thinkin about the roster....

if we sign 2 of these PF's my starting line up would be...

TL, KL, the 2 PF's and luke at the 3 his position...

IMO i think we need to start 2 PF's have bryce and polk and Db come off the bench and if adam improves he can be a candidate for a starting spot...this leaves DM deep in the bench...we need to get more depth on our roster some how....pleaseeeee

we dont need a true center anymore, many schools are moving away from the center and going to 2 PF's and 3 guards...this leaves SLU with a good solid line up BUT we if cant seal the deal with 2 solid PF's that are ready to go from the day the step on campus we will be in for a long season...

in the worse case i would start small and throw some trappin at teams similar to a GW type game...create some havic...make the game ugly and at the same time that will create more fastbreak opportunites which SLU has never had a team that can score many fastbreak pts...

i know this post is everywhere but i guess this was just me thinking out loud...and i thought i should share

Brad has no reason to stay with the same "center" dominated offensive scheme as the past 3 years. He can easily reshape it to fit not having a true center. This coming year reminds me a little of two years ago when we went 9-21. Brad was committed to his seniors and it delayed the development of the younger players. If Brad does the same thing - insists on playing Bryce, Luke, Polk, and Danny and things are not progressing positively early on then he must not make the same mistake. He must start playing his younger players and see if they can make a difference. This is one reason I think it is critical for him to get some inside players this spring.

i have nothing against bryce but he cannot start for us next year...the other teams dont have true centers and bryce is a true center in his size...this will hurt us to play him max. mins at the center stop....play with 2 PF's luke at the 3 and tl and kl and the game starts to move up and down faster....makes our look better...if we devert to a half court scheme next year we will be hurting and brad hasnt showed the ability to provide our teams with a louisville type O, for example...if we can get an offense like louisville for example we can hurt teams even with the players we have now but we dont have the players to just allow them to create by themselves, beside KL AND TL...

I agree about Bryce. He has been here 4 years(3 years of actually playing) and he has had a 5 game period where he played decent basketball. I just dont see how Bryce can get more then 15 to 20 minutes a game. People have him starting next year and I just dont get it, granted we dont have anyone else currently but if Brad signs one or two bigs Bryce would have to come off the bench or I feel we will be in deep trouble.

I think it depends on who we sign. Either way I see Bryce as a 20mpg player. You say he hasn't provided anything for 3 years, I don't think we expected him to his first couple and last year when he got the chance, he produced.I'm comfortable with Bryce playing a much bigger role for us this year. At 20mpg I would expect 7ppg and 4rpg along with a block or 2. The thing is we need the same from Adam and a 3rd inside player hopefully a 4th also.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

I heard Durant was going to transfer to SLU because staying at UT or going to the NBA don't present as big as a challenge as getting SLU to the dance.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

SLU has 5 scholarships available for this Spring. Right now we have only 8 players on scholarship assuming none of the walk-ons are given scholarships.

2 freshmen - Knollmeyer & MaGuire

2 sophomores - Liddell & Lisch

4 Juniors - Husak, Meyer, Polk, Brown

We have two verbals, so that leaves us with 3 available scholarships to give. Total 13 allowed.

how bout we go get players that will compliment TL AND KL right now...why not get what they need and they need solid role players that can score 8-14pts and grab some rebounds a game and we can be good...with the 1-2 punch of TL AND KL we shouldnt have much of a problem getting players right??? the game is won with good guards TL is better then good he's on the brick, if not of being a star and KL as well...whats the problem?? how come the recruits are having a difficult time coming to slu??? doesnt a big man or PF want 2 good guards on their team that can feed them the ball??? strange...

i would sell havin TL and KL on the recuirts team major along side the new arena...that should be the 1-2 sales for the recruits...

i was taking a look at scout.com and i looked under 3 star and 2 star players and there were many guys that were committed to big schools but there were the same amount that we also committed to smaller schools even lower then SLU....but i also noticed that the guys that were not committed to anywhere and they had the schools of interest there and i did not see SLU on only of those guys list but i did notice many MVC schools like SIU, bradley, ect... where is SLU??

another thing....anyone have any info on the demond watt kid? i seen he had SLU as a school of interest, maybe this has already been posted but i must have missed it....what kind of player is he? his numbers seemed pretty solid...

Why would he switch to SLU? He would have to sit a year because he has already signed a LOI. If Donavan bolts, he will either stay at UF or follow Donovan to UK. Landing him is a pipe dream. I would love to see it, but I just don't see that happening.