Ace recruiter Romar...

kevinfootes

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

>is 3-6 in Pac 10 play and in 8th place. What's the deal? I

>thought he's had top 20 classes each year.

4 seasons at UW, 3 NCAA's...2 sweet 16's.

Plays in one of the toughest conference in America, and plays zero seniors, one junior. Has 3 more studs coming in next year...and two more 4 stars committed already for 08.

Yeah he really sucks. I'd rather have Bob Bender.

Wow the pac 10 the best? Let's compare some records of big 12, big 10, PAC 10 and even the ACC and SEC...let's compare them. PAC 10 is good not sure it's the best? Maybe though.. Someone have some free time?

>http://kenpom.com/confrank.php

>

>Pac-10 is up there. The A-10 actually moved up a bit....

Does anybody in America actually think the Big Ten is better than the Big East or Big 12, I sure don't...not this year.

People get so carried away with RPI....it is out of control.

Pac 10, SEC, ACC would be my top 3 this year.

And no, the MVC isn't 5th imo.

But it's America and everyone gets an opinion.

courtside, i have asked you this a number of times and you have never responded. how many top 40 rpi teams have not made the ncaa tourney?

there are very very very few ever. with that kind of track record you are a fool not to watch it.

now that said, i do not think the rpi has a thing to do with the seed positions. siu is a top 10 rpi team and i can guarantee you they wont get a #3 seed. that is where the committee makes their mark.

>courtside, i have asked you this a number of times and you

>have never responded. how many top 40 rpi teams have not

>made the ncaa tourney?

>

>there are very very very few ever. with that kind of track

>record you are a fool not to watch it.

>

>now that said, i do not think the rpi has a thing to do with

>the seed positions. siu is a top 10 rpi team and i can

>guarantee you they wont get a #3 seed. that is where the

>committee makes their mark.

Actually you mentioned it once, that I have seen. I certainly pay attention to the RPI. I never said I didn't. I never said it wasn't a factor. What I have said is that it is not a be all end all factor.

IMO, MO St saved their season the other night, scrambling back from big deficit at Drake and winning in ot....they have been on the ropes for NCAA invite.

I think SIU, Creighton(regardless of their unimpressive non-conference results) look to be in good shape...and MO St looks to be the 3rd MVC team....I don't see a 4th. Would it absolutely shock me? No. Especially if a different team could win their conf tourney, and the others all finished strong.

People on this board devalue how you do in your last ten games and also in conference tourney. ...I think a win any time of year should be equal. But that is also a big part of dance invites.

I think Bradley, N Iowa, etc...have zero NCAA ivite shot. Wichita St would not be in today either.

As you said, RPI also does not have any affect on seedings, as SIU needs to win out to get maybe a 6 or 7.

I do see the NCAA moving away from RPI now and in future. When an SIU etc...can basically beat Va Tech, Western Ky then win a lot of unimpressive road games and have that RPI...people will look at that. Obviously they still have to dominate their league to stay there and they are.

Creighton and MO St are a loss away from not being in top 40 RPI.

I also think more consideration will be given to non top 40 RPI major conference teams...and also to top 40 RPI major conferences.

I think the MVC has worked very hard to not be a one bid league.

I do think if a major conference is having a good year...and it comes down to adding another team in 40's 50's 60's even 70's RPI...or adding a 4th MVC team for example...I think the MVC loses that most years, regardless of their RPI.

I think if the MVC lays and egg in this year's NCAA...they will fade back and continue to fade back unless they can win in NCAA with multiple teams annually for many years.

As we discussed multiple ways to get a strong RPI. You can play some 300 level cupcakes and still get a good one...or go other routes etc...

I think SIU is only MVC lock right now...Creighton looks in good shape...MO St with work to do. ...those are the three leaders for 3 spots. Anything can change at any time.

>by not presenting facts about the top 40 rpi to support your

>cause i assume you concede. thank you.

I just presented facts, as I do all the time. You go on a message board thinking, wow I have this ingenious theory that popped into my head...top 40 RPI etc..etc..etc...You bring zero evidence to support your theory...your theory not mine. I merely now, and in past have post numerous times of examples where that isn't always the case.

Anybody with even a tiny brain can conclude that the likelihood of top 40 RPI teams to get in is higher than say 41-80. I, as I have said all along believe that the RPI is not a be all end all. We have been through this many times. There is a reading comprehension difference between saying something has no value at all and saying it is the be all end all. In your rush to save your theory and argue, you must have missed that in dozens of posts.

Look at conference RPI...that has been posted a lot here...says MVC is 5th...Does anyone really believe MVC will get more teams than the 6th and 7th conference RPI teams, no.

Does it happen where teams not in top 40 RPI get into NCAA, yes? Have I provided examples of this? Yes.

The only thing I concede is your last post is typically childish.

look dale, all i have asked is you disprove my theory. i asked you to provide proof that a top 40 rpi finish does not all but guarantee you an ncaa spot. i believe if you check back you wont even find an average of 1 a year.

couple that with the conferences that wont have a top 40 rpi, that leaves very few spots left to give. and those will be eaten this year by conference tourney upsets.

>look dale, all i have asked is you disprove my theory. i

>asked you to provide proof that a top 40 rpi finish does not

>all but guarantee you an ncaa spot. i believe if you check

>back you wont even find an average of 1 a year.

>

>couple that with the conferences that wont have a top 40

>rpi, that leaves very few spots left to give. and those

>will be eaten this year by conference tourney upsets.

Not sure who Dale is....but obviously it was yet another attempt at some sort of name calling from a middle aged man. How sad, but you are consistent daily with that to everyone.

i've always said it is such. you are the one that keeps saying the rpi doesnt mean that much. i say a top 40 rpi is an almost certain bid. come on dale. just provide the proof i'm wrong.

They were 22 last year and got snubbed, but that RPI rating was a joke and everyone knew it. Heading into conference, the only tough opponent they played was Arkansas, not even one of the best in the SEC, and lost. Later, they played UWM and won, and UWM was something like 53 in the RPI. Everyone in the MVC was a little inflated, so Mo State reaped the benefit of a conference that figured out the formula before the others.

They deserved the snub, especially after rolling over in the MVC tourney.