Brad Still Has No Control

4 tellint

He had a week to prepare for this game and it looked like the team didn't have a clue. Sad when a walk-on has the most points off the bench. Again Brad sends out an assistant to do "HIS" post game show which is always the case after a bad loss. This loss is just a centimeter above the St. Bonnie's loss. This guy has had five years and has shown nothing. He needs to go at the end of the year as SLU has nothing to loose-its not like he has any top notch recruits on the horizon. We need a coach who can get the talent and depth to compete-this is never going to happen with Brad!

I am confused why people are so demeaning to RI - they are in first place or at least competing for it. We lost to them on their home court. Get real. We could have won the game but loosing it was not that unexpected given how this team has played on the road in conf. I am just as confused as Brad and everybody else is about why these players simply do not stay focused - all I can think of is that they simply are not that committed or mature enough to be a good D1 team.

This team had a week to prepare and came out just going through the motions. RI is not North Carolina. The Bills got spanked and mocked-remember the RI player who sank his second three pointer in a row and acting like he was blowing smoke from the gun and putting back in the holster! If nothing else that should have sparked some emotion from this team but they stood back and took it. Ian taking another three should have been benched-Gee do you think he could have had a few more boards if he was by the basket instead of on the perimeter? This still goes back to the coach. A team shows the same emotion as their coach-if he doesn't know what's going on and how to fix it. There's a management saying that if you can't change the person then change the person.

We got spanked my a mediocre Rhode Island team. It was another embarressing loss in a whole string of terrible losses by 15+ points this year.

A week to prepare and we give up 80+ points. GOOD WORK COACHING STAFF!!!

Being in 1st place in the A-10 is like being the tallest midget amongst a colony of midgets. Its not that big of an accomplishment...

"Being in 1st place in the A-10 is like being the tallest

>midget amongst a colony of midgets. Its not that big of an

>accomplishment..."

Nonsense. I understand exaggeration for purposes of making a point, but you demean your position by saying silly things. It's all relative. You wouldn't care to be in first in the A-10?

>We got spanked my a mediocre Rhode Island team. It was

>another embarressing loss in a whole string of terrible

>losses by 15+ points this year.

>

>A week to prepare and we give up 80+ points. GOOD WORK

>COACHING STAFF!!!

>

>Being in 1st place in the A-10 is like being the tallest

>midget amongst a colony of midgets. Its not that big of an

>accomplishment...

Rhody is not getting much respect from some of you. SLU is not any better than Rhode Island based on what has transpired this year thus far. An argument could even be made that URI is a better team considering the margin of last night's game. Looking at the A-10 standings, which is record of games against common opponents, would also seem to indicate URI may be better.

I don't get where many are all upset about a loss on the road at the leader of the conference. All road games in any league are tough and wins on the road are never a given.

Many here may have had very unrealistic expectations about how SLU would do in league play. I myself had thought the Billikens would do well this year (based on last season and returning players) but not to the degree some here predicted (I had thought about 11 wins was reasonable). The biggest surpise I found was in how some SLU fans thought A-10 road wins would come easy. That has not been the case for SLU. You only have one road win at SJU. If your team could not even win at SBU, why are some of you so surprised by a loss at Rhode Island?

I'm surprised (and a little disappointed) to see the disrespect that Rhody has received here. Until last night, the previous three games were all very close, and we could have easily been 0-3 instead of 3-0. At the same time, most of us are still learning about your team and your program, especially since it's been a few years since the Rams have been in the national spotlight.

Please understand that a few uninformed posters do not represent the views of all of the Billiken fans. We respect RI and I, for one, did not think we would win the rematch on the road. Right now this board is dominated with negative posters who think we should beat everyone by 15 points and if we do not they want to fire the coach. Good luck in the rest of the season. Maybe we will get a rematch in the conference tournament.

Yes, a road win VS RI would have been a bit more than I expected; however, in looking at the odds in my local sports page yesterday it showed the game as a pick...so I was surprised that we got hammered especially considering our coaching staff had a friggin week to prepare the team.

>Yes, a road win VS RI would have been a bit more than I

>expected; however, in looking at the odds in my local sports

>page yesterday it showed the game as a pick...so I was

>surprised that we got hammered especially considering our

>coaching staff had a friggin week to prepare the team.

Gambling lines are set in the hopes that 50% of the people will bet one way and 50% will bet the other.....not because Vegas thought RI and SLU was an even matchup....it just thought that quite a few people would bet on SLU....to even out the betting on that game to be a pick em.

The sentiments expressed by the kool-aid drunk billikan and sshaz are what's been holding SLU's program back.

Those type of fans, the ones who accept mediocrity in all of its glory, is what the SLU athletic department loves. They know they can put out a very average product and certain "loyal" fans will keep coming and watching the garbage put out there. The sad thing is they have alienated a whole group of us younger folks with their lack of dedication to the program. I know of NO ONE my age who plans on buying season tickets next year, NOT A SINGLE PERSON. Even the biggest SLU fans who are young realize what a neutral state our program is in.

Us younger fans don't accept losing when we have as talented a team as we have. We want to see a winner, not a bunch of kids out there "developing". What a moronic comment that was.

There are older fans who are not happy with our direction either. This constant spinning of the wheels is maddening. After five years under our current HC, there is nothing to be excited about this year or in the immediate future. Canadian, you said, "when we have as talented a team as we have". Besides KL, TL, and a gutsy LM, we have very little legit D1 talent. We have no credible 4, we do not have a legit PG, and our NBA potential Big plays with less aggressiveness than dancing Elmo. Would agree with Billikan on this that negativity rules the day on this board, but what are the positives?