Latest Rivals 150 Updated May 8

brian tells us that the rivals report shows:

"Brandenburg 63

Suggs 72

Thompson 108

SLU on the list for all except Thompson."

yet we have had reports for almost a year that says that thompson has been extremely close to committing to the billikens first and foremost.

I just don't understand how Brandenburg is 45 spots ahead of Thompson when Thompson almost averaged a big man triple double and shot over 40% from 3 last year, at the same size. At some point you just have to look at results and not potential don't you?

Brandenburg also makes a 15-paper clip paper clip chain 6 seconds faster than Thompson, so he has better hands. Brandenburg has also beaten Thompson in staring contests, thumb wars and most importantly - a Red Bull® pissing contest.

I just don't like the sound of a 6'11" kid who can't finish against high school players.

Man I hope we get Thompson, even if he is a hand/eye coordination retard next to Brandenburg.

People need to tke a breath about rankings and ratings and stars. Generally speaking it is nice to get publicity and a general feel for a few hundred players etc...but thenumbers and stars are not important. Period.

Majerus was recruiting Kwamaine Mitchell recently with Porter Moser, and I've seen Mitchell play many times...and I can say that he would do well and at SLU. He isn't a highly ranked player. Many players shoo tup like a rocket because of one event or down like a rocket for no reason on that list. I've seen kids go down on that list or off of the list because they committed really early,...or because they committed to a not as popular school to the people making the lists.

As for Brandenburg...he has been going head to head with people like Jeff Withey, JaMychal Gren and several others. He is an entirely different player than Thompson, who would also be fine get for SLU. People like V-time don't like his scoringnumbers but then V-Time posts about other kids who can't score a lick that he likes.

3 days after Suggs said he is wide open and Stallings and many others offered him scholarships because he was wide open...he is apparently down to 7, though that number is actually higher than seven.

What matters to me is offers, and coach's interest. Did a school offer, what is their interest, and what does a coach say privately about a player. High school teenagers change minds all the time. And, I have personally seen many kids not on the list or lower on the list who I think would be greatpickups for BCS schools.

>Brandenburg also makes a 15-paper clip paper clip chain 6

>seconds faster than Thompson, so he has better hands.

>Brandenburg has also beaten Thompson in staring contests,

>thumb wars and most importantly - a Red Bull® pissing

>contest.

>

>I just don't like the sound of a 6'11" kid who can't finish

>against high school players.

>

>Man I hope we get Thompson, even if he is a hand/eye

>coordination retard next to Brandenburg.

Please refrain from using the term "retard" on the board. Thanks.

>Thanks, Brian. Courtside - I have an extremely retarded

>cousin. I try to limit my use of the word "retard" to

>humorous contexts such as this comparison. No hard

>feelings.

Fair enough, but the term, is an outdated term, even when used about your cousin or in other contexts. And I am far from the only person who thinks so.

Goofball... maybe.

Ignorant... by no means.

Are we really supposed to start calling "slow" people developmentally delayed??? I'd rather save the syllables and call them retarded. Life's too short to say "developmentally delayed" and way too short to worry about who may or may not be addressing them in a manner that makes everyone feel warm and fuzzy about it.

For the sake of not entirely derailing this thread, I'll end my posts concerning this debate here. If I felt that I'd used the term "retard" with a pejorative connotation I'd have apologized, but I don't and I won't.

Sorry for the squirrel hunt and back to basketball.