Roy, your spin re: Roundtree

Nate Latsch

Roy re read what you posted.

You inferred that Lowery was doing something else illegal. I read your post not Nate's.

I have no doubt that Roundtree's recruitment was on the up and up. Lowery worked harder than Soderberg and made a better impression on Roundtree. Soderberg was outworked and that is unexcuseable considering the type of program we are trying to run.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i didnt, again. i asked MORE? what did they do more? same thing i asked the reporter that talked to the kid. what more? did they do?

you are the one that leapt to the cheating inferance. so yes, you said it. not me.

you can apologize anytime you want for your unwarranted accusation.

nate, dont patronize..

you made the stupid statement that you even got called on with your own previous statements.

now back it up and tell us who the other 5 division one players are besides knollmeyer.

or you can apologize earnestly to the billiken roster of players that you insulted.

no i have been consistent in my question of what more meant. you get both programs both offering the ultimate a basketball scholarship. both programs are limited by ncaa rule for a high school junior still in his junior year, so what MORE did lowery do? i think 10 months in advance of signing date and 4 months in advance of contact dates and 8 months in advance of official visit dates deserves that question.

that is not an inference of cheating. that is a legitimate question.

phan, i have always said, where there is smoke there is fire when accusing a $nyder or a calipari. i dont insinuate.

btw, i am a mortgage banker not involved in insurance.

>nate, dont patronize..

>

>you made the stupid statement that you even got called on

>with your own previous statements.

>

>now back it up and tell us who the other 5 division one

>players are besides knollmeyer.

>

>or you can apologize earnestly to the billiken roster of

>players that you insulted.

Oh good lord it is JMolina all over again.

Run Nate Run Don't look back and Run for your life.

Man, I leave for a meeting and the thread explodes...

That is completely different than saying we are his first choice. It's just a matter of him not being OUR first choice. Such is recruiting. I guess we'll see if he should have been in a couple years. However, I still think that if he wanted to come to SLU as bad as you insinuated, he would have held out. He's been at several games and the article said we showed interest.

He wanted more...we didn't...and if Brad hasn't had such a crappy track record lately, we wouldn't even be discussing this...

You are being too kind with the "mediocre" conference statement. we have an unbelieveable coach, he recruits great talent like Dustin McGuire, yet passes on Roundtree, he has lost his team and is unable to coach them, we lose to Temple and St. Bon., we have too much talent, but everything is going smoothly. keep up the good work, brad. hopefully we will be better NEXT year.

fyi, john and i converse on a fairly regular basis and i consider him a friend. but when or if he says something that is insulting or wrong about the billikens, i will stand up to him.

Wow, a little testy today gentlemen?

I will freely admit I am not a died in the wool Billiken fan, although I have followed the program since the 60's. My passion lies with another program, but I am interested in the Bills.

How's that for my cred?

A couple of thoughts........

First, Roundtree is not going to play for the Eagles this year with Suggs and Kramer. He wants to play against them;

Roundtree is a very good player that was attracting interest from lots of BCS programs, Lowery understood he had to move fast Illinois, MU and OU were showing interest among others;

It is my understanding he was offered by the Bills as has L. Powell

From what he told "another" school's coaching staff, he was blown away by Lowery

It is my understanding Suggs is down to 2 schools (don't ask, you won't like the answers)

It is also my understanding SLU is on to a number of mid sized wing players at the JUCO level that CAN be had, as well as a wider range of HS players.

SLU is active with their recruting.(E Austin and 2 SLU assts were at Sugg's game last Fri as was Mike Anderson and his wife)

I understand, based on prior years recruiting, this can be dumped on Brad, but these are kids; and it is difficult to come up with a "formula" that recruits sucessfully every time. Torres simply clicked with Chris.

and kids change their minds

Roy,

Someone earlier today or yesterday posted some comments that Roundtree chose SIU because the program is winning and making it to tournments. Now those were not his exact words but that is what I got out of the post regarding the rivals.com site on Roundtree. So, once again a recruit choses a school that has been successful the last few seasons and he wants to continue that trend. Until SLU starts making post season tournaments, I don't see SLU taking a majority of the local talent. Yeah, they may get a KL and TL, but as we all know KL would have played at SLU even if you were the coach and TL wanted to stay close to home.

And no, I won't give you my personal info.

The only thing of merit being tossed around here is the fact we now know that Roundtree was offered a schollie by Brad. Therefore, when he says SLU was his first choice but that SIU made him feel more wanted - that has to make you scratch your head. They seem to be contradictory statements. I am not inferring or suggesting anything just that it is a little confusing but then again a 17 year says and does confusing things at times.

"but as we all know KL would have played at SLU even if you were the coach and TL wanted to stay close to home."

Once again some yahoo pulls that idiotic statement out of his posterior. Got a source for that bs????? Didn't think so. "We all know" that we can probably group you with the multiple screen name morons.

>I understand, based on prior years recruiting, this can be

>dumped on Brad, but these are kids; and it is difficult to

>come up with a "formula" that recruits sucessfully every

>time. Torres simply clicked with Chris.

>

>and kids change their minds

That's because they are kids. It would be good if some of the posters acted like adults about the decisions that are made. There are plenty of fish left.

Face it the bills have more than 6 D-1 worthy players. As Roy has said there are over 300 d1 programs and dont tellme that 4 of our players could not start at any of those programs. Tommie, Kevin, Ian are no question. Dwayne, Luke could contribute, Danny could at least come off the bench at the majority of d1 schools. Nate has already said AK so by my count (correct me if

im wrong) that is 7

Rich,

Nice words tough guy. Name calling makes you a real man... I didn't know that comment would raise your blood to the point of trying to fight me. If you can get your short minded brain to work this morning and recall a certain USA Today article a few months back with KL and TL on the cover - that is where I was getting my info. Now the article does not state that KL chose SLU for those reasons and those reasons only. The article really doesn't say he did but it sure sounded like the kid wanted to stay close to home. Reasons why I believe that - the article talked about home cooked meals, seeing his parents often, visiting his brother, getting to see his sister play, etc., etc.

Now in my opinion and my opinion only, that is why KL chose SLU. Yeah, BS had something to do with it but that was not his main reason in my opinion. I guess BS had to at least offer the kid a scholarship.

I guess I have to put a disclaimer up before I make a statement like this again because I surely do not want to be called a yahoo by some dork named Rich.

And no Rich, you cannot have my personal info.