Since i'm wrong

moytoy12

One comes to mind immediately, Stemmler. Jahidi White? Loren Woods? Chris Carrawell? I haven't really followed recruiting, so i don't know.

Didn't that Hollins kid go to UCLA?

Is suggs a 2 or 3 star recruit? I have no clue.

I know you're all pissed because you were slighted by my little comments, but you failed to answer my question and instead threw out this other stuff (part of which agreed with my thoughts in the other thread).

In the last 6 months, I've stated multiple times that Brad needs to step up his recruiting and isn't getting the job done. I primarily blame the coach for not getting the job done. He's made mistakes, and I'm hopeful he is learning from them because I really do like Brad. Things like facilities and budget have hampered him, but those are just excuses.

I have no idea how many stars Scott is.

If you feel guys like Dwayne Polk, Luke Meyer, Bryce Husak, Adam Knollmeyer, and the rest of our guys (who are indicative of about 75% of the players in college basketball) would have better basketball opportunities at these other schools, then we just need to stop this because we will never agree. I don't feel going to practice everyday, working out all summer, revolving my life around basketball then riding the pine for 4 years is what these kids want. Regardless of if my team wins a championship, that would be a brutal career with little opportunity.

what recruits has mi$$ouri landed that we should be all envious of?

as to why recruits go to the big name schools. imo because everyone is telling them they have to. they are so bombarded with the name schools, they think it is the best thing for them to "show their skills, move on, etc" the electronic media aka packer, vitale, etc lauds the big boys recruits and discounts the little guy. yet an adam morrison is competing for the national poy in his junior year.

i have long wondered why more top players dont see an advantages to signing with a program perceived to be a lesser program becoming an immediate starter and star and making history ala adam morrison or larry bird. all along garnering a fine education and all the benefits and priviledges if not more that they could get anywhere else.

my kid looked at 16 schools; he was an allstate vocalist 4 years and wanted a degree in engineering as well; I took him to small and large

schools-East and midwest; Mizoo offered a full ride and the promise of the lead in a show every year. He picked up on a feud between the music school and theatre and was put off, He went to Big Ten small school Northwestern on a partial scholarship-called after two terms of straight A's and said I got good news and bad: good full scholarship from eng school; bad just quit engineering- my response, I'm not surprised-he asked why? I replied they don't clap at the end of engineering classes-did his master's in London-now a sometimes struggling sometimes glamorous opera singer-has played the met and Carnegie Hall and every stage of the Lincoln center-had he gone elsewhere he might be a physicist with Nasa as one of his cousins did

in the space program-they are just kids making these decisions and they have to live with them-sure I took him to SLU and he interviewed with both the music and physics department and I thought they had a shot when the physics phd said he had been an allstate piano player

I think the attraction for the major players, 5 stars, is obvious. UNC, Duke, etc. keeps their name in lights and on some TV every game. I also think because of AAU summer ball these kids all know one another. I'm sure there's a bragging/prestige factor at work. By that I mean if you say I'm going to SLU, your buds may laugh and say "where's that or who are they?". UB's got to mine the 2-3 star local kids for now who have potential for getting better. Too many of his recruits, JJ, DB, DP for example, seem to languish in mediocrity while they're at SLU. Either he's not getting thru to them, or they just don't give a damn.

McKinney and Grimes were coveted by many on this board, both out of high school and when there was speculation they might transfer. Maybe not by you, but you're just one opinion among many. Romar and UB thought they were plenty good.

mckinney still playing? i was talking about the current roster and i would have thought mckinney would have graduated by now.

you are very right about my opinion of grimes. i had no use for him and soderberg's decision to first go after grimes instead of the obviously better shaw has turned out very badly for coach soderberg. i still wouldnt want grimes. one of the most underachieving athletes i've ever watched.

First of all, JJ was cut loose by Kstate in mid summer - he had few options and Brad needed bodies given the state of the roster when he took over. To say that JJ never developed and it is Brad's fault is difficult because given a normal recruiting process Brad might never have offered him. Danny, was similar - he decided in the summer not to continue at Air Force - once again, if Brad had not needed players would he have offered - who knows. Dwayne - I think he has grown. The problem is people thought he was going to be like his senior year at Vashon - his size is a problem for him and his lack of shooting consistency the same. Now if Adam and Dustin do not develop then it may be a whole another story.

great refresher of our casual memories cheese. danny brown was a stop gap when the alexander kid we recruited couldnt get in because of the crazy juco transfer rules.

we have got to fix the tv and radio coverage; you can get KY all over our area on radio; we can't get ours outside the Scott Trade or downtown if you are returning to the E Side after a game-the PR support for Brad has been abysmal-it was great for Spoon and Romar and even

Grawer-as good as Cheryl is in person-this is one area she has not been improving