Huggins to WVU??

nashville, i believe west virginia is huggy's alma mater and he flirted with going there a few times while still at cincy. i think like romar to washington, it is somewhat his dream move.

Huggins did attend West Virginia. The outgoing President was not a Huggins fan. They'll be replacing him in Sept. I believe despite that, Huggins was offered the job before Beilein was hired last time. Truth be told, Huggins and his wife love Cincinnati......but with the choices being K-St. or WVU might be different this time around.

He will either get a big raise and extension to stay at K-St. or go back to WVU...he has options now.

courtside, i would guess that huggy is more comfortable in big east like atmosphere as opposed to the big 12. his recruiting ties are more east than midwest is my bet and that would translate to more success at west virginia than k-state.

from all on the surface knowns, if i was in huggins shoes, i'd probably go to west virginia.

Not exactly the mecha of culture, it is a poor desolate state. There just isn't alot around the campus and unless your constantly flying out to D.C. or NY City you've really got nothing do will all that money. I would be willing to bet that Manhattan, KS is a alot more appealing to the family than W.V..

The appeal of tearing up the Bearcats might tempt him enough. Morgantown's not bad for WV. He did flirt with this job a couple of times. I think he'd take it. His wife could live in Cinci, as it's only about 3-4 hours away. Can you imagine being married to Bob Huggins?

Figured as much. I wonder if any future recruits will see through Hugs false promises. Am sure Kstate was not on Walker or Beasley's radar until Hugs arrived. See, now that's a selling point for UB...he for sure ain't going anyplace any time soon.

Rivals shows that these schools had offered.

Kansas State

Dayton

Iowa State

Marquette

Miami-FL

Notre Dame

Purdue

South Carolina

Saint Louis

Xavier

It will probably depend on who K-State hires and what needs the other schools still have.

I read throuhg some of the old articles on Rivals and his top five before he commited to KSU where UAB, Oklahoma, Kansas State, Saint Louis, and Dayton.