Recruit news on 590

brianstl

>Also said Weber was in on him hard now. Weber must have

>missed Vtime's player evaluation.

I like Femi John. I'm the one who was saying SLU should offer when many didnt even know who he was. Its just hard to believe Weber is all over him. If its true, more power to Femi and I'm happy for him and I wish him well no matter what school he chooses and I know he'll be eligible because of grades. I wonder how far Reed can take this team this year. They are a year ahead of schedule in my opinion. Just curious, why did Roundtree want Booker and Perry to come with him to SIU and not Femi?

word on the street is that they they have battled each other this year a little bit. especially when femi started to blow up. they seem to be over it. we'll really see in the next week or two.

femi reminds me of danny brown minus the poor handles and numerous turnovers.

bad boyz for life

So what would that make him??? A player who averages 4 pts a game with no turnovers? A model for inconsistency? SLU doesn't need that. I don't want to start a player bashing episode, but please, SLU does not need any more Danny Brown's. SLU needs to start finding a "new" mold of player and from the sound of the players that BS is recruiting, that might just happen.

>> Just curious, why did Roundtree want Booker and Perry to come

>with him to SIU and not Femi?

Here is a simple answer: Carbondale didn't offer Femi John a scholarship. They have three verbals for '08 and they are pursuing another athletic big wing. They have shooters and bigs coming in '07. They are recruiting to fit the pieces of their winning puzzle. Femi just didn't fit into what they need right now.

The reason recruits are often compared to current players is to give a frame of reference that everyone is familiar with. It's a lot more honest and informative than comparing every mid major recruit that comes along to guys who are the stars of BCS squads or to the very best players in mid-major conferences. Sure pdiddy could have said Femi John reminded him of any of a number of good but not great mid-major players, but what good is that if you haven't seen those players?

I have been reading all this hype about SLU and Femi John but I am here to tell you that the kid is not that good. He is the type of kid that will keep SLU where they are at right now (constantly missing the post season).

He has a horrible basketball IQ, his jump shot is suspect and the strongest part to his game is his grades. If this is the only reason we are recruiting him than we need help fast. He is not a difference maker like a bunch of the other 08 players. I guarantee if you go watch him play and I guarantee that you will not be that impressed and that you will see a kid that shoots everything he touches and doesn't make smart plays and is not that good of a shooter and what position is going to play at 6'2 (yes he is 6'2).

I am not saying he is a cancer because his attitude seems to be good but I read on this board time and time again (especially from Vtime) about who SLU should offer, you said SLU should be pursuing Jordan Loveless and Anthony James (are you serious). Those two kids will be NAIA players. Give me a break.

SLU needs help quick and what Brad and his assistants need to do is visit Chi-town a little more and bring in some difference makers. QUICK. You guys seem to like being a 14-11 team year after year. We need to try something different fast. We will have no shot with the Bookers, Roundtrees, Suggs, and Perry of the world so we should settle.