu administration have shown their efforts with

1. building the chaifetz arena and

2. hiring rick majerus.

now it is the fans turn.

somebody tell Majerus we need another committment soon so that we can stop bitching about the seating policy, taxes, whether we like local players that go elsewhere, Danny Brown etc.

Used to be we'd go months without a word on recruiting. Now, I'm not sure 2 committments a week is good enough to feed the masses.