Might...

You guys are really tough. I'm not going to say we were sick bla bla bla because we had a chance to win and we should have. I see you and X in the finals. It would be nice to see you beat them and have a two bid league. You'll be the top 3 or 4 of the a-10 every year, with Umass, and every year we are going to play tough games like that. It's going to develop into an exciting matchup if not rivalry. You better make the field cause if you don't and you happen to get us in the NIT, we're gonna bring it for some payback.

Hey man Im agreeing with you. Its been a long week in st. louis regarding the slu program and the MVC. I would love to have a rivalry with UMASS, it has a lot of potential. The last 3 games we played came down to the last possesion-great stuff. My comment was a rip on the media and the "casual" fans(who by the way know nothing about basketball).

There is no chance that SLU-UMass could ever be a rivalry per the self-appointed experts in the STL media corps.

On the other hand, these scribes and talking heads dream of a SLU rivalry game at UNI in Cedar Falls (aka Frostbite Falls), Iowa. After all, the Billiken fanbase not only would be able to be in attendance, but would be expected to make the trip in droves.

many a nite i have cried myself to sleep because we dont get to drive to evansville or des moines every year for a game. that drive up the avenue of the saints is one that everyone should have to make.

Lets start calling it a rivalry game. Everytime we play umass, we should view it as a Rivalry game.

I always thought that Dayton was our biggest rival. I think UMASS/SLU is a solid Rivalry.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"I was on fire, I was hotter than a pistol" Jason McElwaine

If theres no SLU basketball in heaven I'm not going!!!!!!

Official Billikens.com Sponsor of Chris Sloan and Billiken Volleyball

and Official Billiken.com Online Video Guy

Back in 1995, in the first big non-conference game SLU played in Scottrade (then called Kiel), Lou Roe and UMass (which also had Marcus Camby and was ranked in the top five in the country), came in and stopped a SLU home winning streak that had become noteworthy. Then, three years later, Larry Hughes and company beat UMass in a first-round NCAA Tournament game. We know about these three games since SLU joined the A-10. SLU now leads the series 3-2.