last night

There are 3 more tries to take the test. Anyone know HOW close Liddell was? At least for me (I didn't take any prep programs), I improved each time I took those stupid standardized tests. But I know Liddell had a prep program so he may have had the practice that he is going to get.

Anyone know HOW close he was. What do you need to qualify anyway? And did he ever consider taking the SAT to qualify (is that an option?)

Steve

I won't argue, since you are probably much more knowledgible about it than I am. But I think also being tense is a part of it. I think the first time I took one of the college tests, I was pretty tense (there is so much build-up to it). But the other times it gets a little easier, you know the routine more. But there is a lot more pressure on Liddell than I ever had I think.

Steve

i just finished watching the tape of the west-east side game. tommie's game was fantastic. he had plays that we havent seen since larry was around town. the pass off the backboard was espnlike and the stop and pop three pointer was fabulous. he was by far the best player on the floor.

i had heard the same on tommie's first try on the act. jalen, my question is this, if tommie heads to prep school, what exactly would be his intentions then? is he totally committed to coming back to slu or do you think all bets are off and he is open game again? is there a chance his school grades will be good enough that he could still come as a partial qualifier? give it to us straight. we would rather know up front what is going on. thanks in advance jalensdad!

justin dentman at siu supposedly hasnt scored well either yet i know.

the problem with tommie's score is that if it was real low, and then he takes it again and has a substantial increase, the ncaa in the past has thrown that score out as a suspicious improvement. thus, he would have to in all likelihood do it twice. my hopes are now more of tommie getting the needed scores in his classroom grades to at least be a partial qualifier. i fear if he goes off to prep school we will never see him again as he becomes a recruitable athlete the moment he starts prep school.

> the pass off the

>backboard was espnlike

Roy,

You realize he wasn't trying to do that, right?

But it was a great play, even though it was unintentional. Of all the players on the floor, he was the only one who had enough sense to try to get that loose ball. If he wouldn't dunked home the rebound, that would have been one of the best high school highlights anyone would have ever seen.

Tommie looked good last night. He had a couple crossovers and drives to the basket that were big-time moves as well. He showed more athleticism in warmups than I realized he had -- and I always knew he was a great athlete.

- Nate

I was so, so shocked yesterday. I had to catch the game via "gametracker". I hadn't talked to the guys before the game, for my normal motivational speech :), I really didn't know what to expect. But "26" turnovers, and "10" by our starting guards with Reg having "6", I couldn't believe it. I know they'll do much better next game. I was hoping for at least two out of 3 on this road trip, I settle for one, "Memphis".

While I do not mean to knock Josh, he has played wonderful basketball this year. However, last year he at times forced things, lost track of the game and almost caused Brad to have a stroke when he took a shot with under 35 seconds left in the half against ?Depaul last year.

Point Gaurd is a leadership role. Drejaj will step in nicely next year, and with the talent surrounding him will be fine...

From all that I know Liddell and his family are very much impressed

by Brad Soderberg and staff. Remember when all the other programs were

ignoring Liddell, Soderberg and staff were very much involved. He was the only coach making inquiries into Liddell's academics. Handwritten letters and encouraging Tommie. I have a hard time believing Tommie could turn his back to that. Also when he verballed to SLU he said that he did not want to stray to far from home.

Aren't most of the prep schools in the NE? If that is that case and Tommie goes away to prep school then he will have his 1st tast of straying from home, and of course, he must be recruited again by SLU. Not good news at all for our Bills...looks like we might be recruting two players in the spring instead of just one.

my son told me today that a high flying shooting guard headed to a big ten school is supposedly also having trouble.

>Aren't most of the prep schools in the NE? If that is that

>case and Tommie goes away to prep school then he will have

>his 1st tast of straying from home

That's true, but for Liddell to be forced to attend a prep school that

is punishment. That's the last thing he wants to do. It's not as though the prep school is in Florida. It's out East which have very cold winters. He would be running home.

I live in Florida now so I know first hand what winter is like in both Florida and St. Louis as I lived most of my life in St. Louis. The St. Louis winters aren't exactly balmy and are night and day from what I now experience.

When I lived in St. Louis, I traveled extensively in the NE and most of those trips were during winter months...Portland, ME was one of my frequent haunts. From a Temp standpoint I found little difference in the winters, but the NE could (certainly not always) have a little more snow than St. Louis. These days I just watch the snowfalls from the comfort of my home in Palm Harbor, FL and I don't miss digging myself out one little bit.