Ian will not start Saturday

ESTLALUMNI

Mr. amazing Brian; why don't you test your own reading comprehension and read the 4 posts directly after yours. then tell me if some people are taking that story as truth.

Did you even stop for 2 seconds and consider the spirit of my message? Sure some poeple questioned it -- I was exaggerating. But don't you find it odd how quickly several people jump on the bandwagon and endorse that account of the facts??

Has it ever occured to people that recruits might actually read this website? They might read, for example, some of the vicious and vitriolic junk posted on here about our coach, our players, and out university, in other words. And these silly rumors.

Funny how those who whine the most about poor recruiting tend to be those who are most critical (sometimes vicious) about our coach, staff, facilities, team, and university. I prefer to be more sanguine, esp. in a public space like this one. Does that amaze you too, Brian??

ps-- yes I'm sure my post "proves" exactly that about the problem at universities--to small minds, perhaps. I'm sure the problem is the many dedicated, overpaid teachers who like me have reading comprehension issues. I'm almost sure that's what is wrong at SLU. It couldn't be anything else.

Meanwhile my college roommate, who was no smarter than I was, is making 5 times as much $$$ as I am. I'm sure your snide analysis says it all, Brian.

Funny how I always get tagged with being pompous or arrogant. Those ridiculous statements seem pretty pompous to me, Brian. It is arrogant of you to presume to know almost anything about me, my life, my career, etc. Arrogant of you to attempt a sweeping judgment of higher education, using me as a test case. Yet you sure are quick to do it. Within an hour, you will be posting your response, I predict.

Hopefuly before the day is out, 2 or 3 other predictable posters will chime in and call me pomposus too, so I can retire back into my musty hole and stay silent for the next month or so.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doctor B said, "Meanwhile my college roommate, who was no smarter than I was, is making 5 times as much $$$ as I am. I'm sure your snide analysis says it all, Brian."

If you are not happy with that, you should change jobs. It was your choice to go into teaching. Do not resent what anybody else earns.

That is what is wrong with the whole profession. I have never seen a group of professionals so concerned about what other people are earning. It affects everything they do and has ramifications in the classroom. If you are not happy with what you are earning change careers. Do not let it eat away at your soul.

Where did i defend Brad? As a matter of fact, where I have I defended Brad in like the last month? I'm quite upset with the turn this team has taken lately. I guess since I don't come on here trying to be a d-bag and be negative in every post, I am defending Brad? I don't have an agenda to fire the coach. Nor do I have blinders on when ###### goes wrong.

Do coaches with ball games? Sometimes. But let's be honest here, 90% of the games are won due to the players. They need to take the blame as well. I find it pretty ridiculous that everybody is willing to rest all the problems on this team solely on the coach. Hell, we still have people on here talking about "how talented this team is" and "how disappointed this season is". Then two threads later, the same guys talk about how "soderberg can't recruit". You can't have it both ways. We are not a good team right now. That starts at the top and goes all the way to the end of the bench.

>Maybe our team is finally showing some emotion.

>

>Jimbo, I loved the rudy reference as it was on TV last night

>again. what a great movie.

>

>If wendell doesn't get his ass down to the bus in time,

>leave him everytime. You are a walk-on, you are privalaged

>to be on the team, and you don't show up on time??

>Unacceptable.

>

>Ian's benching is coming about 10 games too late, but I

>suppose as the old adage goes, better late then never.

>

>To Wendell: "Your 5 foot nothin. A 100 and nothin. With

>hardly a speck of athletic ability.....you better get ur

>braids done in time next time"

I thought Wendell was on scholarship now.

But most people don't *****, moan, and resent anybody who earns more. Many teachers will tell you how much smarter they are than people earning more than them. They know the deal going in. They are exchanging earning potential for job security and salary stability. If they are not happy with that change careers. Don't ***** about it.

Actually, I think that all it takes is for someone to post an utterly unsubstantiated rumor for half the board to start gathering up their torches and pitchforks in yet another "let's fire the coach" witch hunt. Allow me to point out that this poster has no track record and unless he's a team member, could not possibly understand the dynamics of Brad's relationship with his players, regardless of what he may or may not have seen, heard, thought, etc. You guys would have made great extras in Salem.

Every job and every profession ******* and moans. The laborer digging ditches, to secretaries, assistants, businessmen, sports stars, even CEOs all complain and resent others. Latrell Spreewell (?) couldn't feed his family remember?

Almost every person feels they work harder than the person next to them and they are underappreciated. Grass is always greener at the next job or if they could only get that promotion.

I would disagree with your basic premise that teachers tell people that they are smarter than the next guy. I never really found that. If they do, it is not something that is unusual or wrong. On a daily basis, a businessman says they are better than the rest and no one bats an eye. Since the earliest days of this country, Americans have traditionally frowned on "intellectuals." I think your thought process is part of that.

I was wrong, it was not an hour -- exactly 9 minutes. You must not have much else to do in life, Brian.

Also, I am very content and happy with my life and career. PS the other poster is correct about people being obsessed with their earnings. Professors and teachers do in fact know this going in -- and have made peace with it.

Actually, I can think of almost no other profession in America that is more obsessed with money that the sports world. Second-rate starters in MLB command 4 year, $40 million contracts.

Believe me, I am very happy with what I make. I am spending 2 weeks in Italy next month --not bad. I pointed out the $$ thing to say that you should cut teachers a little slack. Instead you respond by giving even more silly criticisms. get a life, Brian.

That prediction was self obvious. Are you telling me you didn't see that coming? It was the only sensible thing for the kid to do under the circumstances. Besides, the original post was that Ian wouldn't start Saturday. What followed was wild surmise regardless Brad's relationship with his players by subsequent posters over a STILL unsubstantiated rumor.

I see Tdell's post above and now believe this post to be true. This brings up some interesting questions about soderberg's handling of a team. Is he able to be dynamic in addressing his players? Or does he present the same static bobby knight like fire and brimstone, but without the credentials of mr. knight?

I could see why players wouldn't respond to a fire and brimstone approach from a coach who doesn't have the credentials. Don't know if that is why they are not responding or that is why the team is performing less than how we thought they would, but this incident might be instructive.

On the other hand, this might be a one time deal where UB flew off the handle. I have no clue, i'm not at practices nor am i in the locker room.

This is true, Sodie was wrong for leaving Wendell.The poster ESTLALUMNI is a friend of mine.I knew about what happened,I dont want to post negative stuff,but since its out,its true Ian is on the second team and will not start,as of yesterday.I hope Sodie changes his mind.

The problem with leaving Wendell is that he might have tried to get to the game and then have some problem. That would not be appropriate. Afterall, these kids are intrusted to the coach to look out for them. Maybe Wendell is always late - who knows but what Brad should have done is sent the manager to wait for Wendell with cab fare and then tell Wendell he will not play and will be disciplined when the team returns to StL. I am sure Brad is adding to the problem the team is having - he did it during the 9-21 season. Unfortunately we may have a pattern here.