If Tyler is "Psycho T" what is Ian?

SLUDrew

The Weak Greek?

The Shy "I"?

The Soft V?

Kidding. Just playing on. No reason to label Ian negatively. He didn't have all 19 turnovers tonight. The rest of the team is accountable for the turnovers as well. Road game we had our chances to win and didn't.

Let Ian Take a Seat

Let Ian sit for awhile and watch AK. Ian looks like he's just going through the motions and without a doubt has no toughness. How many time has he let smaller opponents strip the ball. There were at least four times last night including the last play of the game. He should have dominated inside last night-but he never has been able to finish strong-just the soft lay in. AK seems like Luke in that he's able to be where the ball is. Let Adam develop now so he'll have some experience for the A10 Tornament if the Bills make it!

it sounded like we played better when knollmeyer was in the game than ian. before i said, you cant punish the team by sitting ian, but his play continues to regress and apparently knollmeyer shows some want so let knollmeyer play.

Calling Ian lazy is stupid. He had 11 boards in 21 minutes. You don't get them being lazy. Something is wrong with Ian, but it's not being lazy. During the last game they said his finger he hurt at the beginning of the year is still swollen. The difference between this year and last year is purely in his ability to make shots. On the last play he had 2 seconds. Maybe he never got a good grip, did you see it?

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

No but Tom T. and Ramsey who were both there saw the same thing-Ian could not hold on to the ball. He should have taken it right to the hoop-something he has never been able to figure out. He has terribly regressed. This should be one of the guys the team can count on for strong play every game. It just is not there.

You keep waiting for IV to have this break out game....of course you keep waiting for DB to stop kicking the ball out of bounds on a break...and you keep waiting for JJ to show up two games in a row instead of good JJ one game evil JJ the other. I thought with 8 seconds left we would have tried to get it to IV if not for an easy shot at least get him to the stripe, where he's shooting an awe inspiring 55% and keep our fingers crossed.

That none of us know about. There is no other way he regresses like this no matter the amount of double and triple teams he gets. Something is physically wrong with him. He should have sat last night because it has no effect on our seed for the conference tournament.

skip if he is hurt then he should sit. it is pretty obvious imo that ian is not the ian we expected. and now i wonder if knollmeyer can produce as much.

Man, that was a tough loss. Sounded like the D was pretty solid and we led most of the game. Turnovers and poor free throws was the story of the night. Only one or two people brought this up, but you can't blame this one on the coaches. It was a hard fought game and we were always in a position to win. Danny "Turnover" Brown strikes again and Ian has forgotten how to put the ball in the hoop...or even hold onto it. I guess we're playing for a high seed in the tourney right now, but it sure would have been nice to ride into Philly on a win streak. We need a good showing on the Duece Thursday night...

and was ridiculed no end.

When I say "sit him" I am not saying he doesn't play. I am not even saying he plays fewer minutes than he does now. Let Adam get a start. It could be great for Adam AND Ian. Like I said before, Coach K did the same thing to Elton Brand for a few games and didn't exactly kill his career.

That whenever a player sucks, its because he's hurt. Not because he just flat out sucks and doesn't try, its because ohhhhhh his finger is hurt. That shows a lack of awareness skip.

Ian just isn't a very good basketball player this year. He's lazy, uncordinated, and really lacks heart. No more excuses from the kook-aid crew. He's just not good. Face this fact and maybe you can rest easier at night.

i can no longer see how anyone can defend vouyoukas. i dont care if he quadruple teamed. he cant be that bad offensively. turnovers, missed shots, missed free throws. forget it. i am just baffled by his non-improvement. especially after everyone that mattered telling him how close he was. how can it be explained?

we went into the season with the assumption he was an a-10 contender for player of the year. he is no where close to it. and i dont want to hear about increased attention. you dont think tommie and kevin garner more intense attention? it doesnt seem to be bringing them back to the pack. granted kevin had the month where he was beat to hell, but he and liddell have carried the team the last two games. and liddell even further back.

ironically, so many people said we had to win this year because vouyoukas would be gone next year, now i cant wait for him to be gone and someone else comes in to be lisch and liddell rebounders and defenders. no way it can be worse and i am now more optimistic about lisch and liddell's final years than i was when i thought we really had a possible nba player with them.

drew, i think then adam wasnt ready yet. now i believe adam can match what ian gives us. there is a big difference.

Yeah, exactly. When the original proposition was made, there is no way I could advocate it. We really hadn't seen Adamn, and most of Billiken land already called our recruiting class a failure. Since then Adam has shown he belongs out there and brings a lot of hustle/passion.

I have no idea what Ian's problem is. Somebody said he just sucks...that is a moronic post. He is PLAYING sucky, but the kid has a ton of skills. Why he refuses to use them right now is beyond me. You guard him one on one and he is unstoppable. He's been facing double teams for two years and he's a smart kid...there is no excuse for him to have not figured out a way around it. I don't see how he is helping us right now. If anything he is just making it impossible for our gaurds to take it to the hole. I just can't believe what his season has become. It's mind boggling.

>i can no longer see how anyone can defend vouyoukas. i dont

>care if he quadruple teamed. he cant be that bad

>offensively. turnovers, missed shots, missed free throws.

>forget it. i am just baffled by his non-improvement.

>especially after everyone that mattered telling him how

>close he was. how can it be explained?

>

>we went into the season with the assumption he was an a-10

>contender for player of the year. he is no where close to

>it. and i dont want to hear about increased attention. you

>dont think tommie and kevin garner more intense attention?

>it doesnt seem to be bringing them back to the pack.

>granted kevin had the month where he was beat to hell, but

>he and liddell have carried the team the last two games.

>and liddell even further back.

>

>ironically, so many people said we had to win this year

>because vouyoukas would be gone next year, now i cant wait

>for him to be gone and someone else comes in to be lisch and

>liddell rebounders and defenders. no way it can be worse

>and i am now more optimistic about lisch and liddell's final

>years than i was when i thought we really had a possible nba

>player with them.

Even a bad Ian has averaged 11 points and 8 rebounds per game. We have no big on our current roster who can come close to matching that and Soderberg hasn't exactly been knocking them dead with recent recruiting, so I'm just a bit skeptical that he will be able to land a player who can step right in and match that production.

Thanks to Sodeberg's poor recruiting we have three good players, 2 decent role players and 8 roster spots that are contributing NOTHING this season.

i think the life expectancy of a gecko is less than 3 years old so a 3 year old gecko would probably equate to about an 80 year old wise elder.

I like that summation Ace. One way to judge our talent is to ask, "where would these guys be in a program like Illinois or Marquette?" KL and TL would start for these teams. LM a 7 or 8 man who spells for about 10mpg. IV last year could have started for most top teams and been a 6 or 7 man for the cream of the crop teams. This year, he'd be getting maybe 15 mpg. DP, mop up minutes, maybe some time for his defense. DB and JJ? Well, JJ would have lost his scholly long ago and be playing NAIA ball for Suckmore State. DB would have transferred to Savannah State or Sam Houston State where he might see 20 mpg. Who can really judge what AK and DM would be contributing elsewhere, but it wouldn't be on a top 25-35 team. They never would have been recruited by them.