Powell Info

AJ

Powell apparently has decided to attend Mineral Area JC next year, and is not going to attempt to take the ACT again, so we can scratch him from our 2007 recruiting list. It's too bad; Powell is apparently a nice kid and a good player who simply needs to work on academics. Hopefully, we will stay involved. I still think Powell would be a good fit for us, particularly if Brad continues to push the uptempo offense.

Anyone have any news on the status of Rodney Alexander ?

Thanks for the info. It sucks but the kid needs to get his grades up. Liddell, Lisch, and Powell would have been deadly on the fastbreak, oh well. I could of sworn someone posted a while back that Alexander verballed somewhere or SLU isnt on his list any longer but I could be wrong.

like powell that is a tweener and has to head off to jucoland, the better kid is jeremy felton. felton is being pursued by every top juco in the country and is an unbelievable athlete. he is also about 6'7" tall and i am betting he jumps better than powell. that isnt a knock on powell that is raving about felton.

last i heard he was leaning towards indian hills.

"like powell that is a tweener and has to head off to jucoland, the better kid is jeremy felton. felton is being pursued by every top juco in the country and is an unbelievable athlete. he is also about 6'7" tall and i am betting he jumps better than powell."

Roy, I've seen both and it's pretty much the same. Powell also has ridiculous wingspan so it's not unusual for him to block 8-9 shots in a high school game. Felton's a stronger kid, though. I know it's hard to believe but Berkeley junior Abel Tillman jumps better than both of them. He's also 6'7.

Its not hard to believe Tillman's athletics are ridiculous. Seven dunks against Normandy. He dunks everything. The guards just need to get him the ball. He's going against an underrated junior center tomorrow. Brian McGee of Jennings also 6'7 with more weight. He gets up too. If they get Tillman the ball everytime they'll win. Like Powell, and Felton, Tillman shares the same grade affliction. Tillman is the area's top athlete.

I don't think there is any recent news on Alexander. Last I checked rivals, I don't think any schools were listed for him including SLU. I am not sure how much interest is left though since he visited in the Fall & didn't commit, I would guess both sides are looking elsewhere. Of course I could be wrong and he might still be on the radar too.

You have to get an associate's to go D1, so a player from this class couldnt go to MU until 2009. Still waiting on a link that says Powell has chosesn Mineral Area. At the game thursday night, people kept saying he was waiting til the playoffs were over to make a decision.

jeremy played with kevin at althoff for two years then he went to belleville east last year and his family moved this year and is going to graduate from belleville west this year. as desmet said, felton is playing with daniel lisch again at belleville west.

jeremy will go to a juco next year. to visualize felton think of jeff harris with an extreme high wire act. it is not unusual for felton to have 5 or 6 espn quality dunks and blocks a night. and this year he has gotten better from 5-10 feet as well. when jeremy played with kevin, he was basically a dunker. but he has become an all around inside player.

if he had the grades, i would take him now as our starting power forward next year assuming he could learn the offense and defense to the level required. but just based on sheer talent, we havent had a power forward with his physical skills since jamal johnson. in fact a slightly shorter jamal might be a even better description.